ROM Hack New retro mario bros?

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We haven't finished on it and work has been halted for awhile. 1-1 and 1-3 are completed, and here are the rest of the videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K-xF9za4aXs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6X2U46AwdiI

This was a collab project between me and Tanks, and we may just pick it back up now that it's being recognized.

So yeah, no patch yet, but if we finish World 1 we will let it out, at least that's what I anticipate.

Darig0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i hope so please finish world one i love the original mario levels this would be awesome try to get the patch as soon as possible :/

DanSS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's awesome. Never knew there was a project like this (nor did I even think of something like this). I hope you guys finish it, or at least World 1

-DanSS

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Seems you found our movies.
tongue.gif

So Sonic and I are going to start the thing back up soon. The editor is also on a halt, maybe I can coax Treeki enough to keep going with it. (Something about being unable to get some graphics to display)

Well now that the movies are out, I might as well say stuff about it
tongue.gif

1-1 was nearly done completely by hand. We were using the editor version 1.4 back then which was majorly limited. So we pretty much hexed in all the enemies by hand and moved the few tiles we could with the editor. We found the object modifiers during this level. At this time, pipe data wasn't found.

I went on vacation and completed 1-3 with an upgraded editor. I had to mess around with the ROM until I could find the moving platform data.

the rest of the time, both of us attempted 1-2... which is, too say... back on the drawing board...

After we gave up on 1-2 for a bit, we went back to 1-1 and cleaned up it's act by fixing the pipes and then went back to perfecting 1-3's moving platforms.

We realized we couldn't continue until we got 1-2 working, so we took one more shot at it... It still came out bad, but it seems to me, now that I thought about it, we should be able to get through it this time.

With more recent tools and findings, we should be able to get 1-4 off the ground once 1-2 is out of our way. With any luck, we should be able to have a nice complete world 1 done soon enough.

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
movingplatforms.png

hehe... the fruit of my past labors...

This is just a test, but I bet you guys know where this is in 1-2
tongue.gif

(Shut up I know it looks bad... HENCE, TEST!)

EDIT

QUOTE said:
Is it possible to stop the game from allowing left scrolling as you couldn't do that in the original..

No clue as of yet, but it seems possible. If it requires ASM, it most likely will not get done in the first release...

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how did you make the layers of level 1-1 in the middle disapear and also where do i download the smb eidtor and also i cant change enemies wat do i do

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do u mean did u use some code thing or wat to change the level?and also will the guy that made the app still work on it or wat?

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do u mean did u use some code thing or wat to change the level?and also will the guy that made the app still work on it or wat?

NO! I mean you need to type FULL WORDS. I refuse to help anyone unless they know proper English and not AOL. If you're from another country, I can understand, but looking at your country indicator, it pretty much says you're American.

I realize GBAtemp doesn't mind people who type like you, but I do. Please, for the sake of us, and the others around you, type correctly. "Do what is right. Serve Mankind." ~ Dr. Wallace Breen

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o.k. I'm sorry but could you please explain how to do it because I can't change enemies it just doesn't let me.

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o.k. I'm sorry but could you please explain how to do it because I can't change enemies it just doesn't let me.

That's better. Now, allow me to bring your attention to a bug in the editor. What you need to do, is move the enemies where you want them moved. Now, for every enemy, go back to each one and change them to another one, just for a moment. Then, when that is done, change them back. Now hit the good 'ol save button and you're set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup