New Review - R4 DS

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought mine today, hopefully will arrive by end of this week *fingers crossed*

Does anyone have an opinion on the A-Data 2GB Micro SD card? It's about $90USD locally, or I can get it on sale for $50USD from Newegg, based in California, seems quite reputable:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingRe...agesize=&Page=2

so, what you think of A-DATA? had 13 decent reviews as well (can be viewed in the same page as the link above)

thanks in advance, as this is the only 2GB card i can reasonably get without resorting to ebay.

if you're going to spend $90 on a 2gb card mind as well opt for the sandisk ultra II. that way you're guarenteed 2gb+10mbps transfer speed. their access times are also damn spiffy.

qtrinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's $90 local, but i can get it for $50 from Newegg.com
as for transfer speeds, i'm not picky since i'd likely flash like 30 games and not transfer anything for a long while.

and regarding the shady yahoo shopping... aren't you at least cautious of all the counterfeit cards out there!??
ohmy.gif
pls be careful and check for authenticity.

PS, there are no 2GB micro sd Sandisk locally for me for some reason (toronto, canada)

Just bought mine today, hopefully will arrive by end of this week *fingers crossed*

Does anyone have an opinion on the A-Data 2GB Micro SD card?  It's about $90USD locally, or I can get it on sale for $50USD from Newegg, based in California, seems quite reputable:

so, what you think of A-DATA?  had 13 decent reviews as well (can be viewed in the same page as the link above)

thanks in advance, as this is the only 2GB card i can reasonably get without resorting to ebay.

if you're going to spend $90 on a 2gb card mind as well opt for the sandisk ultra II. that way you're guarenteed 2gb+10mbps transfer speed. their access times are also damn spiffy.

darkzagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys and gals,
I do have a question or two I hope you could explain in regards to R4.

1 ) How do I use the Pictochat with R4 running? Do I have to remove the R4 first?
2 ) Do I have to power ON/OFF to play different ROM games. (since this is the industry standard) OR is there a function whereby you can quit the game and select from the Memory card?

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
On the R4 website, with the previous firmware, it gave u for possible options, depending on the skin you want

Now firmware 1.5 is available, i can only find 1 skin
Im i being blind and missing them?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Well my R4 is in the UK!
biggrin.gif

Tracking status has changed to "Heathrow: Awaiting pick up by recipient as requested"

Better not mean me when they say "Recipient", I'm not going down the other end of the country!

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Surely not, must be DHL or whichever UK based company is going to take over from ChackerExpress. How would I even go about picking it up from Heathrow?

They can't even give people their luggage back right
laugh.gif

Anyway, destination still says my hometown (or nearest city rather) So I'm not worried. Hopefully it'll come tomorrow before I go to work and then I'll pick up a DS lite on the way in.

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the transfer speeds are not nearly as important as the random access time of the card. the adata super edition cards are susposed to have a .07ms access time. the 1gb super card i bought from newegg however had a 2.0ms access time and i experienced some slowdown as well as minor glitches. needless to say i sent it back for a refund. those over at maxconsole and homwbrewcast forums that did buy the adata 2gb microsd from newegg did confirm with hd tach test that it was the super edition. i would say go for it. 2gb with a fast access time for $50 is a good freakin deal. just run an hd tach test on it once it's delivered to confirm the access time of the card for that is what matters the most when it comes to performance. if not you can always send it back. newegg is the bomb when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Well, it's $90 local, but i can get it for $50 from Newegg.com
as for transfer speeds, i'm not picky since i'd likely flash like 30 games and not transfer anything for a long while.

and regarding the shady yahoo shopping... aren't you at least cautious of all the counterfeit cards out there!??Â
ohmy.gif
 pls be careful and check for authenticity.

PS, there are no 2GB micro sd Sandisk locally for me for some reason (toronto, canada)

Does anyone have an opinion on the A-Data 2GB Micro SD card? It's about $90USD locally, or I can get it on sale for $50USD from Newegg, based in California, seems quite reputable:

so, what you think of A-DATA? had 13 decent reviews as well (can be viewed in the same page as the link above)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Right, for ages all that was on my order tracking page was
QUOTE said:
Jan 04,2007 08:26 SHENZHEN-CHINA -Shipment arrived at facility
Jan 04,2007 12:10 SHENZHEN-CHINA - Shipment operation completedThen all of yesterday it said:
QUOTE said:
Jan 04,2007 08:26 SHENZHEN-CHINA -Shipment arrived at facility
Jan 04,2007 12:10 SHENZHEN-CHINA - Shipment operation completed
Jan 08,2007 17:39 Heathrow - Awaiting pick up by recipient as requestedToday, there's all kinds of stuff suddenly appearedQUOTE
Jan 04,2007 08:26 SHENZHEN-CHINA - Shipment arrived at facility
Jan 04,2007 12:10 SHENZHEN-CHINA - Shipment operation completed
Jan 05,2007 20:00 HONG KONG-HONG KONG - Shipment departed from facility
Jan 05,2007 23:45 HONG KONG-HONG KONG - Shipment departed from airport
Jan 06,2007 06:48 LONDON-HEATHROW-UNITED KINGDOM - Shipment arrived at airport
Jan 08,2007 17:39 Heathrow - Awaiting pick up by recipient as requested
Jan 09,2007 00:54 Hub 2 - Shipment arrived at facility
Wonder where this "Hub 2" is

unsure.gif

EDIT: It's here!
yaynds.gif
Nearly had a heart attack, thought the card wasn't in there but it was hiding in the free keyring thing
happy.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. Put I tore off the 5 different chinese, European and British packages it was in, opened it up, install disc, cool, free keyring, excellent, transflash usb deely and last but not least.... WTF?!

Was quite relieved when I realised I was an idiot
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

My chipboard looks a little different than the ones posted here. The main chip is covered in a resin of some sort. Maybe they upated the board design or something.

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
sorry if it has been asked before,
do I need any driver to use the USB reader?,

I bought 3 R4 and windows says it doesn´t recognize any of them, and the black chip gets really hot so I put it out quickly..

D

Deleted User

The reader/writer is not the greastest quality. You'd be better of buying an SD card reader/writer from a computer shop and using the adapter that came with the microSD instead. Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb