Hacking New Super Mario Bros Trouble

Sheldon392

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ripped my copy of NSMBW to my external hard drive. Whenever I try to load it I just get a black screen. I'm running 4.3U and have installed IOS53 v5406 with WiiMod. I can't find any other information on what to do now. Help?

Sheldon392

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using USB loader gx, I've looked at that article before but i was hoping there was a way to fix it aside from patching the actual game

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using USB loader gx, I've looked at that article before but i was hoping there was a way to fix it aside from patching the actual game

Well it does say

"For USB-Loader Users:
-Try the newest NeoGamma, USBLoader GX, CFG-Loader or WiiFlow, which all should be able to run the clean game."

It would be very strange if you were running a version too old for it, given how long this game has been running fine but when's the last time you updated your loader?

I've never had any problem running the game, on Wii or WiiU, and yes, I ripped it myself, so I know it's not patched. I use CFG though, not GX. Not that it should make a difference.

Sheldon392

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using USB Loader GX version 3.0, I hacked my wii in July of 2013.

I looked on the credits page of USB Loader GX and i found this in the corner "Rev1215 IOS250 (Rev 65535)" if it means anything

I also tried doing the update in GX and it said no update was available

Sheldon392

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also hacked a wii last week and my friend is having the same problem with NSMBW

EDIT: in the top right corner of his wii in credits it says "Rev1215 IOS248 (Rev 21006) (d2x v6 base 56)
Since i knew for the most part of what i was doing this time, i did things a little differently on his wii i guess, still doesn't boot the game though

Sheldon392

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested out cfg and the game still does not boot. The first time i tried to launch it, cfg froze at its "loading game" screen. I tried it again and it launches the game but still gives me just a black screen. I tried a different wii game and it launches just fine.

Sorry for all the posts, I'm just trying to get as much info out as possible

Sheldon392

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I went into WiiMod. It tells me that I have cIOS 247, 248, and 250 installed (idk what bases i used, that was a long time ago and i had no clue what i was doing). IOS249 is a stub. I tried launching it on all four of those IOSs and i still get the same black screen problem.

As for when i ripped it, I ripped it right from GX when i first hacked my wii. I would rip it again but my disk drive is shot (don't leave your wii in a backpack), so ill have to use my friends wii if I want to rip it again :/ idk when ill see him next.

For now should i try using d2x to reinstall 247, 248, and 250 and then try launching the game with those? If so I believe I'm supposed to do base 57 in 247, base 56 in 248, and I'm not sure for 250.

strai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sheldon392

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i just replace the boot.dol file in USBLoaderGX folder in SD/apps with the one i downloaded? And what do i do with the other file?

Sheldon392

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i did it and the stupid thing still won't load, tried all four IOSs. Should i reinstall 247, 248, and 250? if so what bases do i use for each? 56 for 248 and 57 for 247 i believe, correct?

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use modmii it will answer all your questions and grab the proper iOS for you, after you use modmii and install the correct iOS if it is still not working correctly you have a bad rip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...