New Portal Layout!

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lucky there is the chance to set it to the classic one, i really don't like it all in one

----

wtf just noticed the "classic" one isn't the one that was there before -.- sucks bad now.
why do good things allways need to be changed -.-

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks good. If possible, all the subsections should load depending on user options (each person would have options in their user preferences), as opposed to clicking on one and waiting.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very handy, slick and beautiful. It also runs fast and has a good lay-out. Did you hire a professional designer or something. This is amazing. And the best thing is it's all optional, so the lonesome, melodramatic losers who want the old fashioned shit can easily choose the old look (sooo passe)

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
highfive.png

And I thought it couldn't get beter...

So, I guess War is going to be a major contributor to the Gaming News forum...

NDS_N00b

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fuc*ing AWESOME! The new Scene release layout is great and the new Gaming News are a excellent idea.
No wonder this is "The largest GBA + DS community on the web"
rolleyes.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
berlinka said:
Very handy, slick and beautiful. It also runs fast and has a good lay-out. Did you hire a professional designer or something. This is amazing. And the best thing is it's all optional, so the lonesome, melodramatic losers who want the old fashioned shit can easily choose the old look (sooo passe)
Well yeah shaun is that good
tongue.gif

Congrats to him.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Glad you all like it. It was a matter of team work. I came up with the original concept, features and mockup, shaun redid the look of it beautifully, it was debated and refined by the majority of the staff, then Costello, shaun and I refined the functionality further in a meeting, and finally Costello coded it up into what you see today (with some testing from myself).

One also can't forget JPH, who's the father of the General Gaming news section which will no doubt become a smash hit.

Cheers to everyone involved!
grog.gif

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm indifferent to the new design although it's a definite plus that VC, WiiWare and Wii are all now separate. Unfortunately the RSS feed doesn't seem to contain General Gaming News updates. Any chance we can fix that? I tend to use the RSS to know what's being announced, released, etc. on GBAtemp.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Looks better than I expected...gj you all.

hopefully in the future we'll be able to do it to the gbatemp/&scene news/homebrew/gaming boxes as well.

also, to clarify - the 'gaming news' box will be covering nds/wii only

D

Deleted User

Very nice work! I really like the look of the modern portal so far and I also think it's way more convenient. The General Gaming news section is a great addition too.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I usually don't like change , especially when everything is working just fine, but i must say that this is a great look and improvement.

I truly hope gbatemp never ever changes its mentality about things because for me this site as been a gold mine for years, and i want that to last.

Keep it up!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple