GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is nice
makes it a lot more tidier and easier to access
thanks costelly!
but how can i move the releases box so that its on top of the gbatemp scene news?

knilsilooc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
lucky there is the chance to set it to the classic one, i really don't like it all in one

----

wtf just noticed the "classic" one isn't the one that was there before -.- sucks bad now.
why do good things allways need to be changed -.-
Couldn't agree more, I liked it a lot better when I was able to just scroll down and quickly check releases, rather than clicking different tabs.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
this is nice
makes it a lot more tidier and easier to access
thanks costelly!
but how can i move the releases box so that its on top of the gbatemp scene news?
Just go into the new portal options section, and scroll to the bottom. You'll see it there. And if you're looking for a link, try the bottom of the announcement.
smile.gif

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
knilsilooc said:
Youkai said:
lucky there is the chance to set it to the classic one, i really don't like it all in one

----

wtf just noticed the "classic" one isn't the one that was there before -.- sucks bad now.
why do good things allways need to be changed -.-
Couldn't agree more, I liked it a lot better when I was able to just scroll down and quickly check releases, rather than clicking different tabs.
I'm afraid I have to agree. While I respect your effort for a new design I loved the old one.
I rather not have a tab for anything else but ds.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really nice changes. I like it alot. How about adding this tabbed thing for homebrew news, gaming news, gbatemp news, so dont have to scroll as far. So basically you just have two sections, scene releases and all its tabs, and a tab for news or at least make it an option

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really like this idea as I've always thought the page ran on a tad too long. Visually, I do enjoy simplistic looks although I don't feel that it blends in too well with the V3 theme. I was bored tonight so I took the bar into photoshop and churned out the below if you are interested or have any thoughts! All is a selected state and WiiWare is in a highlighted state. Still needs a few changes as some of the icons seem a little low but you get the idea.
biggrin.gif

9qfbeb.jpg

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
psycoblaster said:
I think a way to set the default tab is needed :\
I only look at the DS/homebrew releases, so I don't like how I have to click on the DS tab everytime I visit gbatemp...
It remembers which tab you last clicked, as long as you don't clear your cache.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
psycoblaster said:
I think a way to set the default tab is needed :\
I only look at the DS/homebrew releases, so I don't like how I have to click on the DS tab everytime I visit gbatemp...
It remembers which tab you last clicked, as long as you don't clear your cache.
I just found out XD
The first time I did it, it seemed to go back to the "all" tab, but now it seems to work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice changes
smile.gif

though, I will have to get used to it, but it's no big deal ^^
Nice to have VC and WiiWare separated too.

I have 3 questions or suggestions :

1) Will there be a section for Dsi too ? As they have their own numbering order.

2) Maybe it's best to put the region flag in front of the game name, instead of next to it.
So it will be always at the same place. But I understand if it's to match the releases link's name order.

3) Could it be possible to add an anchor while clicking a Scene release link ?
I explain :

On the "All" tab click the "GBA recommends", the article will open and the screen stay on the top of the article. All is good here.
Read the article or head to the bottom, and click a console release (metal slug for example).
Metal slug tab load, and the screen stay centered on the bottom of the site.

It could be a good idea to have an anchor to the top of the Scene releases tab so the page will center on the releases information automatically.

That's just ideas, if you can
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)