New trailer for Yakuza: Like a Dragon confirms its release date

The latest Yakuza game is on its way to the west, bringing with it a new chapter and main character. SEGA, who has previously confirmed the game's localization and official release for later this year has locked in a release date for Yakuza: Like a Dragon. North America and Europe will be getting their hands on the game on November 13th, which will be available on PlayStation 4, Steam, and Xbox One, with an Xbox Series X release also planned as a launch title, and a PlayStation 5 version for sometime later.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The game is already out in the wild for Asian audience.

edit: 0:09 the 3rd guy on left resemble quite a lot Kiryu, can anyone confirm is that him??

Last edited by leon315,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They need to slow down! I'm a late arrival to the series. I only started with Zero a couple of years ago and I'm only partway through Kiwami 1!

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They need to slow down! I'm a late arrival to the series. I only started with Zero a couple of years ago and I'm only partway through Kiwami 1!

Dude, I'm just gonna warn you: stay the fuck away from any and all promotional materials, footage, and images for THIS game in particular.

If I say anymore, I'd be hinting towards spoilers for one of the later games in the series. If you're playing on PS4, you have an advantage of being able to play pretty much every game in the series. I've already played through all of the Yakuza games with translations, including the PS3 ones, but I can imagine a lot of PC gamers waiting for 3-5 to be released on Steam, followed by Yakuza 6, and then they get dropped this game that takes place after all those before those games have even come out!

Reactions: BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, I'm just gonna warn you: stay the fuck away from any and all promotional materials, footage, and images for THIS game in particular.

If I say anymore, I'd be hinting towards spoilers for one of the later games in the series. If you're playing on PS4, you have an advantage of being able to play pretty much every game in the series. I've already played through all of the Yakuza games with translations, including the PS3 ones, but I can imagine a lot of PC gamers waiting for 3-5 to be released on Steam, followed by Yakuza 6, and then they get dropped this game that takes place after all those before those games have even come out!
I own 0, Kiwami, and the 3,4,5 pack on PS4. I plan to get the missing K2 and 6 eventually.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Archangel22

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that trailer does not make that game appealing at all nor any game if it didnt have the yakuza title on it. Im no fan of the new gameplay I preferred the older mechanics it was not broken yakuza was fun how it was but Im also not feeling this new direction and new character. yakuza has list its touch. to me yakuza 0-2 games were the top and peak of the series both lore and character wise. the games after it had a neat story yes but they started to go abit backwards I felt and losing its touch. I hope they go back to a more serious yakuza tone like 0 did and not over the top stuff like the latest game

Reactions: guisadop

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda wish they didn't make it an rpg, we have enough of those we don't have many beat em up type games like Yakuza 0-6, especially ones that are good.
Most JRPGs these days aren't very manly in the way this hopefully will be. I do understand the change will be a point of contention for a lot of dedicated Yakuza fans. Surely they will go back to regular Yakuza after this unless it somehow sells way better. I would more expect the RPG to possibly spawn its own spinoff line.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-