Hacking New Theme for EZ-Flash Omega!

trifalger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can however set Game Gear games to gg border: none under Display and run them in 16:9 using the full GBA screen which rocks for games like Aleste, Sonic, Shinobi, etc. No stretching or anything.

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, perhaps someone can answer this question (apologies if it's been answered already, I didn't see any mentions in the README)

Does this CFW support rumble on the EZ Flash Omega DE for the GBA and GBC games that support it? I'm particularly interested in GBC because 1) there are way more rumble-supported games for it and 2) It looks like rather than Goomba color, jagoomba 0.4a was used which I don't know if it supports rumble. If it does, maybe jagoomba would have better compatibility with Perfect Dark? That would be a dream.

I'm having a blast especially with Pokemon Pinball GBC and GBA but am reluctant to change the firmware since it's working so well right now. Thanks!

Edit: just saw this post. Seems that with this patch rumble was added to at least GBA games?

Last edited by jdsteel7,

ron2797k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Sterophonick I'm working on a new theme based using your simple theme as a starting point (along with some graphical inspiration from @Nona_Elexis's theme here.

I want to explore changing the fonts, but I'm not sure how to go about generating a compatible font file. Could you offer any information about how you created a C file from the custom font you used in your theme? Did you use Usenti?

used a different font in their theme and happened to include the original character map as a png, so I was able to decipher the layout and grid size. I can't figure out the correct settings thought to make a C file with the same format as what's in the EZFlash kernel. If you can help I'd appreciate it!
I hope I don't bother you friend but your theme is amazing, someday do you plan to release it so that other users can use it?

Reactions: timdmackey

EvilJagaGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really need to make a thread specifically for Jagoomba but I'm still struggling to find time to work on it and a way to debug it. EDIT: Here it is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-jagoomba-thread.611325/
Hello, perhaps someone can answer this question (apologies if it's been answered already, I didn't see any mentions in the README)

Does this CFW support rumble on the EZ Flash Omega DE for the GBA and GBC games that support it? I'm particularly interested in GBC because 1) there are way more rumble-supported games for it and 2) It looks like rather than Goomba color, jagoomba 0.4a was used which I don't know if it supports rumble. If it does, maybe jagoomba would have better compatibility with Perfect Dark? That would be a dream.

I'm having a blast especially with Pokemon Pinball GBC and GBA but am reluctant to change the firmware since it's working so well right now. Thanks!

Edit: just saw this post. Seems that with this patch rumble was added to at least GBA games?
I believe Jagoomba supports GBC rumble, I don't have a DE to test with but people have told me it works.

Any chance of updating Simple with the newest version of Goomba? Goomba was recently updated. https://github.com/EvilJagaGenius/jagoombacolor
Stero can do whatever, but I'd like to try and get some more games working before pushing a new release.

Last edited by EvilJagaGenius,

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really need to make a thread specifically for Jagoomba but I'm still struggling to find time to work on it and a way to debug it. EDIT: Here it is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-jagoomba-thread.611325/

I believe Jagoomba supports GBC rumble, I don't have a DE to test with but people have told me it works.

Stero can do whatever, but I'd like to try and get some more games working before pushing a new release.
Great thank you I'll be happy to test that out in the next day or 2!

Reactions: husky3g

Luis_91

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! i had a problem.. my savedatas doesn,t work.. since i updated with this kernel, i am not able to load my savedata. Games and savedata have the same name, i dont understad.. can you help me? (sorry about my english, i,m spanish)

Last edited by Luis_91,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi! i had a problem.. my savedatas doesn,t work.. since i updated with this kernel, i am not able to load my savedata. Games and savedata have the same name, i dont understad.. can you help me? (sorry about my english, i,m spanish)
With this custom kernel, save games are located inside the system folder. Move your save folder into there.

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to try this out, but there's conflicting info about what to name the EZ Kernel:

Github says:

• Rename the new kernel file to ezkernel.bin
The README says:
4. Rename the new kernel file to ezkernelnew.bin

Which is it?

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, after playing around with this a bit, gotta say I love it! Many thanks Sterophonick.
One quick question, and I might have just totally missed it. Is there an option to make the default boot "Boot with add-ons" so that you don't have to press down every time after selecting your GBA game? If there isn't one, is that within the realm of possibility to add that?

Reactions: timdmackey

pedrocaseiro95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

After the release I'll gladly test the games I've been having problems with!

timdmackey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope I don't bother you friend but your theme is amazing, someday do you plan to release it so that other users can use it?
Thanks! My intention is to make it available for other people, it might be a while before that happens though. I’m working on this in my free time so it just depends on how much time I can make for it.

Lobod

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
After flasing newest build to my EFO my SYSTEM directory got wiped 2 or 3 times.
Wiped was entire content of that directory with all save files, imgs and cheats.

GoooRooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear @Sterophonick

A quick question for theme enhancement.

I'm using folder-based ROMs categories on my Omega DE. Everything is perfect, but when I'm trying to pick the ROM from the history (last 10), long file path + file name combined together looks unreadable.
Is it possible to separate file path and file name while drawing (e.g make 2 lines of text instead of one)?
This will dramatically improve UX :)

Thank you!

StickMan64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if its possible to save the settings made to the goomba color emulator? I'd like to remove the SGB borders and maybe standardize the color palette, but none of my options save on exiting the game.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if its possible to save the settings made to the goomba color emulator? I'd like to remove the SGB borders and maybe standardize the color palette, but none of my options save on exiting the game.
That was a highly requested feature on by default by the community the SGB Borders

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh