Hacking New R4 firmware? YSMenu? Or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I want to update my R4 firmware since the team is dead I have seen some custom firmwares. I want to know which one is the best. I heard some good stuff about YSMenu. Is YSmenu the whole thing in JAP or not. Should I update from 1.18 to YSmenu? Does YSmeny have more bugs then 1.18? Does it let you play more games that don't work on the 1.18 firmware. Is it user friendly? And are there any good videos that show me someone using the YSmenu so I could see how it works.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a video when a person is using the YSMenu on his DS. What about the new menu that someguy made that looks like a PSP is that better than YSMenu.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DSision doesn't load ROMs unless you already have a working version of YSMenu on your SD card. The same goes if you use Moonshell2 as your default menu system. These methods look pretty but cheats will not work unless you manually load YSMenu before loading a ROM.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also does DSsisions let you run commercial games or only homebrew? Sorry I can't edit when I press the Edit button or the Add Reply button my browser freezes so I have to sue Fash Reply.

EDIT: Got a new browser by the way!! I tried the DSisions its pretty lame. I want the PSP one is it out yet?

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
YSMenu is more stable and has better ROM and cheat compatibility than v1.18. The only real downside is that skins/themes are much simpler and harder to find. There are a few in the DSTT skins section of this site.

Here's a Youtube video about YSMenu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl8kP-HYZcA, and here's the associated GBATemp thread - http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103879
the skin thing for ysmenu+r4 isnt that bad. all you need are two pictures. mainly the background 1 and background 2 pics from a r4 theme. just use those instead of finding ysmenu specific themes

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use the old R4 OS instead of the YSmenu but it will still have the same Game Compatibilities?

Also when is Menudo coming out?

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use the old r4 firmware as default and you can load up a .nds file that loads ysmenu. so you can have the both of two worlds (did i say that right? lol)

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you're creating the ysmenu with the r4sauto, just pick it when it asks you how you want your ysmenu. you can have it as a firmware or a bootable .nds file.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should have kept the files kuz yasu does update the ysmenu once in awhile. all you need is the r4sauto.zip, ysmenu version by date and follow the instructions in that one ysmenu topic. seriously, its easy. the program asks you how you want your ysmenu and you just pick it out. you can do all this under 5 minutes

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Also does DSsisions let you run commercial games or only homebrew? Sorry I can't edit when I press the Edit button or the Add Reply button my browser freezes so I have to sue Fash Reply.

EDIT: Got a new browser by the way!! I tried the DSisions its pretty lame. I want the PSP one is it out yet?
No, menudo is not released yet, and it will only allow you to run homebrew, you will have to have YSMenu working for something like that. And DSision2 allows you to play commercial games as long as you have YSMenu, please search the forum for R4YSAuto and you will see there is a program that helps you make a YSMenu package for the R4, I suggest making it a separate NDS file instead of running it as firmware because not all R4 carts will load games with YSMenu as the normal firmware. But yes, you can play more games with YSmenu than the R4 menu. Also DSision2 is not lame, it's pretty awesome, it has a good theming engine and the coverflow for the iPod theme is ingenuious

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also can I just have the Ysmenu but keep the old skin so I could boot the games up with YSmenu loader with the old R4 OS? Or I have to make it a firmeware which will not let me go the regular OS or Nds which is the same thing as firmware exept I do go to the OS but I can not boot the games straight from the OS I need to run YSmenu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2