Help with jailbreaking

Luccy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I have a Nintendo Switch and I want to do jailbreak on it.

The serial number starts with: XAW1011

Unfortunately, the RCM fusee-glee method doens't work, and now I think I will need to use the modchip, my question is: Which modchip do I buy ? there is any recommendation for my model or any will fit perfectly ? I've seem a lot of tutorials, but I can't choose for sure and I really wanted to jailbreak it!

Thank you

Last edited by Luccy,

Luccy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fixed the serial number, but is "possibly patched." actually. Anyway, the RCM approach doens't work, I tried several times it's indeed patched.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the serial number, but is "possibly patched." actually. Anyway, the RCM approach doens't work, I tried several times it's indeed patched.
Well I believe the 2 notable chips are the Hwfly and Picofly. I suggest looking both up to see which you would prefer.

Reactions: Luccy

Luccy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I believe the 2 notable chips are the Hwfly and Picofly. I suggest looking both up to see which you would prefer.
Yeah, I just bought the "HWFLY RP2040" after navigate in a couple of posts, when it arrive I will test it out and update this post with a successful or failure result.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yeah, I just bought the "HWFLY RP2040" after navigate in a couple of posts, when it arrive I will test it out and update this post with a successful or failure result.
You do know that it requires soldering experience and other device surgery tools, right? Just asking since you seemed to instantly jump to buying a modchip without additional questions.

Reactions: xs4all

Luccy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You do know that it requires soldering experience and other device surgery tools, right? Just asking since you seemed to instantly jump to buying a modchip without additional questions.
Yeah, I have the proper tools with me, I used to play with eletronics stuff in the University, the only thing I will try to acquire is some cheap microscope (or something like that) to help with the soldering part that's look very sensitive.

Reactions: Ondrashek06

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, I have the proper tools with me, I used to play with eletronics stuff in the University, the only thing I will try to acquire is some cheap microscope (or something like that) to help with the soldering part that's look very sensitive.
Thankfully the "normal" switches (none Lite or OLED) are easier to mod.

Luccy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Luccy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would stay away from RP2040 , go for regular HWFLY if you can find them, RP2040 have the problem of NAND corrupting.
What do you mean by regular HWFLY ? do u have any link of one of them ? I can try to find if I have some reference, I still can cancel my order without problems

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by regular HWFLY ? do u have any link of one of them ? I can try to find if I have some reference, I still can cancel my order without problems

You would want to looks for Hwfly Core instead of current lineup of HWFLY RP2040 modchips.

m0rf3o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I would stay away from RP2040 , go for regular HWFLY if you can find them, RP2040 have the problem of NAND corrupting.
Hello, could you give me information about the nand corruption? What are the symptoms and is there a solution? I have problems with a chip like the one mentioned (new2040plus) and I don't know where to find information. Thank you 🙏🙏

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, could you give me information about the nand corruption? What are the symptoms and is there a solution? I have problems with a chip like the one mentioned (new2040plus) and I don't know where to find information. Thank you 🙏🙏

Nand corruption just meaning the nand getting corrupted, if you don't have nand backup you are fuck.

Reactions: m0rf3o

m0rf3o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If it doesn't boot likely the nand is corrupted. Only if you have a nand backup or you have to rebuild the nand.
That's right, my switch didn't boot, didn't do anything, black screen and the new2040plus didn't show any light. I try to connect it to the PC but I can't get into the chip, it only shows a blue light and flashes yellow, then it turns off. I was hoping to be able to flash some firmware that would boot the switch. What would be my next step to solve all this? What would you do? Thank you very much for your answers.

Attachments

• IMG_20231002_211851.jpg
    IMG_20231002_211851.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230930_003748.jpg
    IMG_20230930_003748.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20230929_163722.jpg
    IMG_20230929_163722.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 22

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's right, my switch didn't boot, didn't do anything, black screen and the new2040plus didn't show any light. I try to connect it to the PC but I can't get into the chip, it only shows a blue light and flashes yellow, then it turns off. I was hoping to be able to flash some firmware that would boot the switch. What would be my next step to solve all this? What would you do? Thank you very much for your answers.
1696319965734.png

That looks bridged from here , little flux and tap it with solder iron
Post automatically merged:

only if you install them improperly
Post automatically merged:

Long flashes , short flashes ?
Blue light and yelow light is the latest FW for RP2040. Check your shorted capacitor where it says V1

Last edited by Blavla,
Reactions: m0rf3o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?