New Mario remotes from Gamestop, not working with wii Emulators

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bm123456, Jan 28, 2015.

1. bm123456
    OP

bm123456 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 7, 2011
    United States
    Houston
    Does anyone have these working with the current wii emulators. I have already tried and tested the 3rd party controller mods from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3rd-party-classic-controller-fix-on-single-rom-load-emus.220406/
    Not working for Snes9xgx also need the Atari 2600 updated with latest lib.
    I know i can't be the only person who has bought these or is thinking about them. the do work great for all wii games and usb loaders. so i think the emulators just need to be updated.

007WWCUL0716
    RVL-036

2. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Which versions of Dolphin have you tested?

3. bm123456
    OP

Jun 7, 2011
    United States
    Houston
    I'm not using this remote on Dolphin. Wii only , i have read some articles about this issue on the Dolphin forums. the strange thing is that all my usb loaders work perfect with this remote . the only issue im having is with the Wii old homebrew apps and emulators. could the emulators just need to be compiled with the latest libs?

4. SinkyChan17

SinkyChan17 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2014
    Canada
    Montreal, Quebec
    bm123456 I've been having the same issue. I don't think ALL homebrew supports Wii Remote+, which is why I found an old Wii Remote at the video store used, and grabbed one. I suggest you do the same, unless someone has an idea I don't know about.

Good luck! :).

EDIT: For the record, Wii Remote+ Will say "Wii Motion Plus Inside" or something to that effect at the bottom of the remote, and all Mario themed remotes are motion+ as well as most remotes in stores now! D:

5. Plunt

Plunt GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario
    Try updating your apps/emulators to the latest versions or look for versions that are compiled to work with a wiimote+. IIRC most emulators have either been updated to support, or have alternate versions that work with Wii mote+

6. bm123456
    OP

Jun 7, 2011
    United States
    Houston