3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This project is in infancy at time of posting, it may have evolved further.

New Super Mario Bros - The Lost Levels!
This is yet another remake of the original levels in Super Mario Bros. on the DS version. But why is this better? We're using the Sound & Music Hack 1.4 as a base!

A personal note: I've worked with ROM Hacking before. Do not think that I am some n00b, because I know how hard it is to make a game. I made them before, this is the field of work I'm going in. I'm lucky to have the editor, because I'd just HEX edit it otherwise, which I attempted before, many times, crashing the game.

• New music
  • Revived Levels
  • Hidden star coins
  • Increased difficulty
  • Custom levels, even some from other Mario games!

If you want to support me, you can subscribe to my channel, which has a few songs that I wrote on there, too. It is updated with videos of levels (and I love to place beta material to the world)
http://www.youtube.com/user/NintendenOnline
You can also follow my official website here, which gets updates more often than this thread (excluding videos).

Knyaz Vladimir (NeonGaming in credits) - Pretty much everything
SKJmin - Everything else

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll let you know, but I have to fix everything to be playable. The first level is really messed up right now, and I want to fix everything.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm happy- I'm part-done World 1-1. 1 of the 2 star coins is in a hard place to find, but I took a screenshot of it. It may change location.
rolleyes.gif

This is easier than I thought, but I'm only using part of the program. And it took me a while to restore my lost levels, but I made a backup of Areas 1 and 3 before applying the audio patch, so it was a simple repair by moving the coins and pipes.

Another thing is that I'm organizing images in 3-columns- you need a 16-bit resolution of 1024x600 or higher to view all pictures at the same time.

111er.png
112nz.png
1130.png

EDIT2: Okay, this is pretty obvious of where I hid the first star coin. I'm moving it.
EDIT3: Thanks for all the support, guys- I really appreciate it. I fixed all tile errors that I found in the first level, so everything is glitch-free right now. So, yeah- I'll be working on World 1-2 now.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Since I am tired of making edits (and I want to bump this, too) I've decided to make this into a new post.

I've found a number of simple glitches in 1-1 and I want to fix them before continuing on 1-2. And if you want some more information... here's the official website. I've also released my SDAT Extractor too.

EDIT: Okay, this is really messed up. Turns out that the ROM I'm looking at for making the game is... Russian. Yep, a very rare Russian ROM of SMB. How did I get it? I dunno, I had it for a while. But... I'm making a gameplay video of it, too... MAYBE.

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Sorry, but I think this will gonna be a fail...

Just because you will put some new "songs" in the hack, this don't have to be better than the ones from gridatttack or jeggbert-versions...! The music is not the importantst thingy imo!

However, it's not an offence, give your best...
(but I got a lot of messages on MSN to help the guys out, the one has started this, the other one has started that, 95% have cancelled it, see JUL!)

I am the only one with a complete hack until now (DS, Mario)

You said in one thread, "SKJmin's flawed hack"...
Try it to make it better than mines
smile.gif

However, good luck!

@all
PS: One member here works on another hack, and I AM SURE.... this will blow your fu**ing mind!!! It's a secret! And don't PM me, I won't tell it!!

Edit:\ Your first pic is not correct, try to set your VIEW (NSMBe) higher^^

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SKJmin said:

Just because you will put some new "songs" in the hack, this don't have to be better than the ones from gridatttack or jeggbert-versions...! The music is not the importantst thingy imo!

(but I got a lot of messages on MSN to help the guys out, the one has started this, the other one has started that, 95% have cancelled it, see JUL!)

smile.gif

However, good luck!

@all
PS: One member here works on another hack, and I AM SURE.... this will blow your fu**ing mind!!! It's a secret! And don't PM me, I won't tell it!!

Stop hijacking every Mario-related thread to try to promote your bullshit. It's not only annoying, but rude. If anyone cared, they would find your thread.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
SKJmin said:

smile.gif

However, good luck!

@all

Stop hijacking every Mario-related thread to try to promote your bullshit. It's not only annoying, but rude. If anyone cared, they would find your thread.
He hijacked and promoted his hack?
Could you kindly point out where this was for me?

I saw that he referenced it, but I didn't see a hijack nor a promotion.

demigod198

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
injected11 said:
SKJmin said:

smile.gif

However, good luck!

@all

He hijacked and promoted his hack?
Could you kindly point out where this was for me?

I saw that he referenced it, but I didn't see a hijack nor a promotion.
I don't see anything of the sort.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So declaring this a failure, bragging in someone else's thread, then calling that person out isn't dickish? Especially after he repeatedly lied to everyone that followed his own hack? Neato.

SKJmin

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
injected11 said:
So declaring this a failure, bragging in someone else's thread, then calling that person out isn't dickish? Especially after he repeatedly lied to everyone that followed his own hack? Neato.

I'm sure you are one of the guys who couldn't beat even the first world and got frustated
smile.gif

What exactly is your problem? I just said the truth
smile.gif

As 95%, this Hack will be chancelled... That is my opinion...

And I don't think I need any promotion for my Hack...

SKJ out...

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SKJmin said:
injected11 said:

I'm sure you are one of the guys who couldn't beat even the first world and got frustated
smile.gif

What exactly is your problem? I just said the truth
smile.gif

As 95%, this Hack will be chancelled... That is my opinion...

And I don't think I need any promotion for my Hack...

SKJ out...

Honestly, I was referring to 0.39a, which was too unstable (in difficulty), and that was fixed in version 1, so it's a good hack now. So, 95% of hacks get cancelled, some are cancelled but people still work on them in secrecy.

You people can't even let a guy sleep without a flamewar going on, right?

Last thing: Okay, world 1-2 is being annoying with views, and until I fix them, no gameplay video. It looks too much of a mess with the strange camera angles. Works fine if I make it smaller by 1 row, though, but it's too unbalanced then.

Shabang21

Trophies
XP
Country
^ Ignore the hate, there are people that have confidence that you'll come through and provide the community with an outstanding hack.

Just do us all a favour and don't openly lie to us, like some people ;]

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't lied once so far. I am trying to get everything to work fine for early December, as I said- I am fixing all the bugs in 1-2, as I said... once I get to a PC. I worked 4 hours yesterday. And it looks nothing like the real 1-2. XD

SKJmin

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Honestly, I was referring to 0.39a, which was too unstable (in difficulty), and that was fixed in version 1, so it's a good hack now. So, 95% of hacks get cancelled, some are cancelled but people still work on them in secrecy.

Last thing: Okay, world 1-2 is being annoying with views, and until I fix them, no gameplay video. It looks too much of a mess with the strange camera angles. Works fine if I make it smaller by 1 row, though, but it's too unbalanced then.

Hey man, it was really nothing against you or your hack
smile.gif

If it came like an offence to you I should give my apologiez!

I only tried to say that a lot of guys are starting these hacks and cancelling very fast, guys with a very high motivation-level (like me) will finish this hack as soon as possible...
This is not a thing who takes just 1 month^^

You will hang in there when you want a "perfect" hack... It took me exactly 3 months (almost every day 4-7 hours) to finish the main game. Another 3 months for JUST beta testing!
It sounds like a lie, but that's the truth^^ You'll realize that very fast...believe me!

Again, it was nothing against you, I hope you're going to finish this!
When you need some help of creating some tiles or whatever, you can PM me and I'll give you my MSN...

I'm not an asshole after all, as a lot here are thinking
biggrin.gif

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SKJmin said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:

Hey man, it was really nothing against you or your hack
smile.gif

If it came like an offence to you I should give my apologiez!

I only tried to say that a lot of guys are starting these hacks and cancelling very fast, guys with a very high motivation-level (like me) will finish this hack as soon as possible...
This is not a thing who takes just 1 month^^

You will hang in there when you want a "perfect" hack... It took me exactly 3 months (almost every day 4-7 hours) to finish the main game. Another 3 months for JUST beta testing!
It sounds like a lie, but that's the truth^^ You'll realize that very fast...believe me!

Again, it was nothing against you, I hope you're going to finish this!
When you need some help of creating some tiles or whatever, you can PM me and I'll give you my MSN...

I'm not an asshole after all, as a lot here are thinking
biggrin.gif

Well, then I take back what I said in the "Last Message".
rolleyes.gif

I know it's hard to get the perfect hack, I'm working hard on 1-2, which is giving me hard moments. It feels like I need cheats to test it out.

Actually, I don't have every day, but it's all right- I can get it finished by the end of 2011 if my motivation is high, like right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-