Hacking new to the DS flash card stuff...

Halomonkey135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I'm fairly new to whole flash card scene(I've read some reviews of flash cards and stuff but that's all I've really done) and was wondering(after reading reviews of the R4, SuperCard DS one V3, CycloDS Evolution, and the DS Top Toy) whether i should buy the R4(for games) and the DSTT(for homebrew) together or one of the other two.

and the reason i'm asking is because i cant find the CycloDS in stock for a reasonable price and i can get the R4 and DSTT for under $20 vs. the $25 for the SuperCard.

So which card(or cards) should i buy?

also this is my first post on GBAtemp so please let me know if this should be asked somewhere else,etc.

poipo32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
Don't buy an R4 it's outdated, the R4 team was dissolved, so the cart does not get any updates anymore.
If you buy a DSTT you might get a fake which could stop working.
CycloDS is by far the best cart, but if you can't afford it you could go with an EDGE, EZ Flash V+/i, or Acekard 2.1.

These carts are also much better and are worth the little extra, but if you really don't want to spend money buy a DSTT and hope for a real one.

By the way the DSTT is worst card I had for Homebrew and the only cart I haven't tried is the cycloDS.

Hope I helped you.

El Blacksheep

Trophies
Website
tryorke.no-ip.info
XP
Country
United States
The Cyclo may be pricey but that's because it's the best. And while most people will say the Acekard is it's only contender, M3 Real users like myself beg to differ. The card has come a long way and now boasts nearly everything the Cyclo does. A $50-60 bundle gets you a M3 Real + GBA/RAM Expansion + Rumble Pack. With the latest firmware, you have arguably the best menu in Sakura, outstanding homebrew compatibility with TouchPod, all the cheat / action replay options you could ask for, slow motion settings, soft reset (exit a game and you're back in the card's menu), real time save (aka save states), save file history (revert your save file to a previous one in case you screw something up), integrated media player, and NDS / GBA link support. It really has just about everything you could want. And if GBA games don't interest you at all (they should, because a handful of them are just plain awesome), you can ditch the bundle and get the card by itself for around $40.

Halomonkey135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of getting a M3 Real except the website i'm going to be ordering from doesn't have them(www.jandaman.com) so i have to choose between the Cyclo, the SuperCard One, and a EZ Flash Lite IV and i think i'm just going to pay the extra $15 to buy the cyclo instead of the supercard because everyone who i've talked to has said its the best.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Halomonkey135 said:
I was thinking of getting a M3 Real except the website i'm going to be ordering from doesn't have them(www.jandaman.com) so i have to choose between the Cyclo, the SuperCard One, and a EZ Flash Lite IV and i think i'm just going to pay the extra $15 to buy the cyclo instead of the supercard because everyone who i've talked to has said its the best.

Yeah definitely go with the Cyclo over the Supercard. Good choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: