New PS3 and HDMI Cable?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Aeladya, Sep 18, 2011.

Sep 18, 2011

New PS3 and HDMI Cable? by Aeladya at 6:34 AM (582 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Aeladya
    OP

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    I recently have been considering getting a PS3 as my Wii usually collects dust. I don't have an HDTV so I have a few questions. I'm assuming that the PS3 will work on a regular TV, but I heard the new $250 models require an HDMI cable to watch Blu Rays. Does that mean I won't be able to watch Blu Rays without an HDTV?

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    im not sure why you would buy blu-ray movies if you dont even have an hdtv considering blu-rays are typically more pricy then dvd's
    and to answer your question, yes thats what it means, the reason is to enable copy protection since HDMI cannot be decrypted and recorded

3. Aeladya
    OP

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States

I like having options available and my family typically buys blu rays now compared to DVD's as they have some blu ray players. Would it be possible to get a converter to make it work?

4. Slashinggames

Newcomer Slashinggames Newbie

United States
    you could get a lcd monitor and get a hdmi to vga converter. http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SKPM_e...p;q=hdmi+to+vga
    just have to enable the audio to pump out the normal composite cables.