RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least the name Alola is fairly obviously based off of the word Aloha, but I can't even begin to guess where the hell the names for other regions come from or what they're supposed to mean.

Kanto, Johto I know are regions based in Japan, Hoenn and Sinnoh I think, Unova's based on New York or NYC, Kalos is based in France, notice Lumiose City's tower being like the Eiffel Tower. This obviously being Hawaii, does it get too foggy there? I want Defog to return as an HM, or at least a tutor move. That's one thing I'm hoping for, a vast move tutor pool like in ORAS.

Is it just me or is Pokemon getting... A little bit too goofy?

It was goofy from the start.
woph5Dd.png

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Kanto, Johto I know are regions based in Japan, Hoenn and Sinnoh I think, Unova's based on New York or NYC, Kalos is based in France, notice Lumiose City's tower being like the Eiffel Tower. This obviously being Hawaii, does it get too foggy there? I want Defog to return as an HM, or at least a tutor move. That's one thing I'm hoping for, a vast move tutor pool like in ORAS.
There's a possibility HMs will not be there altogether. Have you seen the riding feature? Some pokemon will not be in your party but you can call them to fly, ride, and surf on them.
It would seem bizarre to then keep HMs for stuff like cut, but we'll see.

D

Deleted User

There's a possibility HMs will not be there altogether. Have you seen the riding feature? Some pokemon will not be in your party but you can call them to fly, ride, and surf on them.
It would seem bizarre to then keep HMs for stuff like cut, but we'll see.
good answer for hm slaves, GF... like current eon flute... cool, not as fast as hm fly, but still...
and hms dont make sense when every tm can be used infinitly

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least the names aren't as crappy as Gen 6's... Have some gen 6 cringe (Yes, kill me for cringing at names that bluntly reference something about the Pokemon.)
Exibit A; Talonflame
Exibit B; Klefki
Exibit C; Pumpkaboo

D

Deleted User

My god... even Gumshoos looks like Donald Trump.

Anyway, Alola forms look kinda cool. It's an interesting way to make older Pokemon look fresh. I just wonder if there's a way to revert them to their normal forms.

Also, it seems they're ditching the eight gyms format for this "Island Challenge" thing. It looks pretty cool, actually, and a breath of fresh air for the series. Totem Pokemon also look cool; they seem to be actual boss Pokemon, which I thought was needed for the franchise. I wonder what the story is gonna be like; they haven't revealed anything about the evil team of the region (or if there's even going to be one 0_0).

Z-Moves also look pretty cool. Now my Pokemon can perform really flashy moves like it's Final Fantasy or something.

Last edited by ,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Sun/Moon is actually the orange league from the show.
First a small region and now an implementation of something in the anime and not the games

They better be making a Gaur Plains size region :glare:
I guess the core of Pokemon is gameplay, but still

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks so much cooler than the half assed shit we got with X and Y.
They're really shaking up the formula a little and since rideable pokemon are not in your party I suspect HM's are finally getting a rest.
I'm sad we will forever have to deal with megas because some asshole in 6th gen decided the 8 year olds would think they looked cool.
These alternate forms and once per match moves seem like more sensible additions.

Reactions: Deleted User

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
Alola form is a great idea. It makes Pokemon more like real animals, which they are in the Pokemon world. I'd like to see Mantyke come in different patterns as described by its Pokedex entry.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know how I missed this https://youtu.be/OgLD1yhxNik?si=I94vWUB9-LcKc5jR