ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm suspending the use of it too, at least to see how things go on. I have one game which was the first I bought back in October and I'm only using it to backup saves so I can work with the TSV hatching method, but is waaay too risky. Not worth the chance of losing over 900 hours of gameplay and the cart itself. I'm better purchasing a digital copy to read data from eggs.

Also, when I'm offline and I plug my Pokemon X in, I just can't make a backup of it. It enters an endless loop of "No hardware found"/"Insert your game cart"/shows the main screen/and repeat. All of this happen pretty fast. And when I'm online, this can happen at random times when downloading codes or when they're already downloaded, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I've checked all connections, I've changed USB ports (which all of them work flawlessly with every single USB device I have) and tried three different USB cables. This is a dangerous issue, since in middle reading/writing, it reboots like I said above out of nowhere, and you can get a fancy piece of plastic with no use. In the last two pages we saw cases like this. So, it seems there are several bricking methods, not only related to the save file being badly modified in Datel servers.

Reactions: leowalle

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm suspending the use of it too, at least to see how things go on. I have one game which was the first I bought back in October and I'm only using it to backup saves so I can work with the TSV hatching method, but is waaay too risky. Not worth the chance of losing over 900 hours of gameplay and the cart itself. I'm better purchasing a digital copy to read data from eggs.

Also, when I'm offline and I plug my Pokemon X in, I just can't make a backup of it. It enters an endless loop of "No hardware found"/"Insert your game cart"/shows the main screen/and repeat. All of this happen pretty fast. And when I'm online, this can happen at random times when downloading codes or when they're already downloaded, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I've checked all connections, I've changed USB ports (which all of them work flawlessly with every single USB device I have) and tried three different USB cables. This is a dangerous issue, since in middle reading/writing, it reboots like I said above out of nowhere, and you can get a fancy piece of plastic with no use. In the last two pages we saw cases like this. So, it seems there are several bricking methods, not only related to the save file being badly modified in Datel servers.
Your problem with X is a well known problem that has an easy fix. Use some alcohol on the contacts of the cart (apply it with a Q-Tip and don't dunk the cart like some did). The reason why it goes into those loops is due to an issue with poor electrical contact between the cart and the dongle. The alcohol has water in it (varies by preparation) which improves the contact. The alcohol in the solution promotes rapid drying. You can read the old locked thread to find out all of the discussion that surrounded this and how it fixed that problem.

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your problem with X is a well known problem that has an easy fix. Use some alcohol on the contacts of the cart (apply it with a Q-Tip and don't dunk the cart like some did). The reason why it goes into those loops is due to an issue with poor electrical contact between the cart and the dongle. The alcohol has water in it (varies by preparation) which improves the contact. The alcohol in the solution promotes rapid drying. You can read the old locked thread to find out all of the discussion that surrounded this and how it fixed that problem.

I've tried alcohol too, online seems to work but offline keeps doing the same issue. It has happened to other games as well, but not as hard and frequent as it happens with the X cart.

Haven't tried saliva.

But the main issue is the bricks, hopefully the proper guys at Datel will have at least some acknowledge on what causes it and if they can fix it.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried alcohol too, online seems to work but offline keeps doing the same issue. It has happened to other games as well, but not as hard and frequent as it happens with the X cart.

Haven't tried saliva.

But the main issue is the bricks, hopefully the proper guys at Datel will have at least some acknowledge on what causes it and if they can fix it.
Actually, all of the NAND based games require you to be online for them to be detected. Powersaves will not recognize them offline like it will the rest of the library. That was something else that we found out in the old thread.

Reactions: Inochi.no.Zenmai

leowalle

I am awesome so is Black Kyurem so yeah.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question, cuz Im curious, not asking for a TUTORIAL, but how did ScrisM inject Hoopa and Volcanion? Did he use that header signing exploit on Powersaves?

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question, cuz Im curious, not asking for a TUTORIAL, but how did ScrisM inject Hoopa and Volcanion? Did he use that header signing exploit on Powersaves?
From my understanding, they used PKHeX to edit a decrypted save. They applied the Powersaves header to it and then sent it through. Before, Datel was not checking for valid AES MAC sigs (which as you know but new guys may not) we cannot reproduce. It ran the file through their farm and sent it back with a correct AES MAC sig. They have since fixed this issue. It now checks for valid sigs prior to running it through their farm to get a valid sig.

leowalle

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding, they used PKHeX to edit a decrypted save. They applied the Powersaves header to it and then sent it through. Before, Datel was not checking for valid AES MAC sigs (which as you know but new guys may not) we cannot reproduce. It ran the file through their farm and sent it back with a correct AES MAC sig. They have since fixed this issue. It now checks for valid sigs prior to running it through their farm to get a valid sig.

Ok, thanks! So i missed ANOTHER chance to get unreleased content :glare: (Powersaves before codes were removed, Cheat Engine trick.)

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks! So i missed ANOTHER chance to get unreleased content :glare: (Powersaves before codes were removed, Cheat Engine trick.)

Actually pretty much everybody missed out on that one. Supposedly, it was plugged in a matter of minutes after it was posted on the IRC on Project Pokemon which makes me think that they were already suspecting something was up due to the rapid response. I highly doubt that they have somebody posted to look at that IRC 24 hours a day. If they did have somebody doing that and all other major sites, the cheat engine bypass wouldn't have lasted near as long as it did.

leowalle

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually pretty much everybody missed out on that one. Supposedly, it was plugged in a matter of minutes after it was posted on the IRC on Project Pokemon which makes me think that they were already suspecting something was up due to the rapid response. I highly doubt that they have somebody posted to look at that IRC 24 hours a day. If they did have somebody doing that and all other major sites, the cheat engine bypass wouldn't have lasted near as long as it did.

Well, that make me feel better :) Just gonna wait for the realse/powersaves code.

dsdavis6

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, that make me feel better :) Just gonna wait for the realse/powersaves code.

Patiently and silently I hope. Surprised there isn't a complete Pokedex code yet, has anybody completed it after using the charms code? Would that not cause issues like the TM one supposedly does if you haven't got all of the ones from the story side of the game?

leowalle

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patiently and silently I hope. Surprised there isn't a complete Pokedex code yet, has anybody completed it after using the charms code? Would that not cause issues like the TM one supposedly does if you haven't got all of the ones from the story side of the game?

I think the reason for the complete pokedex code not bring on Powersaves is becuase they dont want us to have Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcaniom in our dex. But, on the other hand..... they could just make it where it only adds the entrys for the 718 pokemon available legitimately.

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the reason for the complete pokedex code not bring on Powersaves is becuase they dont want us to have Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcaniom in our dex. But, on the other hand..... they could just make it where it only adds the entrys for the 718 pokemon available legitimately.
Yeah but they may have other Pokémon that we haven't discovered yet, if that was on the dex their scheme would be ruined but would be awesome for us.

leowalle

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but they may have other Pokémon that we haven't discovered yet, if that was on the dex their scheme would be ruined but would be awesome for us.

Yeah, your right. But, that WOULD be kinda teasing. We would have all the awesome unrealesed stuff in our dex but we cant acually use the pokemon. that would kinda suck. but at least we can expect Latiosite and AZ's Floette sometime tommorow. Or sometime soon this week.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, your right. But, that WOULD be kinda teasing. We would have all the awesome unrealesed stuff in our dex but we cant acually use the pokemon. that would kinda suck. but at least we can expect Latiosite and AZ's Floette sometime tommorow. Or sometime soon this week.
You really cannot expect anything. Just because they added one stone back does not signal that they have any intentions of adding the rest anytime soon. The only thing that it does show beyond a shadow of a doubt is that they have no qualm about releasing edits for the unreleased content.

Keep your expectations low. That way, you are not disappointed if they don't come but are pleasent,y surprised if they do.

Reactions: thagrouch and K1RO

leowalle

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really cannot expect anything. Just because they added one stone back does not signal that they have any intentions of adding the rest anytime soon. The only thing that it does show beyond a shadow of a doubt is that they have no qualm about releasing edits for the unreleased content.

Keep your expectations low. That way, you are not disappointed if they don't come but are pleasent,y surprised if they do.

Well, this is about the time of the week that we start getting new codes. And I think Datel was trying to tell us that they have plans for adding the unreleased back when they re-added the Latiasite.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is about the time of the week that we start getting new codes. And I think Datel was trying to tell us that they have plans for adding the unreleased back when they re-added the Latiasite.
If you read my post carefully, I say that. However, it does not signal that they have any intentions of doing it rapidly. If anything, it signals a slow rollout process since they only added one code.

www164

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised they haven't added the PC Gyarados event yet, or Arash's shiny mamoswine. Didn't they add the phantom force darkrai 3 days after it released?

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised they haven't added the PC Gyarados event yet, or Arash's shiny mamoswine. Didn't they add the phantom force darkrai 3 days after it released?
They did release the Darkrai quickly, but they have yet to release the entire Celebrate Series yet. They may not have access to raw code for the wonder card. They may just be holding it back for a rainy day. The only people who know for certain is Datel unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases