New SATA hard drive on my Jtag

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by moosh01, Mar 14, 2010.

Mar 14, 2010

New SATA hard drive on my Jtag by moosh01 at 10:04 PM (3,586 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. moosh01
    OP

Member moosh01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have got a new 500 Gig Sata HDD, and am using a Hard drive case from my 20 gig 360 drive, But how do I format it so my 360 will recognize it? This is on a Jtagged xbox. Any help will be appreciated.

EDIT: So I figured out that I need a 12v power supply as I am using a 3.5" drive. Where would be the best place to draw that from?

2. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I hear Jtag will recognize fat 32 from the sata drive. Not sure how to do it without the security sectors which will limit you to 250GB and retain xbox backwards compatablity. However, this is what I did to put a 250GB HDD in mine and it is recognized by both hacked and un-hacked 360's

3. moosh01
    OP

Member moosh01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks but that is not what I need. My drive is not a WD and since I have a Jtag I would like to use the full capacity. The problem is that it is not even seen when I plug it into my xbox, so I can't choose to format from the system settings.

EDIT: see first post

4. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Is this more like it?

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Assuming it is just a 12 V source that is necessary you have a few options. Personally I would look at slicing into the power box/cable as going on the underside of the board gets annoying and breaking into the encasing is equally fun..

Second option and one I am not too confident on (fans are one thing, drives another) is the old fan mods (I did one on mine the other day but most will just use fan speed flasher now) grab a 12 V source..

I dislike deep linking but a quick search netted the below PDF which has all manner of 360 headers and pinouts including what you need:
    http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/tutorial/Xbox_360-HandC-V1_4.pdf