Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or is Pokemon getting... A little bit too goofy?
No, it's not you.

Here, let me explain what's going on in the world of Pokemon:

1) First they make the game. Everyone plays game. Then competitions.

2) Then they make the cards. Everyone buys cards. Plays cards. Then competitions.

3) Then cartoon follows. Everyone watches cartoon and goes to special events which are just movies.

Most kids start with cartoon. Then game. Then cards. Then the addicts buy plushies, toys, figures, etc.

Right now we are coming to the 4 year end of cycle which currently is XY. In cards, we started with XY Base Set up to XY13 (which is the next/last set of cards after Steam Siege for XY).

Then XY goes bye-bye and new cycle begins.

So Sun & Moon are the LAST XY games.

So how would you end an epic run of Pokemon which started with XY>ORAS>S&M??? It's Pokebeach party time! (we've done this before)

The cartoon has pretty much released all the XY movies, and the series is still finishing up what the games covered.

Games are cannon. Cartoon is cannon. Cards are just cards... (but they have their own complexities, like right now all the EX pokemon are going from main focus to supporter focus while we are now going back to 3-stage evolutions which we nickname "LV. X Cards" or in this case, "Break Cards" )

Games are player inclusive (hence being able to choose your avatar) cannon, while cartoons are viewer exclusive (hence, Ash never gets old and Pikachu is a pokemon time lord) cannon.

At no point in time does Game Cannon = Cartoon Cannon. However, they do share plot/character similarities, and even some details like 'shipping. The pokemon get released to all. The NPC characters and gym leaders get used in all. Game. Cards. Cartoon. Manga... everything.

Then there's Manga. OMG, the manga... The Manga basically fills in all the plot holes (or makes them worse) and even run on their own cannon and sometimes do wish fulfillment. Like Jesse & James 'shippers, or how many GFs Ash/Red has had.

So right now, we're coming to the "end" of this cycle. So why the Island Theme? It's the cycle-end-party-time part of the story. Everyone gets high on punch and runs around in swimsuits chasing pokemon in the sand and burying their regrets. Then PokeGod (Arceus) comes down and kills everyone/thing and brings it all back to life and everyone goes on like nothing ever happened (Especially the beach party).

One thing you may have not noticed is how sexualized the XY cartoon has become. Older viewers are like, "Uh, Ash, shouldn't you be like 30? And why are the MILFs always hitting on you?" while Nintendo tried to gear more towards girls with Serena and the whole beauty pageant thing. This also got used in the games (sadly). And then there's the infamous shippings. Ash, hit dat Serena bootay... Uh, where's Oak and Ash's mom? Why is Sycamore tapping what's-her-name? Or is he just gay for Pokemon? What about that one girl who keeps hitting on Ash in front of Serena? Threesome?

There's even Pokemon shipping (don't ask).

And occasionally the cards get special releases like Ash's Greninja which has the attacks and HP of the Cartoon version. Sadly, it sucked. Most do.

The games get monthly releases or special movie event pokemon that get sent to you, etc.

And rinse, wash, repeat. That's Pokemon. 20 years strong (or annoying, depends on how you see it)

The next cycle will begin when Nintendo puts out NX and FORCES us to buy it to play new Pokemon. Sadly, I'm concerned for NX being able to hold up to 3DS.

I really blame Reggi. I just don't think he knows what to do anymore but try and print money. Nintendo is in a bad shape right now... and Pokemon GO didn't really help. In no way is GO actually a part of Pokemon. It was licensed out to NIANTECH(?) and a fad. Nintendo just "testing their waters with Pokemon-bait".

You know what they screwed up? Pokemon TCG Online only on Apple iPad 3. If they had released that on Android, Pokemon GO would have been unnecessary.

Again, Nintendo =/= Game Freak which makes Pokemon. But at the same time, Nintendo does have license ownership.

Oh, and uh, Mother (NES) will never come to US market, even under eShop VC. Has to do with music copyrights. Yeah, Nintendo's dirty secret is, they're dirty and secret about it. So never have pity on Nintendo. Or they send the Yakuza to get you.

Hoped this helped...

And for nitpickers out there, yes, I know this is not accurate. But I really don't want to have to explain Japanese/USA Pokemon, how censorship works, blah blah blah... just go orgasm over your pocket monsters and move on.

This game is going to suck. just like the cards. It's not that the game is bad, or the cards. It's that we're at the end of a really good run. It just sucks. I really liked XY set.

And now things go Gold/Silver on us. Ugh... I hate dragons. I play Pokemon because I don't play Magic. Now the dragons are back. Oh, sorry... I mean "Nippon Siprit Gods".

I have an idea for Game Freak: Explain Fukushima and why you're kicking American military bases out of Okinawa to Guam... that'd make a greeeeat Pokemon story.

And you stole your dragons from China. So stop making us buy them.

Last edited by Osmosis,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

z moves look like are gonna complicate the game even more... alola forms look like ass- like, who thinks 750++ pokemons arent enough? you? then take this- alternate form for each pokemon! make them turn into other types! like a new pokemon, but with same design! awesome, right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm a grass dragon type, is that a first?
Exeggutor that is O_O
might be powerful
looks like a giraffe with misplaced balls... like exeggutor isnt stupidly crazy enough- a buncha eggs transforming int three-headed banana tree- lets make it even more stupid~~!!!

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, not sure if you guys seen this, but the memes are crazy

52183dd0d27f43fc8fbec035e73ad27b.png
7dcb9d5964be9d42db65c006c60b0020.png
92ad24af54c3f382993508f6ca2a4642.png

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, it's not you.
And now things go Gold/Silver on us. Ugh... I hate dragons. I play Pokemon because I don't play Magic. Now the dragons are back. Oh, sorry... I mean "Nippon Siprit Gods".

I have an idea for Game Freak: Explain Fukushima and why you're kicking American military bases out of Okinawa to Guam... that'd make a greeeeat Pokemon story.

what in God's name are you talking about

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
No, it's not you.

And for nitpickers out there, yes, I know this is not accurate. But I really don't want to have to explain Japanese/USA Pokemon, how censorship works, blah blah blah... just go orgasm over your pocket monsters and move on.

This game is going to suck. just like the cards. It's not that the game is bad, or the cards. It's that we're at the end of a really good run. It just sucks. I really liked XY set.

nitpicker here. are you angry at Japan in general or at pokemon, choose one and dont bring the other into it.

D

Deleted User

also the new exeggutor (thats da name right?) looks like a fucking dildo. WTF nintendo? whats up with that random pokemon? u wanna make him even more random? WTF

D

Deleted User

the problem is the name, you are calling the name Kanto shit, when Kanto is a REAL name in Japan. that may sound offensive to some people.
and alola based on aloha which is a "hallo" word. mosta ppl complain about it which is offensive against other ppl, so I remind you that ITS NOT THE ONLY WEIRD NAME FOR REGION IN POKEMON GAMES. sorry.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I'm concerned for NX being able to hold up to 3DS.
Don't be, most toasters run faster than the 3DS. Even a new, exclusively-mobile console would have a much stronger CPU/GPU in it than what the 3DS does, but the NX is also meant to display to HDTVs. Which means at least 1080p (possibly even 60FPS) output, and that's a huge leap over 3DS.

Also,
Nintendo is in a bad shape right now... and Pokemon GO didn't really help. In no way is GO actually a part of Pokemon. It was licensed out to NIANTECH(?) and a fad. Nintendo just "testing their waters with Pokemon-bait".
this is simply incorrect. The success of Pokemon Go has raised Nintendo's stock value massively, even after it leveled out. Inevitably this will mean more partnership deals for Nintendo, as well.

As for Sun/Moon, I'll play it, and that weasel thing is a dead ringer for Donald Trump.

Last edited by Xzi,

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Don't be, most toasters run faster than the 3DS. Even a new, exclusively-mobile console would have a much stronger CPU/GPU in it than what the 3DS does, but the NX is also meant to display to HDTVs. Which means at least 1080p (possibly even 60FPS) output, and that's a huge leap over 3DS.

Also,

this is simply incorrect. The success of Pokemon Go has raised Nintendo's stock value massively, even after it leveled out. Inevitably this will mean more partnership deals for Nintendo, as well.

As for Sun/Moon, I'll play it, and that weasel thing is a dead ringer for Donald Trump.
yes. and also with pokemon go, which Nintendo only owns ~30%, they got huge stock jump(although it drop a few days later). that is just one franchise which they licence. what would you think of the others(zelda, mario, metroid, star fox, and even smash) if they were release on mobile as a mini game. another 10 million downloads for you with stocks rising.

D

Deleted User

Also,

I think he means to hold up to 3ds SALES... it wont happen... unless I miss smthng

D

Deleted User

also the new exeggutor (thats da name right?) looks like a fucking dildo. WTF nintendo? whats up with that random pokemon? u wanna make him even more random? WTF
I thought the vibrating Z ring from TOMY was the dildo

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's not you.

I have absolutely no idea on what the hell you're talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