mrryanthai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to Gateway 3DS.

I just got a Gateway from modchipwarehouse.com.

I downloaded the latest beta,put the launcher on the SD card and put it in the system and booted it up.I can get to the screen with all the options but it says I don't have the gateway card inside.I tried both the blue and the red and still nothing.Do I have a broken flashcart?Soimetimes the screen doesn't even come up,it will either be scrambled and freeze or go black and and kick me out of the browser

Last edited by mrryanthai,

mrryanthai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply.Old 3DS XL version 9.2.0-20U

edit:I just got to the screen and maybe it was about to boot up,but it kicked me out of the browser again.I've been doing this for a couple of hours now and it doesn't seem to work. I'm getting frustrated because it's late and I just got my card yesterday.I've waited almost 2 weeks.

Last edited by mrryanthai,

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply.Old 3DS XL version 9.2.0-20U

edit:I just got to the screen and maybe it was about to boot up,but it kicked me out of the browser again.I've been doing this for a couple of hours now and it doesn't seem to work. I'm getting frustrated because it's late and I just got my card yesterday.I've waited almost 2 weeks.
Did you put the Files on the Red Card

blax722

Trophies
XP
Country
No files needed, only the Launcher.dat on the SDcard that goes directly to the 3DS (not to the red GW card)
It seems weird that it says it dont have the red one inside.
Did you formated emunand? If no, get into the GW menu (hold L when starting GW to get into the menu) and press format emunand - files on your SD card will be deleted! You will have to copy the HBL and so again after this step.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you are using the browser you don't need the blue card files at all. Launcher.dat goes on the SD card inside your console. .3ds files (games) go in the microSD in your Gateway cart. Format both of them as Fat32 before you put anything on them just to be safe (exFat can play havoc).

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, Launcher.Dat is on SD Card, The files that were in the BlueCard folder goes into a fat32 Micro SD card, And the .3ds Roms go into another micro SD Card in the Red Card

mrryanthai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is hbl?
No files needed, only the Launcher.dat on the SDcard that goes directly to the 3DS (not to the red GW card)
It seems weird that it says it dont have the red one inside.
Did you formated emunand? If no, get into the GW menu (hold L when starting GW to get into the menu) and press format emunand - files on your SD card will be deleted! You will have to copy the HBL and so again after this step.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it says no gateway 3ds card found :/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I get the Deep Librynth and it says an error has occured...wtF?
Deep Labyrinth = the blue cart. You need the red cart.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

2ylqsnq.jpg

Reactions: kiwiis and daxtsu

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOu didn't list what files you put in the red card, you didn't list what steps you took.

My only suggestion to you is download the user guide on gateways website. Pretty straight forward.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
YOu didn't list what files you put in the red card, you didn't list what steps you took.

My only suggestion to you is download the user guide on gateways website. Pretty straight forward.
It shouldn't matter what files are on the red cart, it will work with a blank microSD (just will have an empty Select games list).

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quantum,

When asking a tech question, it should have all the details of what was done. It helps to narrow down a solution.

mrryanthai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've watched videos and read guides and it seems that I have a faulty cart.

I've only put the launcher.dat into my SD card and nothing in the MicroSD.I boot up the ds and go to browser.Enter http://go.gateway-3ds.com and I get the Gateway menu,sometimes it will just kick me out.I've backed up my NAND then put it on my desktop.Boot up Gateway again and it says no Gateway is found.

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your don't need any file on the red card. You did everything fine but your GW card isn't making proper contact or its faulty. I was having issues but pushing it in the right way made it work and I just don't take it out anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn