Hacking New to this - Best flash setup?

Rogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Pardon the same question you guys (or gals) get all the time. But after looking myself, I find I am more confused than I was before. What setup, slot 1 and slot 2, do you think is the best? I was looking at the R4DS, but after reading some really nasty reviews I looked at the CycloDS. What do you all think is the best setup? I know each has its goods and bads, but overall? Before ordering I wanted a better opinion than simply the products web pages.

Thanks.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you feel that those seldom-used "advanced" options such as real-time game save dumps and slow-motion are worth the extra cost, go with the CycloDS. It's pricey, but an excellent flash cart.

If you don't care about those options and want to save some money, go with either the Acekard 2 or the Edge. I prefer the Acekard 2 because of its excellent menu system, but others like the Edge better because it's a little sturdier than the Acekard 2.

All three flash carts support the EZFlash 3-in-1 slot 2 GBA expansion cart for playing GBA games and for extra memory required for using the Opera browser. All three allow you to click the GBA game directly in the menu to run it on the slot 2 (other flash carts require you to use a loader program such as GBA ExpLoader).

-Bri

Rogg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I think I will go with the CycloDS just due to the fact that it seems they update it quite often and everyone seems to like it.

Thanks for the help and sorry to post this in the wrong area. Somehow completely missed that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-