ohnoes.png

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Hopefully this one has at least a little bit of a difficulty to it. Epic Yarn was fun, but there was no challenge at all. Not that Kirby games have ever been very difficult...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally a new kirby game. Hasn't been one in a while.

(epic yarn was kirby-themed, not an actual kirby-feeling game).

I sure hope it plays a lot like the N64 kirby. That game is easily one of my favorites for N64

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like a pink, round Mario with DK power to smash things
tongue.gif

It seems 2011 wiil be even better for the Wii. Just got Last Story (which is truly Epic), Zelda is coming soon and now this promising Kirby game. Include a Starfox game and our pockets will be completely empty.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yes, I love the old Kirby games and now that they've got him back doing what he does best I can enjoy this like all the others...Epic Yarn was putting me to sleep...seriously!!!

Here the Google Translation for what was on the japanese site:

"Also, Kirby is Kirby last year's wool is released in the U.S. and Japan], and for this story turns into Kirby's new smoking vomiting stationary game machines, Imashi to keep you waiting very long or. For the [Wii] Kirby's new product has been developed by a team of Hull Institute. Please see the movie as well.
[Kirby] also this latest film is scheduled for release this year."

lol...
tongue.gif

tenentenen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragon574444 said:
Cool. Hopefully this one has at least a little bit of a difficulty to it. Epic Yarn was fun, but there was no challenge at all. Not that Kirby games have ever been very difficult...

Why all the hate for epic yarn? Epic yarn was Beautifully produced, with very thoughtful and tight game-play. It had the best 2d graphics for any game in recent memory.

Yes, the audience was a younger crowd, and Kirby didn't have his power absorbing, but that doesn't give people the right to dismiss it as bad.

@ddragon574444
Did you get a gold medal in every level? All the treasures? Because getting gold in some of the extra levels, the two after each boss, is pretty challenging.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tenentenen is correct. Don't bitch and moan about Epic Yarn difficulty if you haven't beaten the shit out of it. OBVIOUSLY going for 100% is the challenge. Any moron can whip through the game if you choose to avoid the challenges. But why the hell would you want to just bang through the game ? Enjoy it for god's sake. Don't be a pussy.

Also the new Kirby coming out looks fuckin great

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
No, in fact to me Kirby epic yarn is boring to hell. I can´t play it over 5 minutes. I´d prefer playing a disney sing it. And I usually love kirby games.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
I sure hope it plays a lot like the N64 kirby. That game is easily one of my favorites for N64
I hope not, that game is easily the worst of the "proper" Kirby titles.

QUOTE(shito @ Jan 28 2011, 03:17 PM) i was just going to buy epic yarn
ohnoes.png
Then still do? This isn't coming out for ages and Epic Yarn is a classic albeit easy game.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, I still haven't even finished Epic Yarn. That gif is making the game look awesome already. All the Kirby action I'm used to, no more yarn here.
ohmy.gif

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Hells Malice said:
I hope not, that game is easily the worst of the "proper" Kirby titles.

What's wrong with it? Kirby 64 is one of my favorite Kirby games.
Not trying to start an argument or anything, just wondering.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I all fairness "Epic Yarn" was originally developed as it's own entity only to have kirby slapped on later to give it a more memorable well known character. Yes there's really no challenge in Epic Yarn but I think Nintendo wanted to spark interest in Kirby again before they released this new one.

That being said I kind of wonder if maybe Epic Yarn didn't sell well and that's the only reason this new one is coming out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm