New orange colored EZ-FLASH OMEGA case

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by EZ-Flash2, Nov 21, 2019.

1. EZ-Flash2
    OP

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

Jul 16, 2003
    China
    Searinox, Madridi, Voxel and 5 others like this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Nice. The EZ3 was a wonderful little cart and a nod to it is appreciated.

Appears one of the shops selling it are also selling them as raw shells as well.

Edit. Got just the shell from one of them. Will update when it comes in.

Last edited by FAST6191, Nov 21, 2019
    x65943, FateForWindows and zxr750j like this.
  3. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    The funny thing is that the original orange EZ III is still my primary GBA flashcart (I have to enter XP mode to edit it/change my ROM setup).

cearp, slaphappygamer and Zense like this.
  4. WiiHomebrew+Snes

WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Fan

May 4, 2016
    United States
    Great for a spice orange console! I only have the reform though, does anybody know if the shell works for both?

5. EZ-Flash2
    OP

EZ-Flash2 Official EZ-FLASH Stuff

Jul 16, 2003
    China
    no, it can not work on reform

WiiHomebrew+Snes and Madridi like this.
  6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I've thought about getting one of these flash carts, but I read something about there being a problem with saving games. in fact, someone told me that the issue can even delete all saves on the cart.

7. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Indeed it can

It's the exact reason I stopped using my Omega. Lost my saves too many times

raxadian and godreborn like this.
  8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Depends on the exact combination of console, power source kind & quality, microSD, user ability to follow instructions, and possibly manufacturing lot - I've never had a problem but it's clear that others have...

9. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    There are many many GBA games I would actually like to play on an actual GBA but unfortunately I am saving for a Switch Lite.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    sorry to branch off topic, but is everdrive the only alternative? it seems kinda pricey.

11. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    Same here, I only got my omega card like a few months ago and other flash cards but the ez-flash omega constantly was deleting my save and making it impossible to play a game even without cheats enabled for a minute (like enabled masterball and rare candy codes for Pokémon and then turned them off after). Besides I keep getting the safe menu when turning it on trying to play and use it. Thinking about just reselling all of them if possible and just stick with my Gameboy zeros, vita and Switch to emulator gba. The colors shells look good but $67(sale price) is still way steep for me. Don't want the hassle of trying my hand building a dmg 103 if I can't get my cards to work (yes I do have my games like Pokémon Soul silver but wanted to use flash cards to play Pokémon rom hacks because no reason to buy them when they are supposed to be free )

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Same here, I only got my omega card like a few months ago and other flash cards but the ez-flash omega constantly was deleting my save and making it impossible to play a game even without cheats enabled for a minute (like enabled masterball and rare candy codes for Pokémon and then turned them off after). Besides I keep getting the safe menu when turning it on trying to play and use it. Thinking about just reselling all of them if possible and just stick with my Gameboy zeros, vita and Switch to emulator gba. The colors shells look good but $67(sale price) is still steep for me. Hopefully the color shells can be resold separately.

12. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    So nice, but powering on the console to sav your game properly is getting old. Have you replaced your battery?

13. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The new gba everdrives (there was a previous line) are the only direct ez-omega competitor, yes
    This doesn't mean previous generation flashcards are a bad deal if you can find them and are aware of the differences (mainly non-negligible loading times for >16MB titles since that was the average PSRAM capacity) - more than once I had considered buying an ez-reform only to find them at higher prices than the omega until I bought the latter

raxadian likes this.
  14. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    No, I recharge it every few years (yeah, it's rechargeable, you even had to charge it for several hours before the first use) and for some reason it still works like a charm. Never felt the need to buy a new card. ;)

15. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Every time I see about GBA I remember how I want to backlight mod my GBa and get a flashcard but don't have money for that :v
    well these are looking nice

slaphappygamer likes this.
  16. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    Damn you got lucky. I replaced my battery, but it still doesn’t work like yours.

17. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    That sucks.

Then again if you use a real card instead of an adapter plus micro sd card the save data corruption is less.

A lot of adapters of micro sd to other cards are not very good.

18. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Mine arrived some time today (ordered on the 21st of November, today is the 7th of December. Ploylab being the vendor of choice here, never sure what to say about service when it is what it is but they sent emails confirming order, tracking (which I did not use) and payments so basic functionality really there).

Anyway pictures. Higher res versions available if so desired. My DS lite Omega front had slid under the place I keep my GBA carts so didn't have the full complement of original Omega shells to hand for this one but back panel and full size GBA are here so hopefully that will do. If necessary I can get comparison shots later.

omega_orange_first_imp_1.JPG
    omega_orange_first_imp_2.JPG
    omega_orange_first_imp_3.JPG
    omega_orange_first_imp_4.JPG
    omega_orange_first_imp_5.JPG
    omega_orange_first_imp_6.JPG
    omega_orange_first_imp_7.JPG

Last shot shows comparisons between them. Seems to be ribbed for your pleasure these days, don't know if that was an issue with the earlier ones (the black one is the review sample I was sent). Mould making seems a lot cleaner here but was not a particular problem before. Kind of tough to get into an original DS GBA slot but worked in the end. Fit of the cart itself is rather tight, so much so I actually opted for a spudger when pulling apart the lite version to make it into a full size cart version.
    Sticks out a bit from the DS lite in its DS lite form factor. Not enough to bother me but I will note it. Depending upon how worn or dirty your GBA slot is you might still benefit from a bit of folded paper but worked for my stuff. Also seem to have changed screw type to a more machine thread style rather than the self tapper my original one came with.

Did bust out the micrometer just for fun. Orange is a bit thinner actually in the thinnest points (of which there are a few as there is a subtly different design in addition to the ribs)

cearp and Ryccardo like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted