Homebrew New Universal Forwarder

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://rapidshare.com/files/234953515/Forw...wer_R5.zip.html
(please add mirros/if the link is dead, search for mirrors in this thread)

This Forwarder uses 0x81000000 as entrypoint, it's the same as LoadMii's, so this should have the same compatibility as LoadMii.

It loads different .dols depending on which button is pressed, the filenames are the same as the button names:
a.dol
b.dol
home.dol
minus.dol
plus.dol
left.dol
right.dol
up.dol
down.dol
1.dol
2.dol

If no button is pressed, then after 5 seconds default.dol is loaded.

The folder where the .dol files are searched on sd card are defined in the main.dol in this line:
#define folder "sd:/Forwarder/"

So the default .dol is sd:/Forwarder/default.dol.

The filename of the launched .dol is passed as argument to the .dol now.

PS: If you load a file from sd, then usb storage and it should work with usb loaders.

WiiPower

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
DOWNLOAD FROM GbaTemp --> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5837 Includes the readme and source.

vettacossx CHANNEL: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6CE6OZN ID: UNIL - Region: FREE - Blocks: 9

Compatibility
Tested through HBC
WORKING
Wad manager 1.4
FCEGX
Snes9xGx
GensGX

NON WORKING
MPlayerCE (older version, unsure of revision) assume no Mplayers work ?? Tried moving all the associated files of Mplayer to the different folders etc, but no joy....yet
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Tested as a Channel
WORKING
FCEGX (set as up dpad) (most recent as of this post on wiibrew though it shows updates are out)
Snes9xGx (set as down dpad) (most recent)
GensGX (set as left dpad) (most recent)
R324 of the GUI Usb Loader GX (set as Default.dol)

NON WORKING
Super Mario War 1.1 (set as b)
VBAGX
Thanks to those testing apps
wink.gif
Missed anything... let me know
tongue.gif

*IMPORTANT - WiiPower NEEDS YOUR HELP*

Can anyone thats good with art stuff make a blankish banner for others to make channels out of.
Like the multi emulator forwarder, but without adding the names of the apps ? This would be VERY, VERY useful for others, who could then open the picture in an editor and add the names beside each button.

Also......

Confirmation for the following would be nice:
1. Does this switch to 480i display on hdtvs? I know some forwarders do that, but i hope this one doesn't because it doesn't display anything.
2. If integrated into a channel, do the most used usb loaders actually work with this?
3. Do SDHC cards work with this?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't like closed source software that much. There are only very few applications i can imagine i would release as closed source, like an IOS loader that loads IOS .wads without writing them into the NAND, because it would be used for WAD loading, and at the moment i don't like that idea. Don't ask me for this, i can't do it, it's just an example of what i'm dreaming about.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I don't like closed source software that much. There are only very few applications i can imagine i would release as closed source, like an IOS loader that loads IOS .wads without writing them into the NAND, because it would be used for WAD loading, and at the moment i don't like that idea. Don't ask me for this, i can't do it, it's just an example of what i'm dreaming about.

This is awesome and basically exactly what I was trying to do. So for example if we want to set the snes emulator to the A path do we rename the folder with the snes emulator in it "a" (/apps/a)? Also did you do this by just editing the main.c or other files too, just curious to see if/where I was going wrong hah.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TrickyTony said:
This is awesome and basically exactly what I was trying to do. So for example if we want to set the snes emulator to the A path do we rename the folder with the snes emulator in it "a" (/apps/a)? Also did you do this by just editing the main.c or other files too, just curious to see if/where I was going wrong hah.

?
If you press A, this loads the file:
sd:/Forwarder/a.dol

And if you want to change the folder from Forwarder to myApps for example, then you need to change:
#define folder "sd:/Forwarder/"
to:
#define folder "sd:/myApps/"
in main.c

If applications load different files, it's mostly hardcoded in the applications which files are loaded. SoftChip for example uses files in the folder /SoftChip/ on your sd card, and no setting in the forwarder would be able to change that.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol ok just still a little confused. I guess what I am saying is like "a.dol" how do you define what program that is loading? Renaming the boot.dol of your choice to "a.dol"?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
TrickyTony said:
WiiPower said:

No ALL dols go into the same folder (forwarder)

Then rename them EG:

NeoGamma --> default.dol
usbloader --> a.dol
snes -->b.dol
wadmanager --> home.dol etc etc

I'd suggest putting a txt doc in too so you can remember whats what, but this will save so many channel spaces, and Wii blocks. I could write many more great things, but I'm sure it's pretty self explanitory now.

I don't have an SDHC, if anyone does, I'd love to hear that it does work with them for when I do get cash for a bigger SD card soon.

Anyone not fully understanding this, here's a brief explanation.

Instead of having multiple channels, you can now have 1 to replace your 12 most used channels. Yeah 12
biggrin.gif

This will save space on the menu (channel spaces), and also Wii blocks.
It wont display these apps, in HBC, and if you update something with HomeBrew browser, it wont change these, you will need to do them manually yourself (this is so you only put your tried and tested apps in there).
I think some won't like this non apps folder approach but imho it's better, it will make navigation for people that use lots of homebrew easier.

WiiPower provided source for those that would like to edit the paths, or even have many of these 12 app launchers.

We just need a buding artist to make a manilla picture of all those buttons without the app names, hint hint
tongue.gif

Then we just edit the picture to add names of what apps you will have per button and pack it in wad with something like wadder etc.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
TrickyTony said:
WiiPower said:

No ALL dols go into the same folder (forwarder)

Then rename them EG:

NeoGamma --> default.dol
usbloader --> a.dol
snes -->b.dol
wadmanager --> home.dol etc etc

I'd suggest putting a txt doc in too so you can remember whats what, but this will save so many channel spaces, and Wii blocks. I could write many more great things, but I'm sure it's pretty self explanitory now.

I don't have an SDHC, if anyone does, I'd love to hear that it does work with them for when I do get cash for a bigger SD card soon.

Anyone not fully understanding this, here's a brief explanation.

Instead of having multiple channels, you can now have 1 to replace your 12 most used channels. Yeah 12
biggrin.gif

This will save space on the menu (channel spaces), and also Wii blocks.
It wont display these apps, in HBC, and if you update something with HomeBrew browser, it wont change these, you will need to do them manually yourself (this is so you only put your tried and tested apps in there).
I think some won't like this non apps folder approach but imho it's better, it will make navigation for people that use lots of homebrew easier.

WiiPower provided source for those that would like to edit the paths, or even have many of these 12 app launchers.

We just need a buding artist to make a manilla picture of all those buttons without the app names, hint hint
tongue.gif

Then we just edit the picture to add names of what apps you will have per button and pack it in wad with something like wadder etc.

ooooooo ok thats pretty awesome! sorry i was being a pain in the ass but it can be a lil confusing without wii access. thank you for explaining to me and thank you wiipower for making this!!! +1
biggrin.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
If applications load different files, it's mostly hardcoded in the applications which files are loaded. SoftChip for example uses files in the folder /SoftChip/ on your sd card, and no setting in the forwarder would be able to change that.

hmm now there is something I never thought of.... hardcoded paths. I'll need to get testing apps tomorrow first thing to see what can, and what can't be ran from this without modifying the source again.

I'd imagine most homebrew games could be ran from it, but I'm unsure if everything will run no problems though.

Still suuuperb by WiiPower to bang this out in very little time imo. It should be easy to recompile to /apps if it proves that your apps are not compatible.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slimmmmmm said:
WiiPower said:

hmm now there is something I never thought of.... hardcoded paths. I'll need to get testing apps tomorrow first thing to see what can, and what can't be ran from this without modifying the source again.

I'd imagine most homebrew games could be ran from it, but I'm unsure if everything will run no problems though.

Still suuuperb by WiiPower to bang this out in very little time imo. It should be easy to recompile to /apps if it proves that your apps are not compatible.

?
The only problem is that, if application XCFG uses files in /apps/XCFG/, then you need the .dol in the forwarder folder and the folder /apps/XCFG/ with all its contents except the boot.dol.

d3c3pt10n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this works with Preloader then i think i just got GRUB

need a small apploader as default.dol that loads sysmenu on default.dol

a = usb loader
b = media (i.e. Geexbox/Mplayer_ce

need to mess around i think

great WiiPower

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
WiiPower said:
http://rapidshare.com/files/231840332/Univ...rderR1.zip.html

Release notes:
This is a modification of SpaceJumps forwarder.

This Forwarder uses 0x81000000 as entrypoint, it's the same as LoadMii's, so this should have the same compatibility as LoadMii.

"Error
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached."

wacko.gif

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great stuff... Having this universal forward channel. Better than the over 9000 diffrent forward channels for each loader we have now.

Great idea!
(if this works properly, i dont have the chance to test this myself atm)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Here we go +1