Homebrew New to 3DS Hacking. Need help installing a ROM Hack

solacoen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a hacked 3DS, so I didn't actually hack it myself, therefore I have like, no knowledge whatsoever. I'm trying to download a patch for Fire Emblem: Fates, but I can't seem to understand how. I have NTR CFW installed, but I don't really know how to actually do anything. Can anyone help me with detailed explanations & step-by-steps? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff.

I'm using Birthright, and I want to install the Expanded Same-Sex Marriage patch.

Last edited by solacoen,

solacoen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What hack are you trying to install? And for which version of Fates, Birthright, Conquest, or the Special Edition?

I'm using Birthright, and I want to install the Expanded Same-Sex Marriage patch. (It won't let me post links, probably since I just made this account.)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Birthright, and I want to install the Expanded Same-Sex Marriage patch. (It won't let me post links, probably since I just made this account.)
1. Download the hack and extract the zip.
2. Go to the Gay Fates v0.6.0/Gay_Fates/v_0.6.0/NTR_CFW_Version/USA_Birthright folder.
3. Move the Birthright folder and the plugin folder to the root of your SD card, or read the README.txt in the folder for instructions.
4. Insert your SD card back into your system.
5. Start BootNTR Selector (non-Mode 3 version) and select either on of the 3.x options.
6. Start your game. You should see a green flash on the Nintendo 3DS loading screen meaning you successfully loaded the hack.

It's recommended to start a new save file for the hack.

solacoen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Download the hack and extract the zip.
2. Go to the Gay Fates v0.6.0/Gay_Fates/v_0.6.0/NTR_CFW_Version/USA_Birthright folder.
3. Move the Birthright folder and the plugin folder to the root of your SD card, or read the README.txt in the folder for instructions.
4. Insert your SD card back into your system.
5. Start BootNTR Selector (non-Mode 3 version) and select either on of the 3.x options.
6. Start your game. You should see a green flash on the Nintendo 3DS loading screen meaning you successfully loaded the hack.

It's recommended to start a new save file for the hack.

Thank you so much! It worked perfectly.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...