Slippy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes, some of the homebrew can be patched to DLDI format but half the time it's incompatible with the R4, so i use my ninjapass X9

Which one ? Precise name of one homebrew app that supports DLDI and does not work properly on R4.

zelda DS
BloopsDS
AXE
Piano Vero DS
rPAINT
AmplituDS
BattleShipDS
whee!
Blackout
Dragon's LairDS
DrugWarsDS
DrummerS
Glider
eurotunnel
rag
Lemmings
pairs DS
mario bros
squash DS
TouchTouch Revolution

all not supported by the R4, do not support DLDI and never will but when patched work perfectly on the ninjapass X9 you can even try these homebrew now and try and put it on your R4, no matter what you do it will not load! i'm glad i still have a ninjapass
wink.gif

Someone can't read. You were asked which homebrew apps DO support dldi yet DO NOT work on r4.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yes, some of the homebrew can be patched to DLDI format but half the time it's incompatible with the R4, so i use my ninjapass X9

Which one ? Precise name of one homebrew app that supports DLDI and does not work properly on R4.

zelda DS
BloopsDS
AXE
Piano Vero DS
rPAINT
AmplituDS
BattleShipDS
whee!
Blackout
Dragon's LairDS
DrugWarsDS
DrummerS
Glider
eurotunnel
rag
Lemmings
pairs DS
mario bros
squash DS
TouchTouch Revolution

all not supported by the R4, do not support DLDI and never will but when patched work perfectly on the ninjapass X9 you can even try these homebrew now and try and put it on your R4, no matter what you do it will not load! i'm glad i still have a ninjapass
wink.gif

Someone can't read. You were asked which homebrew apps DO support dldi yet DO NOT work on r4.

duh, my bad, this is list just to represent what cannot be played on the R4 anyway but if you are talking about DLDI support the list would be much smaller.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well, your a bit of angry person are you not. I get slowdown in tony hawks as well. So what, it still works, and bottom line, every single card out there that uses MicroSD card has potential issues with slowdown of that game. MicroSD Memory is not the same speed as RAM or ROM chips in original cartridges. I for one am happy that I can play it without havign to spend 30 quid on it.
well i just think no worth releasing firmware just to give some kids some ability to just customize so. wow. if there is no any fixes for not working games or any explanation why not i wont update this firmware...

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you're cool enough to buy a card for 30$ to play all the ds games for free and bitch about it because 1-3 games don't work perfectly. Then you're cool enough to buy those games and stop bitching about an update because it wasn't suited to your liking.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We should enjoy the release for what it is and hope for more in the future. Don't let people draw you into a flame war over stuff like this. Most of them are doing it for arguments sake alone. They know they will get a reaction.

My only question for this release is: Will they come out with a new Calendar for next year?
wink2.gif

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Portrait of Ruin runs perfect on a Japan Kingston. Either get one or buy the real game.

jalaneme, i'm questioning in which of those homebrew you actually tested or just pasting a long list to create an arguement. I've tried Dragons Lair DS (without sound. not sure if it's suppose to be that way) and Lemmings and they both work on R4. Tempted to test more to see how many more i can cross off your list.

gamegeezer, it'd be better to ask them for a PSD of the calendar so we can just edit them each year

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i just think no worth releasing firmware just to give some kids some ability to just customize so. wow. if there is no any fixes for not working games or any explanation why not i wont update this firmware...

Wow! Thanks for the compliment, although most don't still call those over 50 years old, "Kids" - they call us "Adults" or even "Old-People".

I for one, welcome the possibility to play 99% of the 900+ games available... and to play them on just one brand flash-cart, without any issues at all.

It also seems that you found a solution to your problem, in that you just wont update your firmware. I am glad that everyone on this site is smart enough to help each other out in a positive manner and/or willing to support others who need a bit of help - gbatemp.net rocks!!

captain^k

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand

zelda DS
BloopsDS
AXE
Piano Vero DS
rPAINT
AmplituDS
BattleShipDS
whee!
Blackout
Dragon's LairDS
DrugWarsDS
DrummerS
Glider
eurotunnel
rag
Lemmings
pairs DS
mario bros
squash DS
TouchTouch Revolution

wink.gif

http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DrugWars%20DS and http://www.mrdictionary.net/lemmings/ seem to run okay for me with an R4DS

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're cool enough to buy a card for 30$ to play all the ds games for free and bitch about it because 1-3 games don't work perfectly. Then you're cool enough to buy those games and stop bitching about an update because it wasn't suited to your liking.
QFT.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Wow! Thanks for the compliment, although most don't still call those over 50 years old, "Kids" - they call us "Adults" or even "Old-People".

I for one, welcome the possibility to play 99% of the 900+ games available... and to play them on just one brand flash-cart, without any issues at all.

It also seems that you found a solution to your problem, in that you just wont update your firmware. I am glad that everyone on this site is smart enough to help each other out in a positive manner and/or willing to support others who need a bit of help - gbatemp.net rocks!!
If it matters any, i call people over the age of 30 "old-people" and adults are 25-29. Im still a kid tho (15)
too bad i never took part in the "customization" the old kernel gave us... maybe i will now? Never know...

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

If it matters any, i call people over the age of 30 "old-people" and adults are 25-29. Im still a kid tho (15)
too bad i never took part in the "customization" the old kernel gave us... maybe i will now? Never know...

It's a good thing you adjust as you get older. I call people over 60 old people. Adults are people 35 to 50, and kids are everyone else. I think society has allowed kids to be kids a little longer than it used to.

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, this makes me want my package sooner now. from Dealextreme i'm still on 3/4 when i checked last night...

H8TR, DS+R4=/=PSP
hehe

I got so pissed at Deal Extreme that I bought mine from someone who lives in Hong Kong on SCDev, which cost me 53$(that includes shipping). Not to mention it came with a 1 gig microsd kingston (japan). Screw deal extreme, down with their horribly slow service!

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, this makes me want my package sooner now.  from Dealextreme i'm still on 3/4 when i checked last night...

H8TR, DS+R4=/=PSP
hehe

I got so pissed at Deal Extreme that I bought mine from someone who lives in Hong Kong on SCDev, which cost me 53$(that includes shipping). Not to mention it came with a 1 gig microsd kingston (japan). Screw deal extreme, down with their horribly slow service!

I ordered mine from Realhotstuff.com and got mine the next day. Worth the extra cash if you ask me... Id rather pay $30 extra bucks to get it fast than wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.