Gaming new pokemon question

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I honestly haven't been keeping up on the hype and honestly didn't know these were even coming out. From the little I've read about them that hasn't been about the AP, it seems like they're remakes of the gold and silver for the GBC? (much like fire red and leaf green were?). My main question is this, and I may be remembering it wrong, but wasn't this the version that had the super-uesless HM moves like waterfall? ..will I still be required to carry around TWO HM slaves or did they get rid of the superfluous HMs?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
claudekennilol said:
Alright, I honestly haven't been keeping up on the hype and honestly didn't know these were even coming out. From the little I've read about them that hasn't been about the AP, it seems like they're remakes of the gold and silver for the GBC? (much like fire red and leaf green were?). My main question is this, and I may be remembering it wrong, but wasn't this the version that had the super-uesless HM moves like waterfall? ..will I still be required to carry around TWO HM slaves or did they get rid of the superfluous HMs?

waterfall is still in there.

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hatsuyuki-Subs said:
Tac 21 said:
and waterfall is no longer "useless" in the newest generation.
Was it ever useless?

Yes, before it became a physical move it was useless, besides taking you up the waterfalls. Especially because you need Surf to reach Waterfalls anyway, which has 15 more power....

Redwolfeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you use Strategy, I found that you can still have the HM users useable with HMs, as long as you keep the moves you want them to know in TM form before you face the Elite Four.

But yea... HM's should be over-rightable

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe Rock Climb is a secret HM in this game that was not in the original. You need it to reach Red, which sucks because it's a horrible move so one of your Pokemon essentially has a wasted move slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.