Homebrew New Universal Forwarder

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower, sorry to ask this a second time but I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss it.

Would adding gamecube controller support be possible or with the way the program is written would that be out of the question?

PS: Great application that I plan on using regardless of my requested feature!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rooskie54 said:
WiiPower, sorry to ask this a second time but I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss it.

Would adding gamecube controller support be possible or with the way the program is written would that be out of the question?

That should be easy too, and i won't integrate it neither.

You need to insert:
PAD_Init();
PAD_ScanPads();
pressed2 = PAD_ButtonsDown(0);

in the proper places and ask for GC buttons with:

PAD_BUTTON_A
PAD_BUTTON_B
PAD_BUTTON_X

and modificate the loop that wait for button press a little and how to process the buttons.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
rooskie54 said:

That should be easy too, and i won't integrate it neither.

You need to insert:
PAD_Init();
PAD_ScanPads();
pressed2 = PAD_ButtonsDown(0);

in the proper places and ask for GC buttons with:

PAD_BUTTON_A
PAD_BUTTON_B
PAD_BUTTON_X

and modificate the loop that wait for button press a little and how to process the buttons.
Thanks for the reply! I figured it would be simple enough, I'm just not familiar with c on Wii. With those inputs I figured it out in all of 5 minutes. For some reason I would never have guessed you just drop the W.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
_Aizen said:
Hi ! :° Great job.

Someone can make a Forwarder channel please?
That would be a bit dimb, because the banner would need to be done for YOUR specific apps. Like a picture with the buttons and your chosen app beside it. So you would need to explain to someone which app for which button before they could make the banner *See below*

SpaceJump said:
Nice one WiiPower
smile.gif

You too m8
wink.gif

vettacossx said:
can someone please post something BESIDES RAPIDSHARE THAT IS ONLY GOOD FOR 10 DOWNLOADS BEFORE IT STOPS WORKING...sendspace,zshare,mediafire any damn place else would be just peachy but rapid is the worst possible choice for me
frown.gif

Thanks in advanced if a mirror is posted ill make a few so its actually accessable seems the front post has but ONE choice for DL's
ohmy.gif
I'll upload to GBAtemp in a few minutes, surprised no one has yet tbh.

DOWNLOAD FROM GbaTemp --> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5837

QUOTE(vettacossx @ May 12 2009, 05:58 AM)
thanks so much! looking forward to testing this...Is it ok to make a channel with this if i use wadder?
Yes, wadder should be fine.

*IMPORTANT*

Can anyone thats good with art stuff make a blankish banner for others to make channels out of.
Like the multi emulator forwarder, but without adding the names of the apps ? This would be VERY, VERY useful for others, who could then open the picture in an editor and add the names beside each button.

Also......

Confirmation for the following would be nice:
1. Does this switch to 480i display on hdtvs? I know some forwarders do that, but i hope this one doesn't because it doesn't display anything.
2. If integrated into a channel, do the most used usb loaders actually work with this?

added a couple more things.....
3. Does it code dump if a nunchuck is connected? NO, it don't
biggrin.gif

4. Do SDHC cards work with this?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
UPLOADING VIDEO OF CHANNEL WORKING:

CHANNEL: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6CE6OZN

NOT COMPATIBLE SO FAR:
Super Mario War 1.1 (set as b)
VBAGX (set as right dpad) (most recent build from wiibrew.org wiki)

Tested and ARE compatible: (soon to be seen in this video)
FCEGX (set as up dpad) (most recent as of this post on wiibrew though it shows updates are out)
Snes9xGx (set as down dpad) (most recent)
GensGX (set as left dpad) (most recent)
R324 of the GUI Usb Loader GX (set as Default.dol)

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know what the key inputs for the classic controller are? We've got the Wiimote, Nunchuck, and GC controller. That would open up a whole boatload of controls. ^^;;

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Sir VG said:
Does anybody know what the key inputs for the classic controller are? We've got the Wiimote, Nunchuck, and GC controller. That would open up a whole boatload of controls. ^^;;
Not sure, they will be posted on wiibrew I'd guess.

