1. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Developer
    Developer

United States
    I got mine in today, looks pretty cool, love the throwback to the EZ-Flash III, I have it in the image with the Omega to show comparisons.
    [​IMG]

2. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Mine arrived today, but I am having problems with it. Using the large orange front and orange back, my GBA will not recognize the cartrdige. Using the large orange front and the original black backside works. I can't see what might be causing this, though.

3. Skyhigh_

Skyhigh_ GBAtemp Regular

United States

maybe extra plastic?

i am using one at the moment with the new shell and have no problems

maybe your motherboard is not inserted or placed all the way up inside the shell?

4. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    The molds are slightly different, there is an additional "bar" on the orange backplate between the FPGA (U1) and whatever chip U2 is, that's not there on the black backplate. However, that bar seems only to be separating the two chips as a means of reducing "side-to-side-wobble". I might try taking that out with a dremel later.
    bar.jpg
    But when assembling with both the black and orange backplate and looking into the cartridge, I can't notice any difference between the two on how the board is seated.
    So for now, I'm just using my "frankensteined" shell with the black backplate. Once it's inserted in my GBA, you can't really see the black backplate anyway.
    IMG_20191222_110901.jpg IMG_20191222_110907.jpg IMG_20191222_110924.jpg IMG_20191222_110935.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - colored, orange, FLASH