ROM Hack New super mario bros deluxe!

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, now I can play smb1 with updated graphics lol.

I've done some NSMB editing too, but I don't know how to add your own level parts. (I wanna add the wheel thing from NSMBWii that's in world 1-1.)

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Arp1 said:
Awesome, now I can play smb1 with updated graphics lol.

I've done some NSMB editing too, but I don't know how to add your own level parts. (I wanna add the wheel thing from NSMBWii that's in world 1-1.)

Well, is not possible to add one. That will require asm hacking, but not much is known for the ds.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
gridatttack said:
this?
capturejc.jpg

Yes! It looks right!

It looks wrong IMO... XD
It's off by 1/2 a block. Might not seem like much, but it will make a world of difference when jumping because it will either be a bit easier or much harder to land on.

@JC: If that's how you did it in your version, then I think I was right when I said:QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Nov 30 2009, 06:31 PM)
Oh and Just a tip/suggestion, I think the castle flags (at least in the first level) are too close to the jump off point
XD

It's not a big deal... but if you're going through all the trouble of recreating the game to be accurate to the original, it's almost a shame to have an oversight like that.

Edit: I'm sorry, I must sound ungrateful with the benign complaints, but I'M DOIN IT FOR YOU!!!! lol
I just want the projects (Both!!) to be perfect if possible.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
jceggbert5 said:
gridatttack said:
this?
capturejc.jpg

Yes! It looks right!

It looks wrong IMO... XD
It's off by 1/2 a block. Might not seem like much, but it will make a world of difference when jumping because it will either be a bit easier or much harder to land on.

@JC: If that's how you did it in your version, then I think I was right when I said:QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Nov 30 2009, 06:31 PM)
Oh and Just a tip/suggestion, I think the castle flags (at least in the first level) are too close to the jump off point
XD

It's not a big deal... but if you're going through all the trouble of recreating the game to be accurate to the original, it's almost a shame to have an oversight like that.

Edit: I'm sorry, I must sound ungrateful with the benign complaints, but I'M DOIN IT FOR YOU!!!! lol
I just want the projects (Both!!) to be perfect if possible.

Lol... You are a funny one... (that's good in my book
biggrin.gif
)

There is no way to get the flag part perfectly accurate to the NES specifications because the flag that goes on the pole if half of a block off... The suggestion that I made to GridAtttack was because it looked strange with the flag 8-Pixels away from the pole... It looks un-natural...

Because of the different physics engine, in my version, I made the staircase the same height of the NES one, one block higher than the NSMB standard, so when I made it the exact same distance from the staircase, it was an easy 1-up. I moved it one block to the right and it's hard to get a 1-up, but it's possible. Same goes for his version if he made everything to the exact specifications.

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Me too, I made the same height the staircase as the nes one. I was looking at that by moving the blocks right now. came to the same conclusion that by moving it one block right, it was hard getting a 1 up, but 2 blocks right... so i may be making the base 2 blocks instead of 1.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well... since you now need 1,000 Posts (WHAT THE FUCK?!?!) to have a sig...
I'm going to POST the logo I made that was going to be added to my now disappeared sig (No Grandfather Clause for people who registered before xx date?)

NewSuperMarioBrosDeluxe.png

@GridAttack: If you like it, feel free to use it in your sig.. OH WAIT! (Seriously, WTF?)

gridatttack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Hey that some nice logo twiztidsinz! Ilike it! Can I use it in the menu screen? thought if its going to be, its going to be HARD since the title screen has not a color for gold, im going to try using the yellow used in the NEW. Thanks!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gridatttack said:
Hey that some nice logo twiztidsinz! Ilike it! Can I use it in the menu screen? thought if its going to be, its going to be HARD since the title screen has not a color for gold, im going to try using the yellow used in the NEW. Thanks!
There's actually two yellows used in the NEW logo...
One's the dark yellow that you mainly see... which I think would be good for the darker areas of the "Deluxe".
The other is a more pale yellow that is around the edge of the burst, before the white outline. Which would be good for the lighter part.

Glad you like it... feel free to use it any way you like.
I took the lettering from this:
http://themushroomkingdom.net/mania/images...prima_smbdx.jpg
I traced a path around the lettering, cut it out and into a new image, then cut the inside of the lettering.
Pasted it onto the NSMB logo, and scaled it down and angled it a bit.
I've still got the PSD of the unmerged layers (But not the unrotated/unscaled lettering DOH!!)

JackDeeEss

Trophies
XP
Country
If any of you guys want, I will help make levels. I was Going to Make Noob Super Mario Bros, (i might still) but if you will let me, i'll help.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Gridatttack: I just realized that there is an 8 pixel space that you are blocked from the block under the flagpole.

To make it work properly, try changing the left part of the block's behavior to "0A 00 00 08" And the right part to "05 00 00 08"

That should work for you...

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure you've already done it, but I'm just wondering if you've adjusted the camera on level 1-2 to not jump up and down along with your char, but to have the camera fixed on only left and right movement.
The video shows the irritant camera movement following your jumps. (i do understand the videos aren't up to date)

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The inclusion of the challenge coins looks like a huge bonus reason to play this excellent-looking hack.

I was wondering - maybe there could be a Mario Bros. Expanded version of this hack, that makes the levels of the original game have the same basic layout with a much expanded world and layers with the new engine? I love level designs, heh, and I'm think Mario 3. sized maps based on Mario Bros. with the New Super Mario Bros. engine...?

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Finally a completely hacked rom. How many times I play a smb
rolleyes.gif

I'm going on holiday tomorrow. An opportunity to beta test? Please
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since