New Review - R4 DS

Darkwhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all of you,

I am new to this board and I really appreciate reading all of you posts.

I will prensent myself before asking some questions.

First, I just got my DS for Christmas. So, I must say that I am really a newbie on all this. (DS or R4DS).

Before asking questions, I have taking the time 5-6 hours to read all the topics that I have fund about this. First, I begun with the superkey + supercard. For me, it was difficult to understand. You needed to many things to work it out + patched the game.

Now, I see that the R4DS is really interrresting for me. I have read the review on this board and I have find it very, very complete. Bravo to the writer. It was excellent.

Now with my questions. Like I said before, I havent fund the answer to this questions before. Sorry if it was already said but I didnt fund nothing.

1- I want to buy a Sandisk SDmicro card ultra. However, on amazon.com, I see that they got two versions.
a) Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Mobile MicroSD Card at 54$ US
b) SanDisk 1 GB Ultra II MicroSD Card (SDSDQU-1024-A10M, Retail Package) at 72.95$ US

What is the difference between the 2? What card do I need to get?

2- Is there a big difference between a normal Sandisk microcard and a ultra? Worth the difference?

3- Does the R4DS can play GBA roms? I dont think so but I to be sure.

4- My DS is new. Does using R4DS can end my warranty?

thanks a lot guys. I would really appreciate if someone could answer these questions.

Happy new year to all

DarkWhat

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
I can answer 3 and 4

R4 doesnt play GBA games, but i heard something that i can play them if under 32mb?
Some1 will have to confirm that

and it wont invalidate your warranty, dont worry
biggrin.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can answer 3 and 4

R4 doesnt play GBA games, but i heard something that i can play them if under 32mb?

biggrin.gif
R4DS absolutely won't play any GBA ROMs, same for any current slot-1 card. Because of the lower speed of slot-1, GBA support will most likely be nonexistant, unless an emulator is written, wich is also very unlikely. The 32Mbit thing is related to the M3 Lite, that dropped GBA support, but supposedly plays GBA ROMs that are 32Mbit or smaller. The same was said for the similar SuperCard Lite Rumble, but that one refuses to even display .gba files, let alone play them.

mr_blonde_88

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
I can answer 3 and 4

biggrin.gif

R4DS absolutely won't play any GBA ROMs, same for any current slot-1 card. Because of the lower speed of slot-1, GBA support will most likely be nonexistant, unless an emulator is written, wich is also very unlikely. The 32Mbit thing is related to the M3 Lite, that dropped GBA support, but supposedly plays GBA ROMs that are 32Mbit or smaller. The same was said for the similar SuperCard Lite Rumble, but that one refuses to even display .gba files, let alone play them.

ahhh ok, my bad
cheers for the correction

oblio211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, has anyone actually tested a 2GB microsd card yet? Thinking of buying a 2GB card but want to make sure she will work.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably gonna order one tomorrow now and retire my g6 to gba games , it looks so good
smile.gif
. Just one thing , it does support sleep mode right? , I'm guessing it does , but it aint mentioned anywhere so thought I'd check.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nobody know If I must take the microsd Mobile memory card or the ordinary one?

There shouldn't be a difference. Maybe the microSD mobile is better optimized for mobiles than the ordinary one. As the ordinary one would probably work on a mobile as well. Or the other card was marketed before they decided to include the 'mobile card' thing and is in reality the same card with different package.
On the package to the Sandisk microSD I bought, there was a 'mobile card' mark as well.

My guess would be that either one of those will work properly on your R4.

Darkwhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry iamwhoiam but my english is not very good and i am not sure to understand.

What must I take?

a) Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Mobile MicroSD Card

b) SanDisk 1 GB Ultra II MicroSD Card (SDSDQU-1024-A10M, Retail Package)

Just tell me A or B and I will understand it better.

Sorry about that. I try my best....

Darkwhat

mr_blonde_88

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Sorry iamwhoiam but my english is not very good and i am not sure to understand.

What must I take?

a) Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Mobile MicroSD Card

Just tell me A or B and I will understand it better.

Sorry about that. I try my best....

Darkwhat

A or B

darkzagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If i'm not mistaken it should be

but why not get a 1GB Kingston MicroSD card with lifetime warranty?

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i'm guessing they're both the same thing. maybe one of them is retail and the other is OEM...

BTW: IMHO too go for kingston.

qtrinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought mine today, hopefully will arrive by end of this week *fingers crossed*

Does anyone have an opinion on the A-Data 2GB Micro SD card? It's about $90USD locally, or I can get it on sale for $50USD from Newegg, based in California, seems quite reputable:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingRe...agesize=&Page=2

so, what you think of A-DATA? had 13 decent reviews as well (can be viewed in the same page as the link above)

thanks in advance, as this is the only 2GB card i can reasonably get without resorting to ebay.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a 1GB A-DATA coming soon from a shady yahoo shopping site. That's the thrill of bargains - who knows when I'm going to lose my debit account!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work