Hacking Homebrew ROM Hack Emulation New to the Xbox world but something bothers me...

Man_Of_Stripes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are a lot of homebrew games on discord, in gamr13's channel. however, isos or original xbox homebrew cannot be played. I'm sure something like that would be possible, but it would get taken down by microsoft.
yeah some of my xbox games are isos but most are in folders. Ill look and see if they have the apxs extension, which I dont recall but I could be wrong

Man_Of_Stripes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought about retroarch having such a core. I don't know if it does, but I would think they'd avoid offering it rather than risk getting removed by microsoft.
I thought so too but it doesnt work unless some of my xbox games are in isos. ill remove the iso ones and see if the xbox games in folders work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought so too but it doesnt work unless some of my xbox games are in isos. ill remove the iso ones and see if the xbox games in folders work.
there's an option in retroarch to scan for specific file extensions. I know nothing of the original xbox, but you could have it scan for isos. since they're in folders, add recursive scan.

Man_Of_Stripes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's an option in retroarch to scan for specific file extensions. I know nothing of the original xbox, but you could have it scan for isos. since they're in folders, add recursive scan.
Yeah ive tried and the xbox folder showed a lot of cds in numbers and werid names. It didnt show the game titles like ps1, ps2 and etc which i find odd

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, 360 or xbone games would be difficult to emulate. I think the system could do 360, but you're limited to 4GBs of ram in devmode. that's if you change it to game instead of app. app is only 1GB of ram, so always change installs as it defaults to app.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah ive tried and the xbox folder showed a lot of cds in numbers and werid names. It didnt show the game titles like ps1, ps2 and etc which i find odd
no idea. I know what xbox games look like decrypted. there's a default.xbe file which is the main executable. that doesn't sound like one of those.

Reactions: CoolMe

Man_Of_Stripes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea. I know what xbox games look like decrypted. there's a default.xbe file which is the main executable. that doesn't sound like one of those.
btw, 360 or xbone games would be difficult to emulate. I think the system could do 360, but you're limited to 4GBs of ram in devmode. that's if you change it to game instead of app. app is only 1GB of ram, so always change installs as it defaults to app.
Yes all my apps in dev are labled as game not apps. But ill let you know after work how it goes.

Reactions: godreborn

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be in either in a .iso or .xiso image format, or if it's in folders then it's extracted. The latter are made to be read from hdd's, on a modded original Xbox. So if you have those they might not appear or work correctly (i'm not saying tgat they will anyway..).
What do you mean by "showed a lot of cds" ?
Xbox images don't come in .bin /.cue format if that's what you mean.

Reactions: godreborn

Man_Of_Stripes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
print screen the folder contents.
xboximage.png

Its weird because when I separate them in retroarch through manual scanning just for iso files the iso files now lined up showing the name of the games however none of them work when I use microsoft - MSX (fmsx) set as the core. I dont see any other xbox cores in retroarch.

The xbox games in the folders, some have the default.xbe file.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would've just gotten gold. The 360 games remain tied to your account even if you cancel, so free games. Also, final fantasy 13, like in your image, is enhanced with 4k on the series x. I bought the whole collection. I beat the first one on the 360 many years ago, never played the other two.

Reactions: Deckard5621

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.