When I spoke to WiiPower about this, te original idea was to use th enunchucl to allow more, but as WiiPower insists, he will only include the regular WiiMote buttons so not to exclude people from using etc.

Have a goolge, I'm sure either Wiibrew, or Codemii will have them, and then you can just re-compile to your hearts content
wink.gif

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Found it, though the Wiimote/Nunchuck controls are different then what's being used here. But here's the classic controller.

Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_ZL))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: ZL pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_B))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: B pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_Y))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: Y pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_A))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: A pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_X))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: X pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_ZR))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: ZR pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_LEFT))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: LEFT pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_UP))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: UP pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_RIGHT))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: RIGHT pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_DOWN))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: DOWN pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_FULL_L))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: FULL L pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_MINUS))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: MINUS pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_HOME))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: HOME pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_PLUS))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: PLUS pressed\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂif (IS_PRESSED(cc, CLASSIC_CTRL_BUTTON_FULL_R))ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Classic: FULL R pressed\n");

http://wiiuse.net/?nav=example

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
my banner kinda sucks it was a quick edit until wiipower makes a proper channel design or neoram maybe wiishizza ect
wink.gif

if you post the banner, icon, logo you want ill put the channel together i dont mind
biggrin.gif
plus i will show off your design on a youtube video!
tongue.gif

_Aizen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I test your channel, it work with only buttons that you have configure( Like say slimmmm (thx :°))

If I give you pictures, you can make a other channel, with all butons ?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Buttons pressed are determined by the directory as slimmmm says....

yes i will make a channel if pics are posted that look nice ill toss a channel together with wadder and test it...then make a vid....then post the DL so long as its a nice one
tongue.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm using Spacejump general forwarder with config path file.
but only one path is possible in the config.

Could you make one that reads multi lines in a conf file instead of hardcoded ?
I like to have the dols in the apps folder, so I can still use HBC if I want, without renaming to a, b, minus etc.

SD:/forwarder.conf
Code:
# this is the path config
a = SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
b = SD:/apps/sdgecko/boot.dol
home = 
minus = 
etc.

Thank you

Edit :
I could try to do it myself, but I didn't tried Wii programing yet.
maybe this summer when I will have time.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
For people wanting a channel made.

Go to wadder.net, get wadder then make a picture like this one:

menuscreen1emu22rf6.th.jpg

But obviously you'll need to add the extra buttons etc.

Next using wadder again, inject the dol from the first posts here.
Rename the apps you want to a.dol, b.dol etc etc and you'll be good to go
wink.gif

for those wanting nunchuck support, or GC pad buttons get the download it includes the source, install devkit.
Look for the buttons you want to replace and edit that part of the code (examples in previous psts by people, pay attention to the GC ones they are a little different), compile, inject etc.

I'm away out for the day, if no one has posted a "blankish banner" EG one with only the buttons, and left room for people to edit in their own personal choice of apps, I'll try to make one (don't laught at my feeble attemps, I use paint
tongue.gif
)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vettacossx said:
my banner kinda sucks it was a quick edit until wiipower makes a proper channel design [...]

Lol, i'm very very bad at graphics.

Cyan said:
I'm using Spacejump general forwarder with config path file.
but only one path is possible in the config.

Could you make one that reads multi lines in a conf file instead of hardcoded ?
I like to have the dols in the apps folder, so I can still use HBC if I want, without renaming to a, b, minus etc.

SD:/forwarder.conf
CODE# this is the path config
a = SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
b = SD:/apps/sdgecko/boot.dol
home =
minus =
etc.

Thank you

Edit :
I could try to do it myself, but I didn't tried Wii programing yet.
maybe this summer when I will have time.

I released the source for a reason. If there's a forwarder that reads such a config file, all you need is to combine both sources. If you do it, don't hesitate to ask me for help. If you know any programming language, it's not that difficult to do such small changes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality