ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
I might be wrong, but I don't think there's much of a chance of bricking your cart if you use the device sensibly. The instances I've seen are people trying to apply loads of codes at once, or making an egg shiny or whatever. I'd be interested to know what people have done to brick their carts, because I can't see it just being "I i just applied the 999x item code and it bricked"

Yeah,Im interested in whats caused the bricking too.Im only using mine now for Max Affection and Items-nothing else as I have Cyber Gadget

Reactions: KenoDB

KenoDB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Im guessing carts are still being bricked? Thats pretty lame:/
Yes and yes

I might be wrong, but I don't think there's much of a chance of bricking your cart if you use the device sensibly. The instances I've seen are people trying to apply loads of codes at once, or making an egg shiny or whatever. I'd be interested to know what people have done to brick their carts, because I can't see it just being "I i just applied the 999x item code and it bricked"
Not really, My game got bricked and I haven't load a code yet at the time, just by loading the servers and my game is working fine before loading the servers. The last code that I used at that time was the Vivillion code back when it was just added to the list, though my game was working just fine after I used the code. The bricking happened the following day when I loaded the Powersaves/server which is weird.

And also, Powersaves has a record of bricking games before because of their bad coding, but was fixed.. though still bricking games lol

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what's been causing the bricking of cartridges, lately? And is it still happening with Powersaves?

KenoDB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know what's been causing the bricking of cartridges, lately? And is it still happening with Powersaves?
It's really hard to tell how(and when it will happen?), coz not everyone who got bricked had the same situation. I am really curious on what caused mine though.. but the good thing is the bricking right now is much rarer compared to before.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really hard to tell how(and when it will happen?), coz not everyone who got bricked had the same situation. I am really curious on what caused mine though.. but the good thing is the bricking right now is much rarer compared to before.

I just used Powersaves myself, and apparently, bricking didn't happen. Codes? Oh, just the 31 IVs for Slot 1.

Stedus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really know I should be happy or mad atm...
I'm using Y version so I might be able to use the codes tmr or later today

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know I should be happy or mad atm...
I'm using Y version so I might be able to use the codes tmr or later today

Be patient, my friend; as AZN said, complaining about it on a forum isn't really gonna do much. If they don't come today, they'll be here within the course of time. Granted, I can't promise you they'll be here today or tomorrow...

Reactions: Stedus

Mimi Hideyoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
????? I got corrupted data when I tried the IV codes. I used it for slots 1-8, which I ENSURED had pokemon in them.....

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
????? I got corrupted data when I tried the IV codes. I used it for slots 1-8, which I ENSURED had pokemon in them.....

I'll see if the same happens to me, too.

Update: ...and it did. In which case, if you didn't backup your data, you're gonna have to say "bye-bye!" to it all. Press Up+B+X.

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't need to apply anything.
It successfully done a save -apparently-
I loaded the game and I wondered why my item I chose weren't there.
I chose again and again so I tested out if it had been saving properly.
Didn't save at all, stuck at the pokemon centre forever and couldn't move. Well I could but I'd end up in the same place.
Same thing it does now. I've been consulted that this is a form of semi-bricking?
It also freezes when I try and delete the data.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't need to apply anything.
It successfully done a save -apparently-
I loaded the game and I wondered why my item I chose weren't there.
I chose again and again so I tested out if it had been saving properly.
Didn't save at all, stuck at the pokemon centre forever and couldn't move. Well I could but I'd end up in the same place.
Same thing it does now. I've been consulted that this is a form of semi-bricking?
It also freezes when I try and delete the data.

Do you have an earlier save on Powersaves?

piplupwater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody recommend any USB cables I need to replace mine because the wire casing is starting to split and may short soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is PM:TTYD
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think I played that one
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (i.e. Nintendos' next first party switch title/remake)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meh, I want metroid 4
    I have a refurbished hard drive like 8TBs just use it for movies and music so if it blows up nothing I can't replace lol
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I mean almost every first party switch title of the past year or two leaked at least a week in advance for a while now haven't they?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not all of them, but yea many.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Metroid prime 4 I wouldn't be surprised if that title will be a SwitchU title (here's hoping Nintendo won't go with such a ridiculous name again)
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Hence me saying almost 🤣
    But for photos and OS and my ROMs not risking it on a refurbished drive lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you checked both the brew and 2u sites?
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    But yes I would welcome MP4 too or even 2+3 remaster/HD to hold us over untill MP4
    +1
    Switch 2 Switched at birth
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I check brew almost daily (alongside tinfoil sorted on release date) for new games (and cry because of the amount of shovelware and hentai getting released), am unaware of the 2u site
    Super Switch
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    HUB
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    And the switch 3 Router
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (every one of those fitting after network-, and all play part in the OSI networking layer model)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Google switch nsp and you will see,it, that site
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Aww how cool that site is Nintendo switch to me :D
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (de-URLing the URL 🤣)
    Switch 2 U
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (or do we call them URIs now?)
  • Quincy @ Quincy: