ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

dsdavis6

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, let me ask you a question: "Why didn't Datel anticipate that the IV/Nature codes were going to cause an overload on the servers?" I mean, IV codes would be used over and over on different Pokemon, you know. It doesn't help that many people wanted those codes for a long time. You can't honestly look me in the face and say, "Datel didn't anticipate that." plus, they've removed codes without reason.
I don't know the thought process they went through. I just find it a little farfetch'd that it would be the one that you are suggesting. To upload a nature folder just before pulling the IV codes just to toy with people? Even if we don't see these codes again in any shape or form, I just don't buy that.

Reactions: hiten

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the thought process they went through. I just find it a little farfetch'd that it would be the one that you are suggesting. To upload a nature folder just before pulling the IV codes just to toy with people? Even if we don't see these codes again in any shape or form, I just don't buy that.

That's not what I'm suggesting entirely. Let me put it this way: how many people have been begging for IV/Nature codes from Powersaves again? Plenty. I'm not saying they'd just toy with us like that, I'm just saying they should have anticipated this. After all, who knows how many people approx. have a Powersaves?

Stedus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope they allow slot 1~6 IVs and Nature modification rather than only slot 1
It might help them to reduce server stress, cuz users can modify 6 pokemons at a time

Reactions: hiten

dsdavis6

Trophies
XP
Country
That's not what I'm suggesting entirely. Let me put it this way: how many people have been begging for IV/Nature codes from Powersaves again? Plenty. I'm not saying they'd just toy with us like that, I'm just saying they should have anticipated this. After all, who knows how many people approx. have a Powersaves?
Oh I totally agree, they should have seen it coming. I think they will just look at another way of doing it though, as has been suggested, allow for multiple edits at one time, whether thats with multiple slot edits, a new UI or just to allow us to hex edit.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I totally agree, they should have seen it coming. I think they will just look at another way of doing it though, as has been suggested, allow for multiple edits at one time, whether thats with multiple slot edits, a new UI or just to allow us to hex edit.

Allow me to clear myself further: when I said they'd not allow us that freedom, I meant I have my doubts they'd start anytime soon because it's been months, and we've had no way to edit codes, add them, etc. We could use them, and save files, but that's about it. Granted, it's useful, but it still would be nice to have the freedom. However, we probably won't see an update like that for a long time.

Stedus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Allow me to clear myself further: when I said they'd not allow us that freedom, I meant I have my doubts they'd start anytime soon because it's been months, and we've had no way to edit codes, add them, etc. We could use them, and save files, but that's about it. Granted, it's useful, but it still would be nice to have the freedom. However, we probably won't see an update like that for a long time.
agree
I don't think they will go as far as allowing you to Hex edit your own save file. But providing constant updates of useful codes might be a better deal for them......their staffs need to work as well :D rather than just resigning edited save file :D
Also they might need to add another clone code like.... clone slot 1 box 1 pokemon to the whole box 1
Since I did lots of giveaway, it takes around 2~3 times applying code to have a full box (using the current cloning codes)
Allowing multiple pokemons edition could be another solution for them to reduce traffic

dsdavis6

Trophies
XP
Country
Fair enough, I just think it's a little different now that Cyber is offering that service anyway. Anyway, time will tell.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, I just think it's a little different now that Cyber is offering that service anyway. Anyway, time will tell.

Yeah, Cyber Gadget is offering the services, but the problem is, and this has been said to death already, the device is not released internationally for some reason. So, only time will tell until either Cyber Gadget becomes an international product or until Datel allows addition and editing of codes.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Powersaves. You're showing off in the wrong thread bud.

Indeed. While it can do these nifty things Powersaves can't, this is neither the time or the place to show that here. There's even a link at the 1st page for Cyber Gadget related stuff.

TheWord21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people, keep CG posts out f this thread
it getting annoying

Tell me about it. Not to mention showing that off here is like saying, "Hey, look at what I can do with CG that you can't with Powersaves!" No offense to anyone who doesn't flaunt it around pretentiously. It's also irritating to people who don't have this device in international countries, and even those who do have it have to shell out more money for the Japanese 3DS and the Japanese version of X/Y because CG has to be region-locked, on top of paying for shipping.

So, long story short, you wanna talk about CG and show it off? Go here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/cyber-gadget-save-editor-now-supports-pokemon-x-y.369160/

As AZN says, do not post it here, please. Use this link here.http://gbatemp.net/threads/cyber-gadget-save-editor-now-supports-pokemon-x-y.369160/

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
dont get your knickers in a twist....its only natural people would compare features of the 2 options....i dont think its something to get angry about, it not like powersaves get get hundreds of updates and its hard to find these updates amonst the discussion about the differences between powersaves and CGSE

Stedus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
image.png

New info regarding IVs and Natures code
Also, new code that change your Pokemon into Kalos born will be added within this week

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, that site is like if a clickbait youtuber made a online store themselves +1