alvina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I just got the M3 lite, but it doesnt show up on the main nds screen.. I dont know what to do....
sleep.gif

Is it supposed to show up at the bottom where you would normally start a gba game pak?

thanks!

alvina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay,

I put in the passcard3 and m3 lite cartridges, boot up, and now i am at the main nds screen (where there is a clock and you can adjust brightness). Here, I can see the passcard is available to select, but below that, it says there is no gba game pak inserted.
my question is, am i supposed to see m3 available where the gba cart option is? or is my m3 faulty?

when i select the passcard, the passcard splash screen appears for a few seconds, then i get a black screen where i cannot do anything else.
what is the problem here?

thanks again!

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay,

I put in the passcard3 and m3 lite cartridges, boot up, and now i am at the main nds screen (where there is a clock and you can adjust brightness). Here, I can see the passcard is available to select, but below that, it says there is no gba game pak inserted.Â
my question is, am i supposed to see m3 available where the gba cart option is? or is my m3 faulty?

when i select the passcard, the passcard splash screen appears for a few seconds, then i get a black screen where i cannot do anything else.
what is the problem here?

thanks again!

If you're in the main menu, it should say a gba cart is inserted. Try readjusting the m3lites pc board alignment or tightening/loosening the case. It's either not making good contact or you have a defective unit of some kind in my opinion.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I also noticed you never mentioned the SD/CF card. cuz i did that when i first opened it, i was so excited i threw it in my ds without thinking, and it didnt hit me till after i thought my unit was broken that it needed something to read off of.

alvina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my microSD seems fine on my comp, and i tried a few different formats, still nothing. i dont have a different memory card to try, so right now i am assuming it is the m3 cart's problem
frown.gif

i read that entire "M3 how to" post, but i cant even try any of it because i cannot even boot up the m3 hehe

any other ideas?

i emailed the seller and am waiting for a response, hopefully i can exchange it for a working unit!!

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you've tried what I outlined about the pcboard, the yes your m3 is probably defective. But make sure you try playing with the alignment of it inside the case to make sure it makes good contact.

alvina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont really want to open it up and move it around, just in case i wont be able to exchange it after opening it up! from the outside, the m3 cart *looks* perfectly fine, nothing loose, looks like it is in place and fits
huh.gif

it is so sad because i JUST received the m3 and passcard in the mail, all excited, but it didnt work
frown.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the seller will most likely tell you to try the same thing, you're not hurting anything. Just unscrew it and check the alignment inside the case, that's all you're doing.

alvina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm gonna wait for the seller to reply.. but thanks for all the quick replies! i'll update on the situation.
smile.gif

but i sure hope no one else has to go thru the same problem!

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i know not to lose that little screw!!! oh and i donno if it was just mine or not, but it took me forever to get the white case to fit properly.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm gonna wait for the seller to reply.. but thanks for all the quick replies! i'll update on the situation.
smile.gif

but i sure hope no one else has to go thru the same problem!

plenty of people has, on another forum. That's why I suggest that solution...although they experience inconsistent contact, not just straight out no contact....so I am inclined to believe your unit is defective as well.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i know not to lose that little screw!!! oh and i donno if it was just mine or not, but it took me forever to get the white case to fit properly.

I'm willing to bet it's not just you, it was definitely tougher than the g6 lite in changing cases because everything was a lot tigher and m3 lite actually seemed flimsier than the g6 lite in terms of the battery setup and the capacitors. I was real careful and it helps if you have it on the back casing firmly before you attempt to line it up with the front of the casing.

alvina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well the seller said i may return it and have it checked out.
i hope i can get a working unit ASAP!!!!
i guess i'll have to study for now
frown.gif
haha how sad...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: has some of the interesting what if s