New trailer for Bayonetta 3 confirms October 28 launch

Nintendo UK posted a new trailer for the long-awaited, much-delayed Bayonetta 3 this morning, finally confirming its release date to be October 28, 2022, as a Nintendo Switch exclusive. The new trailer shows off a new character, Viola, a witch-in-training who fights alongside a demonic feline, as well as a few familiar faces.

A physical edition of the original Bayonetta will also release on September 30.

13th July, 2022 – Bayonetta returns for hair-raising action and larger-than-life battles in Bayonetta 3, which launches for Nintendo Switch on 28th October. The new Bayonetta 3 – The witch returns this autumn! (Nintendo Switch) trailer for the game shows Bayonetta, new and returning allies as well as the evil she has to face.

In this third instalment of the Bayonetta series, the unstoppable Umbra Witch must join forces with some familiar faces, as well as the mysterious Viola and a multitude of other Bayonettas to stop human-made Homunculi from wreaking havoc.

Players will make use of Bayonetta’s wicked weapons and powerful new Demon Masquerade ability to blast, stomp and slam enemies with exciting over-the-top combos and demonic powers. They’ll help Bayonetta, the baddest witch around, battle an evil that’s bent on plunging humanity into the depths of chaos.

The new trailer for the game reveals additional details about Bayonetta’s latest adventure and some of the new characters she’ll meet:

A Bounty of Bayonettas: Meet a veritable coven of Bayonettas, each more fabulous than the last, while fighting through the streets of Tokyo, the mountains of China and beyond! Along the way, players will discover if this arcane alliance can really save humanity and what fate awaits this bunch of Bayonettas.

Rough Up Rivals as Viola: In addition to Bayonetta, players will also control the feisty witch-in-training Viola who is ready to unleash hell on the Homunculi with her sword and her capricious companion, the feline demon Cheshire.

A special Trinity Masquerade Edition will also be available on 28th October. It features the beauties and beasts of Bayonetta 3 with a full-colour 200-page art book, and displays the whole Bayonetta trilogy with three exclusive title sheets, one for each game*, that combine to form a stunning panoramic artwork. More details about the Trinity Masquerade Edition and pre-orders will be revealed in the future.

Plus, the original Bayonetta launches for Nintendo Switch as a standalone, physical release on 30th September. More details will be revealed in the future.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice! finally this game has a release date :)
it's been long enough now,
hpe it's good tho and wroth all the wait.

now that this game is coming, i might get this one instead of xenoblade c3,
i've not played bayonetta 1 or 2 on switch, but i hope 3 is wroth it's money?

it's coming on october 28th, last year metroid dread came out october 8th, lol.
octber's a good time for big game releases it seems, hehe.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that if it wasn't thanks to Nintendo that Bayonetta 2 would (probably) never exist, but even still I wish it was on PS/Xbox and PC for all gamers to enjoy. Bayonetta 2 was incredible and I loved it!

Sega still re-releases the first on newer consoles so there they at least have the freedom to do so. :)

In terms of emulation, we all know Bayonetta 3 will run on PC although not legally.

Anyway, the first Bayonetta ran really poorly on PS3. There's no reason for that if Platinum Games had polished it. The Saturn of the 7th Console Generation.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really excited for the battle music. In Bayonetta 1 we had "Fly Me To The Moon" and in Bayonetta 2 we had "Moon River", can't wait to hear what they have for us in Bayonetta 3!
Definitely another legendary classic. I was thinking Swan Lake, but it's gonna be with vocal.

Reactions: haxan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over