New themed 3DS XL's releasing in Japan

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
They all look like ass.
Appropriate, since they look like children's underwear pants.
gallery_262855_65_18475.jpg

The prosecution rests, your honor.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so let me get this straight. MH3G is all black. That would have been all fine and dandy with me if it were normal edition. I would have liked something more, like a (some big ass) emblem as seen in the non-XL 3DS's Fire Emblem bundle. But I suppose it is at least an improvement cos the non-XL 3DS MH3G bundle came in either Cosmo Black and Flame Red, both of which are regular colours :\

I don't even want to say anything about the other two. Brb gonna bleach my eyes

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Darn why can't they be as awesome as the non-XL Fire Emblem one? At least the all-black MH3G looks decent though I would have thought that colour scheme should have been released as a basic one since day 1 :\

The other 2 is not doing it for me at all. The only thing they did was burn my corneas. At least the emblems on the Kingdom Hearts DDD edition were of the same colour so it didn't feel so bad. If this goes on, I dread to see more limited edition bundles in the future.

PS: DAMMIT Y U NO RELEASE AWESOME (read: not designed like children's underwear as some may put it) PLvsAA OR AA5 YET?

Bluetank

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Animal Crossing one is white? Damn it, the only games that I could think of putting out a Green 3DS XL was Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 2. Now I have to hope Luigi's (possible) bundle will put that color out.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The black and NSMB2 systems look good to me.
But I don't much care for the Animal Crossing one, it should've looked more like the grass texture from the games.
bg1.png
bg1.png
bg1.png
bg1.png

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
It's usually a shame that early adopters get limited consoles wafted under the nostrils 6 months after buying (see the ocarina 3DS for details).

In this case though I suspect existing 3DSXL owners are feeling quite smug they don't own an underpants console

Reactions: Subtle Demise

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's usually a shame that early adopters get limited consoles wafted under the nostrils 6 months after buying (see the ocarina 3DS for details).

In this case though I suspect existing 3DSXL owners are feeling quite smug they don't own an underpants console
Isn't America stuck with just two choices of 3DS XL right now?
Japan has already gotten Red, Blue, White, Pikachu, Black, NSMB2 and Animal Crossing 3DS XL systems.
I don't think they got the Silver 3DS XL though.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
According to Wikipedia, they are not supposed to have blue but I have checked sites that import Japanese stuff and it seems they have all of em.
And there's the MH3G one which I presume to be all black.

Oh and let's not forget the Pink x White one. Also a Japanese exclusive.

D

Deleted_171835

Holy shit, that Animal Crossing 3DS XL looks really awesome! I wish we would get that here. ):

The black 3DS XL is also pretty nice.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Isn't America stuck with just two choices of 3DS XL right now?
Japan has already gotten Red, Blue, White, Pikachu, Black, NSMB2 and Animal Crossing 3DS XL systems.
I don't think they got the Silver 3DS XL though.
Japan has every single color.

They had Red, White and Silver at launch.

Recently they added Pink, Pikachu (PC exclusive) and Blue.

And in November comes the limited ones.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
grr, dam nintendo and their BS! I knew they would come out with new themed 3ds xl's only problem is this is japan only, so i doubt this will come out overseas, plus there is a reason why nintendo put region locks on their console, you can't even use them even if you imported them from japan.

a much easier option is to get a vinyl skin and choose whatever theme you want that is what i am going to do with my 3ds xl, i have the blue one atm, going to get a skin from decalgirl soon.

Nintendo are giving people a big middle finger to overseas by releasing a complete black 3ds xl console with monster hunter tri, that is drip feeding at it's finest! they could have easily released the full black 3ds xl at launch but they know they will make even more money by releasing it later with a game they know will sell like hotcakes.

that is always the case with nintendo it's always good to wait but you got to have a lot of patience for new colours to come out because nintendo can take a while to bring them out.

i will be super mad if a neat zelda 3ds xl comes out (check out that majoras mask fanmade 3ds xl) if they announce a new zelda for the 3ds, we all know it's going to happen, no worries because like i said it's cheaper to just go for the vinyl skin option and call it a day because you have to worry about the 5 activations too so it's not easy to keep switching when new colours come out, dam you again nintendo! they don't make it easy at all.

Um... nobody's talking about how MH3G and Animal Crossing are getting digital releases (albeit, pre-installed)?

welcome to the digital age! I hope people use their 5 activations wisely because once they are gone so will your retail games too, man you gotta love nintendo.

can you imagine the drama caused by the wii u if the same system is implanted on that system? nintendo really need to sort out the eshop before the wii u launches or they will be an outcry, not even steam handles digital content this bad.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work