ROM Hack New Retro Mario Bros.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
kdgun said:
but there is a bug in 1-2. You cant catch the star.This is a problem with the game. I have no control over it.

Demonbart said:
QUOTE(kdgun @ Jan 20 2010, 07:52 PM) And can you change the bgm in the next update??
+ Over 9000
That's a very good idea, I'd love to hear the classic music while playing this. But AFAIK music hacking (and making the actual music too) is not that easy. So I fully support the idea, but it's probably best to do this for the final version, and get the maps done first.
Music is a side project that is 0% complete...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
kdgun said:
but there is a bug in 1-2. You cant catch the star.
This is a problem with the game. I have no control over it.
I thought you had this working in an older version of the game...
IIRC, it was the one with the New Retro Mario Bros. logo ingame (the one that wouldn't load at all for me on the DSTT).
I'll go and grab some older versions of the patch and try them out and see weather or not I'm crazy... well, MORE crazy.

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
jceggbert5 said:
kdgun said:
but there is a bug in 1-2. You cant catch the star.
This is a problem with the game. I have no control over it.
I thought you had this working in an older version of the game...
IIRC, it was the one with the New Retro Mario Bros. logo ingame (the one that wouldn't load at all for me on the DSTT).
I'll go and grab some older versions of the patch and try them out and see weather or not I'm crazy... well, MORE crazy.
It was your imagination, it never worked. (I know because I have tried with every version I do)

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I have said about the demo patch just before your most recent uploaded one, The M3DSReal can no longer start up the game.
For the last two demos, for some reason, no M3 real firmware of any sort can load up the game.
I'm not sure if you know any way around this or if you're working on it. I'm simply waiting for an updated firmware (in which i doubt will be around for a long time)
otherwise, I won't be testing with my DS for a while now, it'll be my emulator =[
Good work so far btw
smile.gif

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Zeldamoron said:
As I have said about the demo patch just before your most recent uploaded one, The M3DSReal can no longer start up the game.
For the last two demos, for some reason, no M3 real firmware of any sort can load up the game.
I'm not sure if you know any way around this or if you're working on it. I'm simply waiting for an updated firmware (in which i doubt will be around for a long time)
otherwise, I won't be testing with my DS for a while now, it'll be my emulator =[
Good work so far btw
smile.gif
Correct me if I am wrong, but can't the M3 run YSMenu? If you download YSMenu, and run the TTExtract on it, then patch the YSMenu.nds with a M3 DLDI patch, I thought it could run...

I know for sure that the latest Demo 2.51 can run on YSMenu

D

Deleted_171835

jceggbert5 said:
Zeldamoron said:
Good work so far btw
smile.gif
Correct me if I am wrong, but can't the M3 run YSMenu? If you download YSMenu, and run the TTExtract on it, then patch the YSMenu.nds with a M3 DLDI patch, I thought it could run...

I know for sure that the latest Demo 2.51 can run on YSMenu
Isn't the M3Simply the one that can run YSMenu? He has an M3DSReal.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tilehacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
kdgun said:
And can you change the bgm in the next update??
+ Over 9000
That's a very good idea, I'd love to hear the classic music while playing this. But AFAIK music hacking (and making the actual music too) is not that easy. So I fully support the idea, but it's probably best to do this for the final version, and get the maps done first.
I can do music hacking, allready ported the SMB Theme, but I need to fix the tempo and change some instruments to make it sound good.

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Tilehacker said:
Demonbart said:
kdgun said:
+ Over 9000
I can do music hacking, allready ported the SMB Theme, but I need to fix the tempo and change some instruments to make it sound good.
Did you do SMAS SMB theme or NES SMB theme?

Tilehacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jceggbert5 said:
Tilehacker said:
Demonbart said:
kdgun said:
+ Over 9000
Did you do SMAS SMB theme or NES SMB theme?
The NES theme (It's much easyer to port) Without drums, I could'nt figure out how to make them work...
We should be able to release the next demo soon... As I said I'm fairly quick at makeing levels, so 1-2 can be done quick...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCaWVNcwCTI
A bit slow, but it "works"

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
We are working our way to the next release, and I am using a large bug in how NSMB loads levels to change the way 1-A loads...

Some more new graphics are underway as well...

2-3 is complete, 2-2 is almost complete (still reconstructing it's tileset), and I just started 2-4.

Slight modifications to the ? blocks and bricks, too... Still trying to figure out the best approach to making the ? blocks look good underground and overground.

That is all for now...

Tilehacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jceggbert5 said:
We are working our way to the next release, and I am using a large bug in how NSMB loads levels to change the way 1-A loads...

Some more new graphics are underway as well...

2-3 is complete, 2-2 is almost complete (still reconstructing it's tileset), and I just started 2-4.

Slight modifications to the ? blocks and bricks, too... Still trying to figure out the best approach to making the ? blocks look good underground and overground.

That is all for now...
You are redoing the underwater tileset?
Could'nt you have told me that?
(So that I don't have to edit the (To soon be finished) 2-2)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь