Hacking New TX SX Information: New FAQs and Homebrew Support Confirmed for Launch

Ohex4455

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And DRMing their software is fair if they made their own software that they don't want people getting for free. They just want to be paid for their work.
Uhm.... just like Nintendo and the other developers. Creating a product for using piracy, demanding way too much money for it (while the same stuff will be possible for free in a couple of weeks) and securing the product against piracy is some top-notch hypocrisy.

D

Deletedmember448668

From what I've seen the reasoning is;

They're selling piracy.
They're DRMing their software.
They're selling software.
They're charging too much.

There are also some at least what I believe to be unfounded reasons/assumptions.

They're the new Gateway team.
They'll hold your Switch hostage.
They'll brick your Switch.
They'll drop support as soon as the product is released.
They stole their exploit/code.
Extremely lacking product details, short 34 sec video of what? Installing custom firmware? I'm we can do that already for free...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reasonable points, but the people who made modchips for previous consoles (PSX, PS2, Gamecube) or people like Krikzz who make flash carts, they don't get stick for "selling piracy".

And back then Harvey Weinstein had a mildly successful seduction technique, things change.

Even people who give piracy away for free get stick.

Extremely lacking product details, short 34 sec video of what? Installing custom firmware? I'm we can do that already for free...

You can't currently do that for free. I'm not sure that anyone is even working on adding the same functionality to Atmosphere that TX are offering.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Risingdawn

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Peeps, just to say the SX Pro is up for preorder at shop01media - an official reseller for TX

https://www.shop01media.com/en/TX-SXP-Xecuter-SX-Pro-Switch

I have placed my order. Time to switch your arse into gear now.
With ensured package and whatever that other thing is, they charge 47 bucks tho and the estimated shipping is end of june. Axiogame ships out on the 15th and is cheaper, so dunno if shop01media being in the EU outweights that.

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
but why do they called it pro wat is the pro version extra ?

Quoted from GaryOPA on Maxconsoles:
Yes, the PRO is full kit - simple plug/play DONGLE for payloads, Joycon Jig, SX OS license.

SX OS is 10 dollars cheaper for those that wish to just use their computer to load the payload, or android phone, and have already joycon jig to short pins 1 and 10 for boot-up, plus also no shipping charges, there within hours after purchasing for you to start playing away!

Reactions: scroeffie

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reasonable points, but the people who made modchips for previous consoles (PSX, PS2, Gamecube) or people like Krikzz who make flash carts, they don't get stick for "selling piracy".
And DRMing their software is fair if they made their own software that they don't want people getting for free. They just want to be paid for their work.
They're making products for other systems that have been (long since) dropped by their companies, when you're fighting the uphill battle of a company trying to shoot your stuff down as well as the (clearly debatable if you look at any of these threads) ethical concern of present day piracy versus piracy of a rom from 20 years ago - Nintendo made their money on Super Mario World back in 1991, even though they still do VC I don't think many people are considering that a "lost sale", whereas a game on switch which can only be played on switch until emulators come out is a different ballpark.

Also, I said it before and I'll say it again: Regardless of my opinion, the irony of a modchip company selling licenses to software is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

My primary concern with TX's offering is that it's permanent. I don't have any prior experience with their work, and I've just come off the 3DS. People seem hasty to forget Gateway's implementation of A9LH, and I think that it's worth sitting on rather than pre-ordering sight unseen from a single youtube video. If you've waited this long, you can wait another month to see what will come of it.

Last edited by Hking0036,

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And back then Harvey Weinstein had a mildly successful seduction technique, things change.

Even people who give piracy away for free get stick.
Krikzz makes flash carts today, and he doesn't get stick. They're for older consoles but they're new products.
I guess there's a point to be made that Nintendo aren't losing GBA sales to a piracy tool in 2018.

Ok, guys. I'm convinced. Give me one of them flaming pitchforks as well.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
With ensured package and whatever that other thing is, they charge 47 bucks tho and the estimated shipping is end of june. Axiogame ships out on the 15th and is cheaper, so dunno if shop01media being in the EU outweights that.

i went with EU supplier as didnt want to chance it direct from China. First time ordering but they seem to be well established as im sure other TX reseller sites are that will update with preorders soon. fingers crossed im in no hurry tbh, but can see this being popular once it launches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet