Not open for further replies.

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so this is probably the wrong place, so mods, feel free to move the thread if it is.

I recently got an R4i 3DS Gold Plus flashcart, so I slapped my New Mystery (patched with the English fan translation) ROM onto it so I can finally play it on a DS (well, 3DS in my case). For those unfamiliar, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem is the sequel to Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, and it has some bonus items and 3 DLC chapters if you connect it online. Obviously, the WiFi connectivity is dead on the DS now, so that's a no-go, so the translation team put in a save file that's supposed to have all that unlocked. I can confirm, it does work, at least when I used to play it on DeSmuME.

But it's my first flashcart experience (pretty good so far, I'd say!), so I assumed if I just put the save in the same folder as the game (and I did rename the save file to be the same as my patched ROM), it'd work, but... doesn't seem to be the case. The Read Me for the patch says it should be possible if you connect to the WiFi if using a flashcart, but the fan translation patch was released waaaaaay back in 2012. Anyone who's ran the game on a flashcart, did you ever get the bonus content unlocked? How'd you do it, if you did?

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anything about the game, but maybe you could try submitting a game definition for it to Wiimmfi? Since it's not on the list.

Heya, so I got around to checking the list of games at Step 1, but the only FE game I found was "Fire Emblem DS", which is... not the most helpful, because there are two: Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, and it doesn't specify which one. However, I remembered that New Mystery is a DSi Enhanced game. Does that make a difference at all? I tried using the DNS change to connect to Wiimmfi after I googled around, but I got an error code 51099 instead. The game is a Japan-only game, too, so I dunno if that changes anything, either.

UPDATE: Got error 23922! That's kinda good, right? Because the setup guide says that's needed to add the game in. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing now... Since New Mystery uses the same game engine as Shadow Dragon, I assume they used the same servers. Makes as much sense to me as flying pigs, but can't hurt to try, right?

UPDATE 2: submitted the game definition, here's hoping it'll work.

UPDATE 3: Tried AltWFC instead, that actually worked to get the bonus content, so I'm not sure why I didn't think of using that first,

Last edited by Steel-Winged_Pegasus,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...