New SuperCard DS(ONE) Info and Photos! *Update*

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I'm also gonna wait until the GBAtemp reviews are in until I decide...

It's either this or the M3 slot-1 solution
biggrin.gif

vegetano1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll be waiting for the GBA Temp review before I buy. I do know if the card is having problems now that the supercard team will get it sorted. With the supercard and M3 you know they'll always come good with the firmware updates. Unlike team ninja, instead of updating the firmware they seem to come out with a new card instead
laugh.gif

Thx !

I never owned any card and after reading lots of reviews i can use some experiened advice!

I quess i be waiting for GBATemp reviews too!

smile.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unlike team ninja, instead of updating the firmware they seem to come out with a new card instead
laugh.gif
That's not really fair on the team. The new MicroNinja is just a physical re-design. The firmware can be applied to all variations of the NinjaDS - "Sticky", U-Shape, Micro etc...
smile.gif
They're not forcing you to upgrade or pick a particular card.

DKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So why is everyone jumping into the slot-1 wagon?
I cant see any advantages that compensate for the lack of GBA support
wacko.gif
gba.gif

SLOT-2 solutions dont stick out anymore and the compatibility is better. You have to patch the games anyway if you want restart real time save trim and such, so who cares if SLOT-1 can run games unpatched...
bleh
hate2.gif

krdvmus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So why is everyone jumping into the slot-1 wagon?
I cant see any advantages that compensate for the lack of GBA supportÂ
wacko.gif
Â
gba.gif

SLOT-2 solutions dont stick out anymore and the compatibility is better. You have to patch the games anyway if you want restart real time save trim and such, so who cares if SLOT-1 can run games unpatched...
bleh
hate2.gif

I believe slot-1 tools will have better battery life, enable download play, and no need to update ultimately.

You know, DS tools should have been a type of using slot-1 from their beginings, and now they finally got to find the way to adopt it.

I've quite satisfied with my m3 sd since I got it, and it's time to purchase one of slot-1 sloution announced recently.
grog.gif

Kliviwiki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Why has everyone suddenly stopped talking about DS-Xtreme? When it first came out it was all everyone talked about, but it seems to be forgotten now. Also, how do you connect The SuperCard DS to the PC? Like DS-Xtreme?

I had almost made my mind up about getting DS-Xtreme so I could possibly get the EZ Flash IV and use DSX as a passme, because EZ4 had removable media. Now that Supercard DS features removable media, I'm not so sure what I'll buy anymore (again...).

chrishk15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude, no one cares about he DSX extreme because everyone see's how much of a rip off it is. If some other company can do what they did with atleast a gig of memory, it'll eat DSX extreme ass..hehe...extreme ass

Kliviwiki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
How much does DSX costs in US?

In my country there's almost no price difference between flashkits, they are all rip-offs. Also, if you try to import them they will be almost as expensive as the ones bought here (a little cheaper, indeed), but I'm not so sure if they'll arrive in one piece. Insecurity...
unsure.gif

chrishk15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSX is 130 American...god just typing that makes me want to lube up...because it sounds like someones getting fucked. Serious dude, when will people see, 512MB=130$ isn't an proper equation.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
If the incoming slot-1 solutions perform as well (compatibility, ease of use) as the DS-X without any kind of client software for trasferring the ROMs, then yes, you all DS-X detractors will be right and the equation is unbalanced. Until then, the DS-X is the reference and deserves the money. And by the way, people is not talking that much about the DS-X because they're playing with it.

chrishk15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing with it?...you must be foreign...in american we call it crying...or buyers remorse..and rkenshin is correct...it is a wasted head start..but i'm glad real companies are coming to the rescue for all the people that saw through the smoke and mirrors and decided to wait for a fair priced product. For 130 bucks i'd expect atleast a gig of memory. Congradulations to everyone that saw DSX and said pass...and i'm sorry for everyone who didn't. REALLY...REALLY 130 dollars...for 512MB...wtf, I saw a 1GB SD card at staples today for 20 dollars. For shame DSX...for shame.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I took a look at the DS-X and passed on it due to that pricetag as well. I ended up purchasing a DS-Link...which is actually an excellent card. Not like I don't have a half a dozen slot2 solutions right now
smile.gif
But, I can interface the slot1 and slot2 devices and run Opera at least...

msoft

Trophies
XP
Country
dude, no one cares about he DSX extreme because everyone see's how much of a rip off it is. If some other company can do what they did with atleast a gig of memory, it'll eat DSX extreme ass..hehe...extreme ass

Here are the list of SLOT1 card wich are now out or will be really soon

M3 DS Simple/Simply - price like M3 Lite maybe cheaper
Media Gamer - price !?
DSLinker build in 1GB (8Gb) memory - price about 50-60 USD
R4 - price ?!
Supercard DS - price 40-50 USD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: