Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
awesome update, I can finally change the font colours
smile.gif

and restore, shut the fuck up, I hope DS your gets stolen.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy, folks. No need to get ugly...

In any case, there may be some odd compatibility issues here and there, but I don't know a card out there that DOESN'T. That being said, I think the primary issues in DHJ stem from the speed of the MicroSD, and not from something the R4 team has or hasn't done. My guess is that both of those games use some special high-speed memory, and instead of loading all assets at once, they are constantly streaming from the card when racers are on-screen. It would explain a lot, as the original card would be able to access fast enough, but the MicroSD would not be able to load all the data in time to keep the speed up.

For the record, I'm using a Patriot 1GB. I felt the need to update that entry on scorpei's wiki, as it too gives slowdowns. That being said, I see no other issues with the games I've tried so far.

Honestly, it works so well, I kind of feel bad about it. I have 15 legit DS games, and I'm sure my DS buying habits are sure to take a hit at this point. I'll probably still buy them, but methinks I'll wait until they're cheaper. In any case, it's been worth it solely to figure out what games I DON'T want. Sonic Rush, Yoshi's Island DS, I'm looking at you...

It would be nice to see some other fixes, and I WAS secretly hoping there'd be more to the update than skinning, but that being said, the card is top-notch as it is. Compatibility is far higher than, say, a PS2 softmod with HDLoader.

Now, if anyone can tell me how to get the nesDS WIP to save on the R4, all will be right with the world.

Sarge out.

poloman

Trophies
XP
Country
the m3 updates usually take a couple of days to come out after the r4 release - should be out in the next couple of days then - im waiting!

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

mrxle3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the new kernel, since I can't test it out due to the fact that I don't have my DS (warranty repair)

I looked at the new kernel zip file and I see 12 theme folders. Prior to 1.07, we had to place 4 images into the _system_ folder to set the theme. So now, are the themes only drawn from those 12 subfolders instead of the root of the _system_ folder? What if you got the B kernel, which does not have the 12 subfolders? Does it work the same as 1.06, where you create the _system_ folder yourself and place the 4 images into it?

Thanks for any replies.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the new kernel, since I can't test it out due to the fact that I don't have my DS (warranty repair)

I looked at the new kernel zip file and I see 12 theme folders. Prior to 1.07, we had to place 4 images into the _system_ folder to set the theme. So now, are the themes only drawn from those 12 subfolders instead of the root of the _system_ folder? What if you got the B kernel, which does not have the 12 subfolders? Does it work the same as 1.06, where you create the _system_ folder yourself and place the 4 images into it?

Thanks for any replies.

Yes, exactly that.

bpfd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I upgraded to 1.07 I noticed that the frame over the icons is flashing. I hate this so I tried to go back to 1.06 but I cant get it to stop flashing. anyone know what I am talking about.

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screw the DS-X!

I modded my R4 so that it not only wipes my ass after Im done playing on the toilet... but, when I urinate .. the R4 even gives it a shake when Im finished. What more can you ask for? The R4 is truly a fantastic product.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i guess this firmware is okay because i wanna put my favourite child/tentacle rape cartoon behind my file selections
wink.gif
no sorry, i was angry because relative of mine died, and i didnt understand that i was mad because that. i guess this is useful update
smile.gif
i think ill create my own skin and create 12 tones so its like psp...

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Screw the DS-X!

I modded my R4 so that it not only wipes my ass after Im done playing on the toilet... but, when I urinate .. the R4 even gives it a shake when Im finished. What more can you ask for? The R4 is truly a fantastic product.
Wait a minute. So what you're saying is if I get an R4, I can fire the midget I hired to shake me after I pee?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://abcnews.go.com/US/3-swimmers-attacked-sharks-off-florida-panhandle/story?id=110942862