New method

Status
Not open for further replies.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a home made cartridge extension cable, like those sd card extension cables. You can't do shit with the game cartridge.

Matter of fact the cartridge interface has already been studied in 2017 when switch first came out. If there were any exploit we'd have flash cards already. Also you really think nintendo would make the same mistake with cartridge security after the ds/3ds flash cards?
sd-card-10cm-extension-cable-01-800x800.jpg

Last edited by randy_w,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Game cards don't have that amount of pins, so there's too many wires in that picture. If you also look at the pinout of a gamecard reader only about 8 or 9 pins are connected to read the card, the other pins are for the headphone jack, I call bollocks attention seeking.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this is an attempt to pirate games or whatever, just buy your games. then, you won't have to worry about making a mistake with your stock nand.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game cards don't have that amount of pins, so there's too many wires in that picture. If you also look at the pinout of a gamecard reader only about 8 or 9 pins are connected to read the card, the other pins are for the headphone jack, I call bollocks attention seeking.
There are 8 pins for data bus alone, if you add clk/cs/vcc/gnd and all other pins for signaling, the number of wires seems right.
It's just a homemade cartridge extension cable, judging from the quality of soldering, OP probably stole the pic from someone else.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this video from Tokyo Game Show showing off SkyNX. The claim was that this was an unmodified switch running homebrew through their special cart that you can glimpse in the switch. The video was recorded by this Japanese news site covering TGS: https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999902/20220918054/ . Was surprised that I couldn't find anything on it here, whether it was fake or not seems like a big deal to Switch hacking.

This has nothing to do with what the OP posted but it did make me wonder if there was a real "new" method found.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this video from Tokyo Game Show showing off SkyNX. The claim was that this was an unmodified switch running homebrew through their special cart that you can glimpse in the switch. The video was recorded by this Japanese news site covering TGS: https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999902/20220918054/ . Was surprised that I couldn't find anything on it here, whether it was fake or not seems like a big deal to Switch hacking.

This has nothing to do with what the OP posted but it did make me wonder if there was a real "new" method found.

That is a Switch streaming a PC game. Unfortunately not a GC based hack.

booth

Some people would have noticed that there was a booth with an unfamiliar name called "Achievement Electric" at the Tokyo Game Show 2022. In addition to a number of gamepads lined up at the company's booth, there is also a mysterious Wi-Fi module that allows you to play PC games on Nintendo Switch (hereinafter referred to as Switch) as a technical exhibition, and a steari Gunwheels, PC engine compatible machines, etc. were on display. There is also a gun controller experience for VR games, and it is developing a wide variety of devices.
Of these, the PC engine compatible "RetroN GX" has been reported, but I would like to report on other products.

In the first place, achievement electronics is a Japanese subsidiary of the Dashe Electronics Group in China. It will become a manufacturing company that mainly develops and undertakes production of licensed products from game manufacturers and peripheral equipment manufacturers. If you refer to the customer information, ASUSTeK Computer, Corsair, Mad catz, and the names of manufacturers known in Japan such as Razer and Nacon are lined up. The parent business partner of Dashine Electronics also has the names of Microsoft and Lenovo.

In particular, the display of gamepads was particularly noticeable at the achievement electronics booth, and I was able to see many products such as wired, wireless, and additional buttons, and collaboration models that changed the design.

A variety of gamepads with different specifications were on display.
According to the company's explainer, "I can't tell you the details, but all of them are related to achievement appliances." Some readers will try the gamepad at the booth and feel like me, "This "L/R" trigger feels like my fingers remember well."

A gamepad for Switch with a long grip

If you look at the back of the gamepads for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms, you can see the additional button at the base of the grip.

Originally, it was behind the scenes, and the reason why the achievement electronics, which did not sell products directly to gamers, was exhibited in its own technology and to find partners. However, since there is development and production technology, it seems that they are also thinking about developing their own products. It was also a pretty sharp item.

・"Stream Card" for playing PC games on Switch

At TGS 2022, small game PCs that could enjoy PC games like portable game consoles were noticeable. Many of these small game consoles have a body integrated with gamepads like Switch, but according to the explanator of the achievement appliance, "It would be great if you could play PC games on Switch!" It will be.
From that background, a Wi-Fi module called "Stream Card" was born.

Switch demo unit with a prototype of the Stream Card. Good, it's a very sharp item.

Stream Card's commentary panel

Stream Card is used by plugging it into the game card slot at the top of the Switch. It was an explanation that it was close to SoC (System-on-a-Chip) because it is not just a Wi-Fi module, but some processing is done after receiving data from the PC. I was able to actually play the PC version of "Stray". There is a PC and a display right next to the Switch, so I was able to confirm the small delay.

I took a close-up of the Stream Card.

Stream Card: Check the delay with Stray

I checked the delay with the Stream Card. There's a slight delay, but it's enough to play.

It seems that they haven't found a partner for commercialization yet, so I want the manufacturer I'm interested in to approach it. In addition, the explanator said, "(Some companies) stopped by and gave me a good response."

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seriously? ESP8266? I've used a fair amount of esp8266/esp32 dev boards, and that esp8266 wifi module can't even reach 1MB/s upload/download speed, let alone doing video streaming/decoding. Most importantly, there's no way it would ever work in switch's cartridge port. It's just a scam for those potential investors or something.

1665192402124.png

Reactions: Rahkeesh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-