Hacking New NTR-CFW Release!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the plugin has issues with VC games, on one of my NES injets, the time is displayed at center righ part of the screen instead of top right. Also sometimes the game doesn't load. It says "Error has occured, hold power until shutdown" on some games when loading it. Also can anyone suggest a 12AM/PM time formant instead of 24 hours one? :mellow:

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit lost, we're on Preview 5 now. Is it incremental improvements or are they significantly better? Do I need to rework it for streaming or is it pretty much still set to go?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the changelog? The NTR CFW github doesn't give information on the Preview bit, do you have a link for it? I can't seem to find it.
The same place you downloaded it from. :mellow:
https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
What's New
  1. Experimental support for extended memory games on o3ds from all regions. (Real-time save is not available on extended memory mode with o3ds)
Details: https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/wiki/Extended-memory-games-on-O3DS

Usage
Copy *.bin files in ntr.zip to the root directory of sdcard, do not rename the .bin files.

Install BootNTR.cia on New3DS, install both BootNTR.cia and BootNTR-Mode3.cia on Old3DS.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish the plugins was on the bottom screen, the top screen is for playing games, Why put it there in the way? I get the FPS one since it benchmarks both screens individually but a option to move i hope comes soon.

Also when i use it, switching games sometimes get me stuck at the nintendo loading screen infinite loop. Is there no fix for that?

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, we're having a bit of miscommunication. I want to know what the difference between preview 2/3/4/5 is. I was under the impression "Preview 2" was an improved streaming mode over the N3DS only streaming ability. Am I under the wrong impression with that?
The streaming is not effected. The difference between the Previews is listed on the github page. If nothing about streaming is mentioned, there is no alteration in the way the streaming functions, it is exactly the same.

If the streaming was effected by the update. The change log will list them. From what i observed some others saying. There is other pc client software others have created you can use has different performance in streaming, but is not effectef by the NTR updates themself. Did i answer your question? :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The streaming is not effected. The difference between the Previews is listed on the github page. If nothing about streaming is mentioned, there is no alteration in the way the streaming functions, it is exactly the same.

If the streaming was effected by the update. The change log will list them. From what i observed some others saying. There is other pc client software others have created you can use has different performance in streaming, but is not effectef by the NTR updates themself. Did i answer your question? :)
Much more clearly. It was my understanding the streaming was called "Preview" and the "Preview 2/3/4/5" were improvements over it. Thanks for clearing that up, though now I'm sad there weren't huge leaps and bounds over the streaming (which is great to begin with)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much more clearly. It was my understanding the streaming was called "Preview" and the "Preview 2/3/4/5" were improvements over it. Thanks for clearing that up, though now I'm sad there weren't huge leaps and bounds over the streaming (which is great to begin with)
I don't know why is labeled preview, perhaps is still beta and means unstable currently so perhaps after no more previews a more stable "Confident" NTR CFW will be announced. Usually i stick to all the downloads that have Green "RELEASE" Next to the lable for safety. But i suppose using pre-release ones is just as safe if you know what to do with it. :)

If you still using ntr debugger, maybe try some other programs that some people made, it may improve some of the video streaming if that what you was looking for. I never used it myself, i was hoping for a android port but not one yet. :P

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Who cares about the name, what's matters it what it does. ;)

I wish the plugins was on the bottom screen, the top screen is for playing games, Why put it there in the way? I get the FPS one since it benchmarks both screens individually but a option to move i hope comes soon.

Already done, check here.

The boot loop is a memory issue, no fix atm.

Reactions: adrifcastr

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares about the name, what's matters it what it does. ;)

Already done, check here.

The boot loop is a memory issue, no fix atm.
You are my hero. :P

You think perhaps a plugin downloader homebrew app can be made for the 3DS as well? Wait, you the one who made the BOOTNTR selector.:blink:

So umm how's it going? :ninja:

On a serious note, did you have any involvement with the umm that boot mode 3 extend memory on o3ds, can that be added to the ntr boot selector?:rolleyes:

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
On a serious note, did you have any involvement with the umm that boot mode 3 extend memory on o3ds, can that be added to the ntr boot selector?:rolleyes:
2.6 was pushed yesterday with Mode3 as well for the Selector. ;)

And nope, @cell9 did all the work, I'm only porting his work to my fork that's all. :)

A downloader is possible (I mean everything is possible, isn't it ?), but I can't do it, I'm working on others projects that are already time consuming. :/

I don't know if you done it yet, but can you try to implement that https://github.com/Spaqin/bipolar-3ds/blob/master/source/main.c#L38L46
for the battery level? It returns a percentage instead of the level (0-5) of the battery -> more precise
I have tried to do it myself, but i can't manage to compile it...
I'll add that, thanks for the link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users