05_1.jpg

Source

Shichibukai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With Wi-Fi Connection cooperative play for up to three players with 50 multi-player dungeons available.

And if you doubt go and wait for the game to be out in public so you can test it

El Blacksheep

Trophies
Website
tryorke.no-ip.info
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to bet that multiplayer is local wireless, not WiFi.

Sorry, but a Ragnarok Online game that you play offline is no good. The grind is just plain terrible online, and the only thing that makes it tolerable is the community. Now if you have nobody to buy stuff from or sell stuff to, and no vend shops lining the streets, RO becomes just a massive world of BORING.

Ever played a private server by yourself? With nobody else on it? That was fun for about 12 minutes, wasn't it? Then you realized how lame it is being both the best and the worst player on the server at the same time and deleted it.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
El Blacksheep said:

Sorry, but a Ragnarok Online game that you play offline is no good. The grind is just plain terrible online, and the only thing that makes it tolerable is the community. Now if you have nobody to buy stuff from or sell stuff to, and no vend shops lining the streets, RO becomes just a massive world of BORING.

Ever played a private server by yourself? With nobody else on it? That was fun for about 12 minutes, wasn't it? Then you realized how lame it is being both the best and the worst player on the server at the same time and deleted it.
yeah, but ragnarok online is an mmorpg, so they have to work on mmo(community, trading, hack protection, online stuff) and rpg(quests and story)
but now it's just rpg, so they can focus all their efforts on making a good long storyline.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll never be as good as the computer version without a doubt. But, being an ex-ragnarok player. I'm going to try it out regardless. Good to know it wasn't a rumour/fake photoshop back then.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but why the hell are people looking forward to this again?

To me this'll be as good as a cheaply made Chinese game that this so closely resembles.

sdnoob

Trophies
Website
sdnoob.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
thedicemaster said:
El Blacksheep said:

yeah, but ragnarok online is an mmorpg, so they have to work on mmo(community, trading, hack protection, online stuff) and rpg(quests and story)
but now it's just rpg, so they can focus all their efforts on making a good long storyline.

but its ragnarok, how do you fit a good storyline in there? but i hope im wrong.

Ps: 50th post =)

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm definitely gonna play this game only if the skills, weapons, classes, etc are at least considerably similar to the actual game.
but what gets me is that you can only view a VERY small portion of the area at a time... hope there is a zoom in/out function..

creffca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this game have LoD?? I can't level without LoD......N>ME priest for party!! (If you don't know the drama pony please move along)

Seriously though, if this offline version has the same battle mechanics as it's big brother it'll be extremely boring.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sdnoob said:
thedicemaster said:
El Blacksheep said:

but its ragnarok, how do you fit a good storyline in there? but i hope im wrong.

Ps: 50th post =)
they even managed to make an anime out of ragnarok, so i'm sure they can make some storyline for an offline version.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I want is a sound test. The music is just good. Only reason I kept playing that MMO for so long.
I like the zoom in effect. I always felt like everything was tiny.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...