New 'Metroid Dread' trailer released

metroid dread.JPG

In anticipation of Samus Aran’s return in Metroid Dread in October, Nintendo released a new trailer for the game today. It introduces some of Samus' new abilities as well as some of the cryptic terrors you will encounter on planet ZDR.

​


Metroid Dread will launch on October 8 on the Nintendo Switch.

:arrow: SOURCE
 
you mean was being developed by Bandai/Namco right ? It was taken away and given back to original developers Retro Studios who have a new team of some of the best FPS designers
Err yeah, for some reason I got that reversed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Teletron1
I don't know there is just something about mercury steam that is just very generic, I feel like if I have played one of their 2.5d side scrollers I have played them
I feel like it's just going through the motions
I finished both CV LOS MOF and Samus returns and they just feel like almost the same game with a different theme
both are pretty mediocre and meh
this just looks like more of the same to me
the only think that held my interest while playing the other 2 games, CV LOS MOF and Samus returns was the 3D effect on the 3DS otherwise both of them would have really uninteresting and even more boring

I really wish we could get a proper 3rd person 3D metroid game or at least one with an option for 3rd person and first person

Prime 4 is still in full development, it makes a lot more sense to have both styles present on the Switch than just having two fps Metroids.
 
This might be the first Metroid I play since Prime 1 (wasn't a fan) but this looks really neat!
 
Prime 4 is still in full development, it makes a lot more sense to have both styles present on the Switch than just having two fps Metroids.
I see your point but they could have got someone else to develop it or done it in house
I am just not a fan of that studio or their engine
it's just can't compare to a game built from the ground up with Nintendo in house quality
back in the day I remember when 1st party games made by Nintendo would take much more advantage of the hardware than 3rd party titles for a long time or at least for the first couple of years
they could have made a 2.5 d if they wanted to without franchising it out to mercury steam again
hopefully we get MP4 on switch , we probably will but it will be and EOL title or it will be a dual release like LOZ TP
 
thanks for spoiling :)

Did you enter a topic discussing a trailer and expected people to not talk about things happening in the trailer?
I was making lighthearted, funny comen that i didn't expect reply to.

Apparently you took it seriously for some reason, trying to argue with me.
Naughty...
no-nooo.gif
 
Last edited by Deleted member 475203,

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted