Hacking New to AKAIO. Question about saves.

BPM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this question will seem a bit newbish, but I couldn't find any info in the Wiki, or if this question was already answered...

One thing I liked about my CycloDS was the ability to have save files kept in a seperate directory from the ROMs. I'm a bit of a file organization freak, so I like keeping them seperate like that. Is there a way to do so with AKAIO? It's great that it has the ability to have multiple saves for one game (now all of my split personalities have something to play!), but it'd also be great if I could have it read from the SAVES folder my game saves are already in. I didn't see anything in the system options about this, but thought it might be possible to alter with the INI file.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
No, games and their saves all have to go in the same directory. But you can change the settings to only display .nds files, so you wont even see any save files.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BPM, another thing you will find different from your experience with the CycloDS is that the AK doesn't update the SAV file's modified date/time. This has forced me to backup all my SAVs instead of using my automated scripts to backup modified files. I'm also unsure if the SAV files are cached (similar to how the CycloDS caches GBA SAVs). I suspect this because of the lastsave.ini file. I've got a PM to Normatt on his AKAIO forums to double check this. It could affect people that use external utilities like Pokesav and AnimalMap.

BPM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
No, games and their saves all have to go in the same directory. But you can change the settings to only display .nds files, so you wont even see any save files.
Well, that's all well and good for AKAIO's side of things, but I like to keep them seperate when viewing my card on my PC as well. Ah, well.

Thanks for the info, guys.

BPM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rascal said:
BPM, another thing you will find different from your experience with the CycloDS is that the AK doesn't update the SAV file's modified date/time. This has forced me to backup all my SAVs instead of using my automated scripts to backup modified files. I'm also unsure if the SAV files are cached (similar to how the CycloDS caches GBA SAVs). I suspect this because of the lastsave.ini file. I've got a PM to Normatt on his AKAIO forums to double check this. It could affect people that use external utilities like Pokesav and AnimalMap.
I'm not sure what all that meant, but I decided to give a test on AC:WW after using a save modified by Acekard. Animal Map said it had a bad checksum. But after I played the same file with CycloDS, it worked just fine again. How interesting...

Helix00

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShatteredScreens said:
I used a save editor with some saves from AKAIO, worked fine.

Were you able to get them to work with animal map? because currently as far as I know it is impossible, I use my old G6 as a bridge to edit save files.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not got an AC:WW save editor. Find me a nice one, and I'll test it.

So far I've used Pokemon (Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum) and Final Fantasy III save editors. My old R4 saves I swapped over to my Acekard and new saves I created with AKAIO are all working.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I'll test them with saves from AKAIO, my R4, and no$. I'll post results tomorrow hopfully, as it is 10:30pm, with school in the morning!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong