New SNES After Market Fighting game, Unholy Night: The Darkness Hunter

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Sonic Angel Knight, May 27, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    91Dn3flNziL._AC_SL1500__1280x720.jpg

Here comes another after market game attempt, this time is a SNES fighting game developed by EX-SNK Playmore devs to sell for fighting game fans of the 1990s. This isn't really the first time this has been done as there been some games like Nightmare Busters, Pier Solar and the Great Architects for Genesis/Megadrive, and Battle Kid Fortress of Peril for NES. Anyway the game is a 2D fighting game featuring standard fighting game modes most modern games have at the time. Base on the description, it has the same standards of fighting games other Neo geo games had at the time. Release date is June 29 2017 and pre orders are available at sites like amazon in the us for $49.99.

:arrow:SOURCE

TheVinAnator, Sinon, DarthDub and 4 others like this.

2. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Woah, this is cool. A tad bit expensive though

3. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I hope they planned for it being a rare collector's item. I don't know anybody who still has a snes, and I only have the VC games myself.

4. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    I sfill have snes thank you very much!

DeoNaught likes this.
  5. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well to be honest, it would been safer to just release as a VC game or just stand alone game, but i guess people still like collecting stuff like this. Me personally, I wouldn't use buy it for $50 especially for the console it is for. $8 VC title would been enough for me. Even pier solar and the great architects was being sold for genesis/megadrive in 2011 for $60, but the idea was it was a Epic 64 bit game (8 Megabytes) cart that came with a Sega CD enhancement disc to give better quality music. Then make a HD game and sold it for $15 on PS3/PS4 Xbox360/Xbox one Wii U and steam. This was probably a better idea to do it this way than just a SNES cart. :)

If anyone hasn't played Pier solar yet, you might want to try it if you are a huge Classic JRPG fan of the 1990s.

Dionicio3 likes this.
  6. RoseyDreamy

RoseyDreamy TheKawaiiNeko

Mar 25, 2017
    England
    Yeah, I also have a PAL SNES.

Seems pretty awesome though that the SNES still gets some love even in this day and age ^^

duwen likes this.
  7. Byokugen

Byokugen Unit_01

May 16, 2016
    Serbia, Republic of
    Just a bit to the right, or was left...
    I love it. Love playing some vood games on it.

8. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    A Tekken/Dragon Ball in the same vein as this game would be cool to see. :) Commercially speaking, there would be no point to develop a game for the SNES CD-ROM console but we'd get to see what it'd be capable of.

Byokugen likes this.
  9. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Looks jerky....

Will wait for the rom....

Subtle Demise likes this.
  10. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    NES, SNES, sega cd, Saturn and dreamcast are all still getting games. Saturn and Dreamcast getting the most. Something like 300 games have been released on the Saturn since 2000

duwen likes this.
  11. Gizametalman

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    "The Quest for coffin is now begin"
    "Please play under adult inspect to protect"
    "Also, all your base are belong to us"
    "Deploy all Ziggy"

12. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Anyone that is a JRPG fan that has not played pier solar deserves to be shot its an amazing game.

13. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    Jeez you're slow with this - it's been out for well over a month in Japan, and it's unfortunately shit (check youtube).

Tomato Hentai and Futurdreamz like this.
  14. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Really? So all that effort to make a game for an obsolete platform was meaningless?

15. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well, is their choice. It would have just been more simple to release it on steam or any digital service. Or least if they was gonna make a retail copy to add more content. Is a fighting game with like 8 characters, Arcade, training, survival, and versus on a 4MB cart (32Megabit for the classic folk) Is not really much you could have done.

For some reason, both SNES and Genesis can play much larger games than 4MB (32meg) games. Star ocean and Tales of phantasia are 6MB (48 Meg) games for snes. Super street fighter 2 on genesis is 5MB (40megs) and Pier solar is also 8MB (64 Megs) Honestly both genesis and snes can play at least up to 8MB ROMS i believe. Why they would choose what they did is a bit concerning.

Still they would least been safer with $15 digital release with online mode and some extra features.... and better looking graphics. Though the artwork is nice though.

16. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    True. I almost bought the Super Famicom release for the packaging alone... but after seeing the gameplay I thought better of it - and I'm a big SNK/fighting game fan!

17. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Do i even need to ask about the box it was in? The manual had a more appropriate artwork for the box cover but they took the only 2 female characters and just went the typical way. :ninja:

18. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    Anyone with an avatar like yours cannot seriously take that moral stance.

It's disappointing, given the pedigree behind it... but there are quite a few other SNES/SFC physical releases on the horizon that look more promising. Retrobit are supposed to be releasing a Jaleco compilation cartridge, and there's that game that was only ever originally available on the Satelaview service (that I can't remember the name of) that's being released on cart soon too.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  19. Darkyose

Darkyose Mysterious

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Home Alone Somewhere.
    Eek, 50$... That is what I have saved.

20. stuart2773

stuart2773 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2002
    Great Britain