Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
ShadowSoldier said:
Goli said:
ShadowSoldier said:
jan777 said:
Man, I wish paper mario 3D will be like Super paper Mario. or a mix.
laugh.gif

You can't honestly tell me that you thought THAT was a paper mario game, can you? Or basically even any good...

Anyways, Star Fox... well.. it doesn't look any better [from memory] from the N64 version.. so eh. Also, I could be wrong, but it looks like snaking isn't back for Mario Kart 3DS, which is a shame. That added real skill and everything to the game. Then the Wii version came out and just fucked everything up.

Paper Mario looks good, but I never seen any battling or anything. Also a bit of a shame that they couldn't do anything like that on the DS....

What exactly do you mean by that? There's a battle between 0:46 and 0:50 of the Paper Mario video.
unsure.gif

So there is, I have trouble with YouTube videos ever since I installed Kaspersky, so I only watched the first 30 seconds before I stopped it before Kaspersky would. But still, that doesn't show if it's turn based like Paper Mario 1 and 2 were. Paper Mario 3 ruined it when it was... I don't know what the hell it was, real time?

Snaking = skill? What!!!?!??!

Yeah. Being able to snake properly and actually go faster, and be able to do it around turns properly and everything, and keep up with others, it took a lot of skill, and added a new challenge to the game.
Well, it has a separate battle screen so I assume it's turn based. The screens released back at E3 suggested that too...

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yeah. Being able to snake properly and actually go faster, and be able to do it around turns properly and everything, and keep up with others, it took a lot of skill, and added a new challenge to the game.

Agreed. THAT is what made Mario kart DS intense. Sure, it totally ruined the potential for more than 90% of the karts, but it made the game fun nonetheless. Mario kart wii sucked.

Don't even mention Super Paper Mario to me. What a disappointment.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I dunno, I always felt like a cheap ass when playing Mario Kart DS with family members and snaking my way to victory. That said, a successful blue shell dodge without items was oh-so satisfying
smile.gif

Paper Mario looks like fantastic. If it's got all that badge galore from the original/thousand year door, it's bound to be great fun. The battle was really where it was at, with a nice twist to traditional RPG schemes. Oh, and partners... what happened with Super Paper Mario? Such a shoddy game...

Star Fox looks great. I actually didn't own the original on the N64, but had great fun with it on the VC. I do suck at the game though... not sure if I'll purchase it though, the gameplay doesn't look like it has changed too much, and in this case graphics aren't enough to pull me over.

Same can be said for OoT, but come on... it's Zelda! You can never have enough Zelda.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
MADKATZ99 said:
Mario kart looks boring as hell. Karting should be intense! If they're going to slow down the gameplay mechanics at least make the karts faster!! The other games look nice though.

You do know that mario kart games have a range from 50cc (slowest) to 150cc (fastest), right? The video may have been showing the speed in 50cc, and since it was only mario and luigi racing with barely any items used, that should be a huge indicator that the game is not done.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lylat wars seem pretty darn good
though i'm not really fond of the turn-based battle in paper mario..i still hope they don't mess it up with this "sticker" idea, it doesn't seem that bad

with mario kart, i have to agree, it looks boring and yes, it's because there are only 2 players there and those levels look casual, i mean why show the extreme side in such short time? i'm sure the game itself will be exciting, i just hope they don't screw it up again with overpowered items like in mario kart wii

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OoT graphics are WAY better than the way I remember them. They look awesome
biggrin.gif
Glad they (probably) reintroduced turn based battles in Paper Mario. In my opinion Super wasn't a bad game, but it didn't deserve the Paper Mario name.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
_Chaz_ said:
I'm happy that the Great Fairy's breasts finally rounded out.
Well there's that, but I found her just as disturbing as always. I think it was intentional. Which makes me happy, because it means the Happy Mask Salesman will keep his appearance.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arras said:
OoT graphics are WAY better than the way I remember them. They look awesome
biggrin.gif
Glad they (probably) reintroduced turn based battles in Paper Mario. In my opinion Super wasn't a bad game, but it didn't deserve the Paper Mario name.
They improved the models/graphics/resolution from the original. Link looks completely different (In a great way) on the 3DS.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
laugh.gif
i liked Super Paper Mario but it made me miss TTYD alot.

@awssk8er: well considering that the 3DS is about as graphically powerful as a ps2 or whatever (look at the RE screenies) its gonna look AWESOME.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually surprised. I mean, I'm not normally a graphics whore, but these things look great.

~_Chaz_

ryan90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
jan777 said:
laugh.gif
i liked Super Paper Mario but it made me miss TTYD alot.

@awssk8er: well considering that the 3DS is about as graphically powerful as a ps2 or whatever (look at the RE screenies) its gonna look AWESOME.

i've started playing the paper mario ttyd on my wii because i never got to check it out the first time around (thank you gamecube backup loader), and now i understand why people like it so much as my impressions were based on the wii version and tbh i don't like that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol our trash can decided to go flying and flipped on its side