Gaming New StreetPass Games For 3DS Earned $4 Million In A Month

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im starting to see a tread, and if you arent part of japan in the coming future or cant at least read japanese, you arent going to get the best stuff from Nintendo as time goes on. Seeing as street pass works the best in a heavily populated area where people are better accustomed to gaming.

well they are working on helping us out a little by using the nintendozone to make people leave a streetpass that someone else can go and pick up.
i'm just hoping that its not like: in every nintendozone, there is just one streetpass mii waiting, whoever comes by next gets that and leaves his own again for the next one. i hope it will be a little more than that

as for game releases and the like, in 20 years, theres maybe a handful of games that never saw a western release that i found to look interesting. people are much too quick to dub japan only releases the best games

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
No point whatsoever in me buying these since I've had the system since launch night here in the UK, I have Streetpass on all the time, I walk pretty much everywhere I go and I've still only had like, 60 hits. NOBODY in this city, or it seems any other I visit, carries their systems with them when they go out.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
i know that feel and ilive in innsbruck which is much, MUCH smaller in size anyway! but i got the games for my fiancee as we both have a 3ds so i can push her through with my mii (that sounds so right) and every now and then we meet a few people but they all dont have anything on their miis, no puzzle pieces no nothing. So we make due with the miis we get from the convetions we go to once a year...

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which is the most annoying thing about this, you would think people would say no to stuff like this but nope, they keep on buying, i guess it shows how brain dead people truly are :(

The games are fun dude, only brain dead people here are the ones judges without trying

Reactions: d0gma

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good stuff. I like the games, and living in NYC (and traveling back and forth to work on subway), I get at least 2 hits a day, but more like 5 on average. My kids make me take their 3DSs from time to time, so they get streetpasses (Yeah, I'm an old dude with 2 kids)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The games are fun dude, only brain dead people here are the ones judges without trying

These games are quite expensive for what they offer,
and are the kind of thing that should come for free.

I'm not gonna buy them and I'm sure many people won't too.
Mii games were cool for socializing, making these new games paid is just bad.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
These games are quite expensive for what they offer,
and are the kind of thing that should come for free.

I'm not gonna buy them and I'm sure many people won't too.
Mii games were cool for socializing, making these new games paid is just bad.
Nintendo wouldn't gain much by releasing these for free, and they're not really less "bang for buck" than most eShop titles.
There's also still development costs and stuff, no matter how small the game may seem. They also have more music (or at least Streetpass Squad does) than one might think.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo wouldn't gain much by releasing these for free, and they're not really less "bang for buck" than most eShop titles.
There's also still development costs and stuff, no matter how small the game may seem. They also have more music (or at least Streetpass Squad does) than one might think.

Nintendo wouldn't gain much as releasing them for free,
the same could be said about Capcom and their day-one DLCs.

The titles are way too simplistic,
with that money($15 for all) I can buy 2-3 great e-shop titles
or buy 3 NES VC titles(great titles like Megaman 1-6, Super C and Ninja Gaiden are avaiable for $5)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo wouldn't gain much as releasing them for free,
the same could be said about Capcom and their day-one DLCs.

The titles are way too simplistic,
with that money($15 for all) I can buy 2-3 great e-shop titles
or buy 3 NES VC titles(great titles like Megaman 1-6, Super C and Ninja Gaiden are avaiable for $5)
Way too simplistic? I'm not sure about Garden and I'm not a fan of Battle but Mansion and Squad are both pretty awesome games, with Squad having some replayability with the hidden diamonds, target scores and high score list. It can also be pretty hard, especially if you only have one character.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Way too simplistic? I'm not sure about Garden and I'm not a fan of Battle but Mansion and Squad are both pretty awesome games, with Squad having some replayability with the hidden diamonds, target scores and high score list.

Hi-scores exist for decades, it was pretty common in the arcade era and (by today standarts) these games are simplistic.
Having a secret here and there doesn't make it complex, a little bit less simplistic,
you can buy many e-shop games for that price and they're way more complex, not just mini-games that should be for free.

It can also be pretty hard, especially if you only have one character.

Just do not confuse simplicity with difficult.

zabikt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Way too simplistic? I'm not sure about Garden and I'm not a fan of Battle but Mansion and Squad are both pretty awesome games, with Squad having some replayability with the hidden diamonds, target scores and high score list. It can also be pretty hard, especially if you only have one character.

I agree. I am Master Gardener, but to complete this game (grow all 80 different plants) it will take months, if not years.
To conquer the World in Battle you need to build army abt. 230 000 soldiers. Ok, I am almost there, but I think that this will be only begining (like in Garden).

Generally, if you are counting on random StreetPass only, I am not recommending these games, if you are living in Europe. But if you have 2 (or more) friends with 3DSes and can have StreetPasses with them on daily basis, these games are highly recommended.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
No point whatsoever in me buying these since I've had the system since launch night here in the UK, I have Streetpass on all the time, I walk pretty much everywhere I go and I've still only had like, 60 hits. NOBODY in this city, or it seems any other I visit, carries their systems with them when they go out.
The streetpass relay will definitely solve your streetpass woes.

d0gma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I am Master Gardener, but to complete this game (grow all 80 different plants) it will take months, if not years.
To conquer the World in Battle you need to build army abt. 230 000 soldiers. Ok, I am almost there, but I think that this will be only begining (like in Garden).

Generally, if you are counting on random StreetPass only, I am not recommending these games, if you are living in Europe. But if you have 2 (or more) friends with 3DSes and can have StreetPasses with them on daily basis, these games are highly recommended.
I don't think it will take that long to complete Flower Town, I'm at 61 plants and have a new one growing right now. That doesn't take away from the fun (at least for me).

As for Warrior's Way, that game adjusts itself to the player. I have almost 4 times as many warriors as my wife, (about 1.5 mil) and my computer opponents have about the same. My wife has about 400K and so do her computer opponents.

d0gma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi-scores exist for decades, it was pretty common in the arcade era and (by today standarts) these games are simplistic.
Having a secret here and there doesn't make it complex, a little bit less simplistic,
you can buy many e-shop games for that price and they're way more complex, not just mini-games that should be for free.

Just do not confuse simplicity with difficult.
Just because a game looks like a cartoon doesn't make it simplistic. Have you played the games? If not, how can you judge how complex they are? From the summary the rabbit gives you? If you have played them, what was it about the games that were too simple for you? Have you beaten them all and achieved all the plaza tickets? Why not? They are just simple little games, right?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder where people here in the US with 3DSes live, as I can actually exceed 10 a day (if I remember to use the first 10 of course) if I were to actually go out. Malls, Gamestop, and busy parts of the city are obviously the best places to start.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just because a game looks like a cartoon doesn't make it simplistic.

1st) One question at a time boy, you don't need to make thoushands of questions.
2nd) Artstyle have nothing to do with being simplistic or not, I wonder where do you take these comparissons from,
first you talked about difficult, then you talked about art style, need I to define you what is the meaning of simple?

Have you played the games?

Yes

If not, how can you judge how complex they are? From the summary the rabbit gives you?
Two unnecessary questions
If you have played them, what was it about the games that were too simple for you?
Are you playing dumb or do you still don't see.
When I say they are simple I compare then with e-shop titles and retail titles,
do you still need an explanation why they are simple?
Have you beaten them all and achieved all the plaza tickets? Why not? They are just simple little games, right?

This argument is beyond stupid, Pacman is a simple game, have you beaten pacman yet?
Once again I need to say, simplicity has nothing to do with difficult or artstyle,
now you prove you clearly don't know the meaning of the word simple, shall I teach you?
Even then, have you considered that the games are recent and that you need to meet people with 3DSs to play the games?
How many people do you think are willing to take their 3DSs with them in a country like mine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to