New M3 lite problem

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by alvina, Sep 22, 2006.

Sep 22, 2006

New M3 lite problem by alvina at 7:07 PM (1,398 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. alvina
    OP

Newcomer alvina Member

Canada
    Hi,

I just got the M3 lite, but it doesnt show up on the main nds screen.. I dont know what to do....[​IMG]
    Is it supposed to show up at the bottom where you would normally start a gba game pak?

thanks!

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    be more specific, the menu should show @ the bottom if your passme method is correct.

3. alvina
    OP

Newcomer alvina Member

Canada
    okay,

I put in the passcard3 and m3 lite cartridges, boot up, and now i am at the main nds screen (where there is a clock and you can adjust brightness). Here, I can see the passcard is available to select, but below that, it says there is no gba game pak inserted.
    my question is, am i supposed to see m3 available where the gba cart option is? or is my m3 faulty?

when i select the passcard, the passcard splash screen appears for a few seconds, then i get a black screen where i cannot do anything else.
    what is the problem here?

thanks again!

4. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    did you put the update on your memory card?

5. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    If you're in the main menu, it should say a gba cart is inserted. Try readjusting the m3lites pc board alignment or tightening/loosening the case. It's either not making good contact or you have a defective unit of some kind in my opinion.

6. iza

United States
    I also noticed you never mentioned the SD/CF card. cuz i did that when i first opened it, i was so excited i threw it in my ds without thinking, and it didnt hit me till after i thought my unit was broken that it needed something to read off of.

7. alvina
    OP

Newcomer alvina Member

Canada
    hehe yeah the microSD and update is on the card and in the m3 unit already [​IMG] still no response [​IMG]

8. iza

United States
    hmm. how odd. Well, your card really might be busted... try a different memory card first if you can.
    take a quick look through here and see if you cant find anything that might seem relevant;
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29255
    If it doesnt, get a replacement cart.

9. alvina
    OP

Newcomer alvina Member

Canada
    my microSD seems fine on my comp, and i tried a few different formats, still nothing. i dont have a different memory card to try, so right now i am assuming it is the m3 cart's problem [​IMG]
    i read that entire "M3 how to" post, but i cant even try any of it because i cannot even boot up the m3 hehe

any other ideas?

i emailed the seller and am waiting for a response, hopefully i can exchange it for a working unit!!

10. iza

United States
    i'm out of ideas...i think my m3 might catch your's virus, we should setup a quarantine

11. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    if you've tried what I outlined about the pcboard, the yes your m3 is probably defective. But make sure you try playing with the alignment of it inside the case to make sure it makes good contact.

12. alvina
    OP

Newcomer alvina Member

Canada
    I dont really want to open it up and move it around, just in case i wont be able to exchange it after opening it up! from the outside, the m3 cart *looks* perfectly fine, nothing loose, looks like it is in place and fits [​IMG]

it is so sad because i JUST received the m3 and passcard in the mail, all excited, but it didnt work [​IMG]

13. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    the seller will most likely tell you to try the same thing, you're not hurting anything. Just unscrew it and check the alignment inside the case, that's all you're doing.

14. alvina
    OP

Newcomer alvina Member

Canada
    i'm gonna wait for the seller to reply.. but thanks for all the quick replies! i'll update on the situation.
    [​IMG]

but i sure hope no one else has to go thru the same problem!

15. iza

United States
    i know not to lose that little screw!!! oh and i donno if it was just mine or not, but it took me forever to get the white case to fit properly.

16. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    plenty of people has, on another forum. That's why I suggest that solution...although they experience inconsistent contact, not just straight out no contact....so I am inclined to believe your unit is defective as well.

17. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I'm willing to bet it's not just you, it was definitely tougher than the g6 lite in changing cases because everything was a lot tigher and m3 lite actually seemed flimsier than the g6 lite in terms of the battery setup and the capacitors. I was real careful and it helps if you have it on the back casing firmly before you attempt to line it up with the front of the casing.

18. alvina
    OP

Newcomer alvina Member

Canada
    well the seller said i may return it and have it checked out.
    i hope i can get a working unit ASAP!!!!
    i guess i'll have to study for now [​IMG] haha how sad...