ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I don't really know how IVs work... How and when do they increase stats?

Well, look it up. Google it. Here's a page that has info on the subject: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/IVs

Also, IVs don't increase stats unless they themselves are increased with the code, and it's not IVs that increase stats by themselves, there are EVs, too. Just like for IVs, if you don't know what EVs are, Google it if you want more info.

Reactions: Skeet1983

akin09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now, I really nervous on applying powersaves codes. (Thanks a lot DAtel!) at first they respond to mail stating that my 3ds wont read my cart. and the obvious answer is a copy paste info. they do it all the time. I ask them if how can I fix it.. no reply. oh well. I just bought pokemon Y (I hear rumors that bricking usually happens on X). some say that dont apply codes when the servers are busy(orange). Even though its working.

Pounou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So if you look US pokemon X and Y and Y EUR you will see 799 codes. And for EUR pokemon X there is 800 codes. I dont find whats this new code

Mimi Hideyoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im actual nervous now about applying any codes to my X cart (Max Affection,Egg Hatch,Max Items only)

Is it only the IV codes that are doing this?

IV codes are the most likely to corrupt save data, although they SAY that they fixed this with the new update. Applying too many of the other codes at once can corrupt, though, so its hard to pinpoint where it`s coming from. As for bricking, I imagine thats not a matter of what code you use, but when and how you use it.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IV codes are the most likely to corrupt save data, although they SAY that they fixed this with the new update. Applying too many of the other codes at once can corrupt, though, so its hard to pinpoint where it`s coming from. As for bricking, I imagine thats not a matter of what code you use, but when and how you use it.

Let's say something stupid like applying IVs to a slot that is void of Pokemon?

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you look US pokemon X and Y and Y EUR you will see 799 codes. And for EUR pokemon X there is 800 codes. I dont find whats this new code
'
Allow me to answer your question, my friend: you can change the Pokemon you caught into a Cherish Ball with the European X now. That's the 800th code.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I took a look a couple weeks ago and compared X EU and Y EU, there was some Master Ball code only for X EU.

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, Natures box 1 slot 1 is on Pokemon Y, but empty :/
But pokemon X has no nature folder, and thats the one that says 800 codes ?

Pounou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you look on the official website you can see the numbers of listed codes when you click on the game you want

KenoDB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I agree with you, I think it is a matter of when, when it comes to bricking and has connection to servers rather than codes.. though the corruption part is because of the bad coding like the IV codes.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i don't think the bricking is down to any code....you could do anything at all to the save and the worst that "should" happen is a corrupt save, its more likely down to poor programming of the actual power saves program glitching and sending invalid commands to the 3DS card, causing corruption outside the normal saves regions.....which really shouldn't of been possible in the first place afaik.....but even if i wrote "im a idiot" all over the save it wouldn't brick the cart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just looked it up and yes you can use web cams on PCSX2 to play EyeToy games lol